Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,501 to 25,520 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

@NintendoFan64: Omg Pokemon Spears. I actually follow him. I think I posted that here back in the spring.

Honestly I'd rather have Brit Brit in Smash than say, Master Chief. At least she's been on a Nintendo console before.

This is totally a Tumblr meme, but I always liked this one.

http://creativerule34hentai.tumblr.com/post/117997203752/hey-...

I do wish the Smash splash art meme stuck around.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Ok seriously... I really hope these are trolls if they are serious then I don't know what to think

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

You take things way too seriously. Just chill. Laugh at the stuff that's ridiculous, grin at the stuff that's awesome.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

You take things way too seriously. Just chill. Laugh at the stuff that's ridiculous, grin at the stuff that's awesome.

Exactly. Its just people having a laugh.

CapeSmash

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! Man, time flies by.

The hype for this game was just incredible. The leaks, the people who got it early streaming it on Twitch, the demo, and all this other stuff. It was crazy! I don't think a game will ever get me as hyped as Smash 3DS did.

In other news, the Smash Ballot ends in 3 weeks. 3. Long. Weeks. At least Super Mario Maker and Smash U will keep me occupied until then.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Zerodactyl

CapeSmash wrote:

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! Man, time flies by.

The hype for this game was just incredible. The leaks, the people who got it early streaming it on Twitch, the demo, and all this other stuff. It was crazy! I don't think a game will ever get me as hyped as Smash 3DS did.

In other news, the Smash Ballot ends in 3 weeks. 3. Long. Weeks. At least Super Mario Maker and Smash U will keep me occupied until then.

Has it really been that long? I remember trying to find spare money to buy Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, and also going to all the tournaments, and even competing in a couple of mini-competitions. Smash Bros. 4 was awesome and still is!

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

You know because of the character costumes the 8-bit version will get like, 90% of the attention.

Rexcalibr

TheGreatLord wrote:

Ok seriously... I really hope these are trolls if they are serious then I don't know what to think

If Britney gets in, I see now excuse for The Smurfs, the Trix Rabbit, and maybe even Cookie Monster as an assist trophy. He'd try to heal you by throwing you food (like Isabelle) but intend, you shove the cookies back down his throat and you kick him off the stage.

Rexcalibr

DreamyViridi

It's crazy to think that it's been a year since Smash 4 was released (in Japan) with all the crazy rumours, leaks and reveals that have happened before and after its release. I just realised that the ballot closes and ends when Smash 3DS started (for us), on October 3rd; I guess whatever we get later on will serve as the 1-year celebration. I love Smash 3DS. Due to the lack of a Wii U, it has provided with all of my Smash Brothers needs.

Although recently, online's become a bit of an issue. Whenever I play, I never join anybody, I'm just put into empty rooms and no-one else ever shows up. And on 1-on-1 mode, when I do finally encounter someone, I bump into the same opponents several times in a row. Sorry for the tangent but has something happened to Smash 3DS's matchmaking recently or is it just me? I really want to fix this issue...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/

Thought I'd post this here. Guy on sourcegaming has been pulling together smash ballot vote data, mainly from message boards and twitter, to get an idea of what Japanese players were voting for.

Its not 100% accurate of course, but we can get an idea.

Btw I still haven't voted. Yikes!

Grumblevolcano

@Tsuchinoko: I hope it's true because Wolf needs to come back!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Hendesu

Untitled

1: Isn't surprising really. Most people really want him in Smash. Can't wait for haters and fanboys to fight each other. lol
2: Glad that Wolf is getting some attention. Hopefully, he'll be in Smash before K rool.
3: Wait. Isn't Roy already playable? Don't the Japanese have him as DLC?
4: Why do people want this character? It's a freaking Waldee with a spear. How is that unique?
5: Cough Already a costume. Unlikely to be playable character Cough
6: Probably could be in Smash if Konami asks.
7: Yet again, a likely OP character.
8: Did everyone forget why they weren't in SSB4 when it was released?
9: That's up to Square. (Which is unlikely.)
10: Good luck trying to get him from Microsoft cold, greedy hands.
11: Likely to be a playable character.
12: Could be. Although furries would go all over this character.
13: Four words. "Already a assistant trophy."
14: What the heck is this? A japan cat from some paper-like game? Most unlikely.
15: Diddy Kong clone alert.
16: Unlikely to be a playable characters intensify
17: Sora has a better chance than him.
18: It's sad that Issac is down here. Did everyone forget him because of that terrible game called: Binding of Issac?
19: Can't for the feminists to ban this game.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

NintendoFan64

@NightmareEater Here, let me have a crack at it:
1. Not surprising. I'd be more surprised if he DOESN'T get in, considering the amount of support for K Rool.
2. Glad to see Wolf getting support, especially since he's probably the only veteran that I can see coming back.
3. Already in.
4. Surprised that he has this much support, to be honest.
5. Given how well Splatoon's doing, I think they have a shot.

NightmareEater wrote:

Cough Already a costume. Unlikely to be playable character Cough

Cough People have called Nintendo on this when K Rool happened. They've confirmed that costumes mean nothing. Here's a link. You have to scroll down a bit, but it's there:
http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-ge...
And if you still think otherwise, call Nintendo yourself.Cough
6. Given that Kojima left Konami, the odds aren't exactly in Snake's favor.
7. Wouldn't mind him getting in. I'd love to play as Magalor.
8. 3DS glitch. Don't get your hopes up.
9. Don't get your hopes up.
10. SERIOUSLY. Don't get your hopes up.
11. I would love for Paper Mario to be in, but since we already have 7 Mario characters (14 counting the Koopalings.), I think we're good.
12. Would be nice.
13. I doubt it'd happen.
14. I know that Yokai Watch is popular in Japan, but I'm not sure if we'll get a rep in Smash.
15. Didn't Sakurai say she'd just be a clone of Diddy?
16. Doubt it.
17. Also doubt it.
18. Really? This is all the support he's got?
19. I don't think it's going to happen, but it would be great if it did.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Smash_kirby

NightmareEater wrote:

Untitled
18: It's sad that Issac is down here. Did everyone forget him because of that terrible game called: Binding of Issac?

I hope you are joking because that is the wrong Isaac.

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

Smash_kirby wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Untitled

I hope you are joking because that is the wrong Isaac.

He must be because as a lot of people fail to realize, most of those indie games don't get released in Japan. No Binding of Isaac, no Shovel Knight, no shantae.

I'm still waiting for VVVVVV.

Smash_kirby

I wonder if there is some strange rules there or something,

Smash_kirby

UGXwolf

You two seem to have forgotten/missed a few important details. One that Nintendofan alreay pointed out is that costumes disprove nothing at all. The second is that this poll only concerns Japan, not the whole world. This is likely why Waddle Dee has so much support. Third, this only lists the top 19 characters. Isaac may be really low, but having even a quarter of the support that K. Rool or Wolf has is still a LOT of support. Fourth, Phil Spencer stated that Banjo is fair gane for this. Microsoft owning him isn't stopping him from joining the game, though it does complicate things a bit. Also be aware that having nine Mario reps doesn't stop us from getting a tenth and the Smash Ballot began well before we had any idea Roy would be playable and certainly before we had confirmation. The fact that he had a shorter time to get attention just proves how popular he is in Japan, since he's still ranked number three even after having been playable for three whole months, and at no point has Sakurai said Ice Climbers can't be made playable, he said they didn't manage it. Who knows? Maybe they'll get them working. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though, and the vote indicates nothing, as Ice Climbers will likely be added regardless, if the team ever gets them working. And also, when did Sakurai say Dixie would be a Diddy clone? That seems like an odd thing for Sakurai to say, considering it makes no real sense. I could see some of her moves being similar and her physics being nearly identical to Diddy, yeah, but considering nearly every single one of Diddy's animations was taken directly from his in-game appearances, and Dixie shares almost none of Diddy's animations, aside from the run and jump animation, I can't see any way she'd be a clone.

UGXwolf

@Smash_kirby: most likely a lack of a good localization team and the misconception that certain games won't do well in Japan... Huh... This is sounding kinda familiar, actually.

Smash_kirby

@UGXwolf: I would happily buy a copy of Fire Emblem 12 if it was available for purchase, with it being translated. I am still hoping for Isaac as he isn't in smash in any other form.

Smash_kirby

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic