Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,541 to 25,560 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

My guess for the 4th content collection:

• Super Mario Maker stage
  • Pirate Ship stage
  • Star Fox Zero stage (the whole SF64 Star Wolf team is confirmed to be in Star Fox Zero)
  • Wolf
  • Young Link
  • 7 Mii costumes

There's no way this stage is being released on its own, must be a 2nd Nintendo Direct cancelled and content broken down into small parts (the first being around late July or early August).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: that would be nice, but we'll just have to wait. If they break it down and reveal something every few days that would be amazing.

I'm scaling down my hype a bit, at least until something else gets announced.

I wouldn't mind something like Fourside or Great Bay.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Smash_kirby

@Grumblevolcano: I personal would love to see one new character announced for the game if any additional character come out. I am still hoping Sora might drop in as a DLC character. Though I still am pushing for Isaac/Matthew/Felix.

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

There's an interesting tidbit floating around. The pictures on the Smash site are numbered in their URLs. Dreamland is number 1, Hyrule Castle is number 2, Peachs Castle is number 3, and Mario Maker is...number 5.

Suzaku Castle has no image on the page, and came at the same time as Dreamland anyway, so its doubtful that was meant to be number 4, so...

Pootypie

Well that stage came before peach's castle so it could mean something

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

We might be getting a retro stage as well and they decided to announce the Mario Maker stage earlier to ride the Super Mario Maker release hype train.

Grumblevolcano

@Smash_kirby: Sora for certain isn't coming, the final bit of proof is the fact that none of the Nintendo KH games are exclusive anymore. Dream Drop Distance has finally been announced for PS4 so you only need Sony consoles to play the whole KH series. If Sora appeared in any console exclusive fighter, it would be a new entry in Playstation All-Stars Battle series.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Smash_kirby

@Grumblevolcano: In all honesty, I'm thinking this 2.8 game might be coming to the NX, but I would gladly repurchase the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes if they were on the WiiU. I'm sure Square wouldn't release the game to Nintendo systems if the demand was there in the first place. I know I really only have a PS3 just for a few games and BC with PS2 games. As much as I would love to drive my brother crazy, as he is a huge Sony fan boy, I personally don't want to pick up a PS4 to see what the differences between the 3DS and 2.8 version of the games.

Smash_kirby

Rexcalibr

I wonder what the music tracks will be on the Mario Maker stage.

Rexcalibr

Joeynator3000

...I really want a remix of that Robot's theme, always loved that music back on Mario Paint, and still do now on Mario Maker. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Undead_terror

I have returned from the abyss where no man should go (it's p00pie) and I find great news!

Also anyone remember that the special smash demo is now a year old since Saturday? what is no longer cared much now was something everyone went nuts for back a year ago, twas a good time when people felt more special when they got a code and such.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@Grumblevolcano: Snake was in Brawl, so I don't see how that logic really follows. If you want a better argument, according to source gaming, Sora is number 31 in Japan. That's not a whole hell of a lot of support. Unless Sakurai himself just really wants Sora in, he probably doesn't stand a chance.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

@UGXwolf: I like Beauty and the Beast and all its Stockholm Syndrome just like anyone else, but I kinda don't want Disney all up in my Smash.

I mean, they're pretty much everywhere else.

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko: The amount of Disney content in Kingdom Hearts is actually the reason I don't see Sora making it in.
@NintyMan Oh, Hell yes!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf: Snake's first appearance was on NES among other consoles (Metal Gear), the Kingdom Hearts series started out as a PS2 exclusive. Big difference here hence Sora belongs on a Sony fighter exclusive whereas Snake is fine in either a Sony fighter exclusive or Smash.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Err, you do realize that it doesn't matter if Sora has a game exclusive to Nintendo or not right? If Sakurai wanted to put Sora in Smash, he'll be in Smash (assuming he'd be able to obtain the licensing).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

@Grumblevolcano: I think you're missing my point. Look back on the announcement history of Smash 4. There was this notable trend of people noticing patterns early on and then Sakurai breaking them without a second thought. Characters announced to coincide with anniversaries of their games? Lucario was in January. Then Diddy didn't happen in February. "No more than two... Three... Four third party characters." Then we thought only one rep to a 3rd Party. Then Ryu came out. We were so sure FE wouldn't get more than three characters and then we got five. Sakurai doesn't follow patterns. The only thing he consistently does is be unpredictable.

As for adding new characters as DLC, only three things matter: 1) Is the character popular enough to warrant not doing other characters? (In Sora's case, not really.) 2) Does Sakurai want the character in the game? (We honestly have no idea.) 3) Does the character have any sort of moveset potential. (Absolutely.) Sora not getting in won't be because of Disney or Sony or Square Enix. It'll be the lack of interest from the team and lack of demand that keeps him out.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf: Licensing is a big factor too though. If Sakurai wanted Shrek for Smash and he was high on the ballot, do you think it would happen? I'd say probably not because of DreamWorks. Sora is no different.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf

@Grumblevolcano: I don't think Square Enix is THAT unreasonable. Don't forget this is Smash Bros. we're talking about. 3rd parties would kill to get a character in this game. Even Squeenix wouldn't likely turn down that opportunity.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic