Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,361 to 25,380 of 27,917

Hendesu

The ballot should just be for voting for Mii characters. Then everyone can stop arguing that who should be in Smash.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Hendesu

@UGXwolf: What do you mean? That was a positive opinion.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

Just wondering, has anyone noticed a change on the main menu screen? I don't have my system set up but I've heard people talking about some date bar or something that randomly popped up in the last day or two.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

@Tsuchinoko: Yep a ticker is now located at the top of the main menu page displaying news stuff like dlc.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Grumblevolcano

@Jazzer94: I wonder if this + a twitter/facebook announcement is the replacement to how Smash DLC was revealed in the past.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: Considering Iwata used to be a big part of how we got Smash news in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking back to Sakurai's comment about some songs in the 3DS version not appearing in the Wii U version, if I recall correctly it was about some songs such as "Dark Pit" and the original version of "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" not having a loop (it's just a 5 minute song by itself). So I thought by that logic all the 3DS stage music should be in the Wii U version but there are some exceptions (Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) and Lumiose City), you could also argue the 4 original Kirby versions but that could be complicated given how they seamlessly move into each other on the GB Dream Land stage. Lumiose City could point to Saffron City as DLC and Undergound Theme (Super Mario Bros.) to Mushroom Kingdom 64 or Melee as DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexcalibr

"Dark Pit" and "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" are two of my favorite tracks that I never get to hear in the Wii U version because nobody ever uses Palutena's Temple. It's one of the worst stages in the game unless you use the flat form and it will never show up in 1v1 For Glory. Stages like that, Great Temple and Kirby's Great Escape (whatever it's called) have a much, much less likely chance of appearing online than other stages for some reason.

The tracks that play in tournament mode seem completely random to me and not have to do with your music setting options in My Music.

Tournament mode is also significantly decreased in people participating compared to when it was first patched in.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

@Rexcalibr: The original version of "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" and "Dark Pit" aren't in the Wii U version. Only a remix of "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" and a different song from the same Kid Icarus Uprising chapter as "Dark Pit" called "Dark Pit's Theme" are present.

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr

I honestly never noticed the difference because they sound very similar. The only thing I noticed is in the "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" song, the girl is not speaking in the background but I figured that's because in the 3DS stage, she is appearing in the background as you battle.

The 3DS version has some better stages to be honest and I find a few on the Wii U were flops and never get used because they're either too large, or too busy.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

@Rexcalibr: "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" in the Reset Bomb Forest 3DS stage is the remix, the original can only be played in Smash Run.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf

I find Palutena's Temple is a lot of fun, if you're playing with someone who actually fights you instead of running to the bottom left of the stage and hiding there.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

It's been over a month now, and still no new info on Smash DLC.

Sakurai, please I'm thirsty.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

It's not a surprise that Sakurai said people are always wanting something no matter how much they get...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

TheGreatLord wrote:

It's not a surprise that Sakurai said people are always wanting something no matter how much they get...

I love what we already have, it's just that I don't think we've gone this long without any new info. We have the ballot to look forward to, but at this point, I'm a bit tired of speculating on the ballot. lol

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

@CapeSmash: Actually if you only consider official info so ignoring leaks then we have had a longer gap. For DLC, this has been the schedule (lets ignore the Mewtwo unveiling in the 50 facts Direct as we didn't know full on DLC was happening at that point).

• April 1st (Nintendo Direct): Mewtwo's release date announced, Lucas revealed, 1st wave of Mii Fighter costumes revealed.
  • April 28th: Everything announced on April 1st except Lucas was released.
  • June 14th (Pre-E3 Smash Direct): Roy, Ryu, Dream Land 64, Suzaku Castle, 2nd wave of Mii Fighter costumes revealed as well as those + Lucas + Miiverse stage released that same day. Also Tourneys, Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach's Castle 64 revealed.
  • July 31st (Twitter announcements): 3rd wave of Mii Fighter costumes revealed and released. Also Tourneys, Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach's Castle 64 released.

So we are at the position where we know nothing about the future regarding DLC outside of the Ballot ending 3rd October..

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Pootypie

I would safely assume that we will get absolutely no info till the ballot ends or after. I won't see what happens if info comes out October 3 because that week I'm going somewhere without any wifi for a week. So maybe I won't get spoilers... I seriously hope no spoilers, spoilers for ballot winners will just be very frustrating and depressing.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

It looks like the ballot was discretely updated and there are rumblings of an announcement coming tomorrow. I can never manage to imbed videos on this site so just have a link. https://youtu.be/6Gg1DfdqVfs

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic