Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,521 to 25,540 of 27,917

IceClimbers

@Tsuchinoko: I should point out that they technically are available in Japan via Steam, albeit in English. There's no official localization though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

You two seem to have forgotten/missed a few important details. One that Nintendofan alreay pointed out is that costumes disprove nothing at all. The second is that this poll only concerns Japan, not the whole world. This is likely why Waddle Dee has so much support. Third, this only lists the top 19 characters. Isaac may be really low, but having even a quarter of the support that K. Rool or Wolf has is still a LOT of support. Fourth, Phil Spencer stated that Banjo is fair gane for this. Microsoft owning him isn't stopping him from joining the game, though it does complicate things a bit. Also be aware that having nine Mario reps doesn't stop us from getting a tenth and the Smash Ballot began well before we had any idea Roy would be playable and certainly before we had confirmation. The fact that he had a shorter time to get attention just proves how popular he is in Japan, since he's still ranked number three even after having been playable for three whole months, and at no point has Sakurai said Ice Climbers can't be made playable, he said they didn't manage it. Who knows? Maybe they'll get them working. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though, and the vote indicates nothing, as Ice Climbers will likely be added regardless, if the team ever gets them working. And also, when did Sakurai say Dixie would be a Diddy clone? That seems like an odd thing for Sakurai to say, considering it makes no real sense. I could see some of her moves being similar and her physics being nearly identical to Diddy, yeah, but considering nearly every single one of Diddy's animations was taken directly from his in-game appearances, and Dixie shares almost none of Diddy's animations, aside from the run and jump animation, I can't see any way she'd be a clone.

Thank you for saying the Ice Climbers thing. A lot of people completely wrote them off based on faulty information. And while the work to put them in the 3ds version might be too much for the smaller development team even with the longer time to make new characters, or even if Sakurai and team just decided to focus on other characters and leave them for the next Smash, they aren't impossible.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

@ZeroZX-Dev: Wait...you guys didn't get those games over there?

AceDefective

@Tsuchinoko: We only really got the reskins, the Genesis verison of Tsu on Wii Virtual Console, Minna de, and Fever 1.
We pretty much got nothing after that.
Edit: We also got the Neo Geo Pocket Color version of Tsu as well.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@ZeroZX-Dev: How weird. Its such a popular series, and I thought Puyo Puyo Tetris did well enough.

AceDefective

@Tsuchinoko: I imagine the localized games just didn't sell well enough so Sega just considers them niche over here.
Probably didn't help the games before and after 7 were anniversary games and a crossover, and that the old cast were from an obscure old JRPG series no one in the west knows exist.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@ZeroZX-Dev: Ah, well thats a shame.

Well, if we were going to get a puzzle game character, I'd prefer we get Lip from Panel
De Pon. I feel like its a very similar situation but she's a Nintendo character who hasn't been represented outside of that one item.

Pootypie

Kind of weird shovel knight and shantae arent there

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

@TheGreatLord: It takes a lot more time to localize for Japan than other reasons. Yacht Club had a whole littld editorial on their site about it. Lots of red tape and extra steps to go through.

I wasn't until recently that Japan even had an indie games market for consoles.

TheJudge

Mario Maker level Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS confirmed. It's up on Nintendo's Youtube channel.

Currently Playing:
Mario Golf World Tour (3DS) ~ MarioKart 8, Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8354-8721 | Nintendo Network ID: StayMaking

Joeynator3000

Well that came out of nowhere, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

Whoa, something Smash related that wasn't leaked?! I'm impressed!

Oh, and I can hear D1's voice now: BANNED!

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

Even with all those leaks and fakes, Sakurai can STILL surprise us out of nowhere.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

Wait what?!

NintendoFan64

OKAY! This stage looks awesome!
Edit: I just realized that this stage has slopes in it, but not Super Mario Maker...huh.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Smash_kirby

@NintyMan I feel like more will be announced as we go along until the Stage drops, unless Sakurai wishes to just drop the DLC by itself.

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

@Smash_kirby: Either way is a total possibility. It could be an interesting bit of cross promotion like with the mystery costumes (not like either game needs it).

We might get stage and Mii costume reveals trickle in on a bigger scale than with the twitter reveals with DLC #3.

Maybe Wolf too as a pre-ballot present from daddy Sakurai?

TeeJay

Am I thr only one who csn barely freaking contain their excitement for this Super Mario Maker stage?! THIS IS AMAZING IT IS LITERSLLY 2 OF MY FAVORITE GAMES COMBINED

There is not enough hype in this thread!!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic