Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,061 to 25,080 of 27,917

Pootypie

AlternateButtons wrote:

I need to vent. This is ridiculous. All I want to do is play online but nooooooo, the stupid lag makes it UNPLAYABLE. It's like I'm literally playing a slideshow on my TV, it's horrendously bad. No it's not my internet, we have the highest speed available from our provider. Though I'm not writing this because of lag alone. Yes it's annoying, but what's even more annoying is that I CAN'T QUIT THE BATTLE. Why? Because stupid Nintendo with it's stupid online policies ban me from playing for awhile. I quit ONCE today after not playing online for weeks because of slideshow lag and it resulted in a 20 minute ban. Like REALLY?! Are you seriously punishing me for your s***y servers?! F*** you Nintendo. Go f*** yourself.

The only time I can play is when it's 1v1 or within the same country. But guess what? 1v1 is only available in For Glory mode and the option to choose just smashing within your country is only available in tourney mode ONLY when the creator of the tourney specifies it. It seriously limits my options when playing online with this game and it shouldn't. If MK8 can run just fine, so can Smash. I would even take halfing the frame rate to make it possible. The online function in Smash 4 is just broken for me and it's a real shame because it has a lot of good modes in it. They need to fix it. And Samus while they're at it.

I had smooth matches lately... So I'm pretty sure it's you. You could just be saying that your internet is good so you believe the lag isn't from you just chill a bit at least.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@AlternateButtons: I rarely get lag so bad that I want to quit a match. Sounds like it's a You problem and not a universal problem, but the lack of options and the restrictions on quitting matches given that such horrendous lag does, in fact, happen is inexcusable. Nintendo teamed up with DeNA for help with their net coding. Let's just hope that comes through sooner rather than later.

Also, Samus isn't broken. Maybe she could use a tiny buff, but she's just fine.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Smash_kirby

UGXwolf wrote:

@AlternateButtons: I rarely get lag so bad that I want to quit a match. Sounds like it's a You problem and not a universal problem, but the lack of options and the restrictions on quitting matches given that such horrendous lag does, in fact, happen is inexcusable. Nintendo teamed up with DeNA for help with their net coding. Let's just hope that comes through sooner rather than later.

Also, Samus isn't broken. Maybe she could use a tiny buff, but she's just fine.

Her only special that has kill power at decent percentage is the fully charge shot. The super missiles KO red line Mewtwo around ~180. Mewtwo is one of the lighter characters, Bowser is around ~245. Samus out of her suit is more deadly than her inside of her suit, which is the opposite of the lore for her.

Smash_kirby

Joeynator3000

...That's just a bad Samus player...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers: A number of things I notice: most of these are bad hitboxes. Not weak moves. Samus's kill moves are mostly smashes and tilts, which happens to be the same for most ground characters. This video fails to take into account stale move negation, which is when you do the same move over and over and it becomes weaker. I don't feel she really NEEDS kill throws as her grab is too good as it is. (On that note, I feel Ness shouldn't HAVE kill throws because that's just bs.)

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

@IceClimbers: A number of things I notice: most of these are bad hitboxes. Not weak moves. Samus's kill moves are mostly smashes and tilts, which happens to be the same for most ground characters. This video fails to take into account stale move negation, which is when you do the same move over and over and it becomes weaker. I don't feel she really NEEDS kill throws as her grab is too good as it is. (On that note, I feel Ness shouldn't HAVE kill throws because that's just bs.)

I'll be honest with you, you have no idea how much you're wrong. For a character that has more power with the suit on. She needs the Biggest Buff in Smash History ever.

• Jab doesn't connect. Even the game hints say's that you should just jab1 and run. That's a no go.
  • Tilts are really laggy and punishable. S-Tilt has 1 sweet spot and it's to far away compared to the sour spots that can be punished so easily and at point blank like the Side SMash in the video, it can completely miss.
  • Smashes are utter-crap; UpSmash doesn't connect well enough still, DSmash sucks unlike Brawls, and her Side Smash (Which is always the strongest Smash) literally worse than everyone else's Smash. Compared to Marth, these smashes have both Sweet and sour spots and Marth has an even better sweet spot reward and range.
  • Air attacks are sub-par but still bad. The NAir is bad for trying to hit behind you (And Nuetral airs is supposed to be for both sides) and has a massive blind spot on grounded opponents. The UAir has better effect on grounded anything. Compare Marths NAir again and they both take the same amount of time. but Marth can still hit anyone. Samus can only hit taller characters like Rosaluma and Bowser.
  • Blind spots are a no go in general
  • DAir. Compare to C.Falcons.
  • Rolls... For a character that can literally roll... she has the longest, punishable and readable rolls.
  • Coolest looking grabs. That do nothing. They're just throws that are used for getting the C.Beam up. Which can be reflected, blocked or dodged. Landing them is no easy game.
  • Not enough combo's, cause they can be Di'ed and Rage effect can nullify them. The DThrow can be avoided well enough.
  • Missiles > Super Missiles. Weather stale move using is a thing, she's supposed to be a projectile spam character, so she needs to use them. They have good pop but you can't combo into them. You might as well not use them as reflecting them has more of a bonus than they usually do, because you don't benefit anything from shooting a Super Missile in the first place..
  • Down-B can interrupt you. You wanna get a hit in or run away or something and the bomb will pop you and you get punished.
  • Megaman is what Samus should have been. More "Pew pew" and crap. Megaman in Smash run, plays like Megaman. Samus in Smash Run, feels like Karate Kicking.

There's many more reasons. But Samus needs a hell of a buff. Strong as the moves may be in your offence. They don't mean anything when they're horrible. Someone needs to send this to Nintendo. Sakurai may not know Smash competitive, but he can fix stuff. Look at Diddy.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

He didnt fix diddy, he destroyed diddy. Lol

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

martinskrtel37

i don't understand why people talk about nerfs and buffs so much instead of playing the game and getting better..... if the best player in the world doesn't let nerfs stop him why would anyone else care?

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Joeynator3000

Whatever happened to having fun? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

KO-Cub

Ever entered a local tourney? Because it can still be fun.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Azooooz

@Megumi: Ikr? Because this game is meant to be for pros only and playing for fun makes it worse /sarcasm.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

@Megumi: Ikr? Because this game is meant to be for pros only and playing for fun makes it worse /sarcasm.

Well I try to put a lot of technical plays into my falcon to improve him in 1v1 matches and maybe team matches if they make online with FRIENDLY FIRE! Hopefully they do that for two players online at least.

Pootypie

Rexcalibr

Something needs to be done with the tournament mode.

You shouldn't have to be waiting half an hour for it to start if the lobby is already full... and the fact that they give you a 3 min time limit for 1vs1 matches is ridiculous. Most of these matches will end in time and the true winner isn't even determined. It's given due to "activity"... basically who moves around more. Which moron thought this would be a good thing? If it's not going to be judged on damage given then just make it sudden death.

The tournament mode in its current state is pretty awful. A step in the right direction but it needs a lot of work.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

@kelvin217 @TeeJay @TheGreatLord And anyone else interested. I don't plan on doing much tomorrow, so I'd like to go around and do some 1v1s with some of the people here! The people I picked I remember wanting to 1v1 one me at some point, but anyone who wants to add me ( UGXwolf ) for Smash Wii U, I will attempt to play with you as well. I'd like to say I'm going to be organized and have some kinda schedule or something, but not likely. I'll just try to wing it and see what happens. Leave a reply telling me when you'll be available tomorrow and we'll see about setting up reasonable play times.

CapeSmash

Out of boredom, I decided to see which were the top 10 most popular requested DLC characters on SmashBoards. This is what I found.

(Going by thread views for the characters.)

1. King K. Rool - 1,423,986 views, 38,077 replies
2. Bandana Dee - 502,636 views, 21,822 replies
3. Issac - 458,344 views, 16,954 replies
4. Krystal - 311,828 views, 10,043 replies
5. Rayman - 286,921 views, 13,926 replies
6. Snake - 239,217 views, 7,796 replies
7. Wolf - 223,051 views, 7,717 replies
8. Shantae - 126,581 views, 3,858 replies
9. Daisy - 124,651 views, 5,201 replies
10. Paper Mario - 102,136 views, 2,279 replies

I find it odd how Bandanna Dee is ranked number 2, because I don't see much support for him elsewhere. SmashBoards must REALLY love Bandana Dee.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

@CapeSmash: That's a really inaccurate way of tallying it up. The way you did it, you're also counting votes for people who went to the thread to bash the character or for people going to the thread over and over and over. It also skews towards newcomers as there's less to talk about in terms of returning veterans, leaving their threads less active. Granted the only really accurate way to tally this up is by reading the thread to see what everyone actually thinks and only talking one vote per person as opposed to one oer post. And... Looking at the size of that K. Rool thread... I don't blame you for not doing it this way.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic