Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,021 to 25,040 of 27,917

CapeSmash

I won a 1v1 For Glory (medium sized) regular tournament as Ganondorf! And I must say, regular tournaments aren't that bad. I was expecting a lot worse, due to Reddit calling it the worst thing in existence, even worse than Virtual Boy (yes, someone said that). Yet, I had a really fun time, and only lost 1 stock through out the whole thing.

Reddit sucks, and so does their latest tier list. (Ganondorf bottom 4? WTF!?)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

nintendorules

@NintendoFan64 i knew about that and the marth one at 9.0 too i just wont ever complete them as if i do 7.0 i die and go back down i can do between 5.0 - 6.5 and that is it for me i cant do all of master core forms

3ds name steven
ac new leaf dream code 6000-2194-6895

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3669-8578 | Nintendo Network ID: Nintyrules123

yokokazuo

@nintendorules I recently completed all Wii U challenges. I found 9.0 to be easier once I beat it the first time since you learn how master core attacks and how to do Master Fortress. Marth is one of my mains so that helped with the 9.0 in under 15 minutes or so. I also used a custom one with home-run bat. For 9.0 and not losing a life, you can also do it co-op. When by myself and with a friend, I used a custom character (Link) with a decent amount of defence and attack and auto healer. To make up for less jump height I used an up B that gave me a lot of height over doing damage.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Pootypie

And I have completed every challenge except for customs... It takes seriously a long time to get a few :/

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

yokokazuo

@TheGreatLord The most useful method for me was Crazy Orders, in the later rounds you have a pretty good chance of getting new custom moves.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Pootypie

yokokazuo wrote:

@TheGreatLord The most useful method for me was Crazy Orders, in the later rounds you have a pretty good chance of getting new custom moves.

Yeah I'm guessing that too, all star has fair chance of customs as well because I got 5 customs from it yesterda so that's not too bad. I will give crazy orders another try considering I got all CDs from it.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Joeynator3000

That reminds me, gotta finish getting the customs, do the DLC characters have any? I heard that they didn't, which sucks. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

Yeah, I agree that Crazy Orders would be the best way to grind for such stuff.
Custom Fox with "First Striker", "Home-Run Bat" and "Fast Bat Smasher" equipment can get you far if you're really lucky.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

Ugh, I'm still at about 120 challenges cleared. When will I sit down to clear all of them?
I'm dreading that Marth 9.0 challenge, though. That one'll probably be the last challenge I will clear.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

Fox? Can I use Falco as a replacement instead since I use him? Lol

@Megumi they don't which I agree does suck, hopefully they get added in the future. Otherwise that would be unfair :/

Pootypie

Joeynator3000

Oh well, but yeah Crazy Orders is sometimes the best way to nab stuff, especially CDs. I need to get into the habit of using customs for challenges. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Ugh, I'm still at about 120 challenges cleared. When will I sit down to clear all of them?
I'm dreading that Marth 9.0 challenge, though. That one'll probably be the last challenge I will clear.

I just did like 1-3 challenges a day, that helps you clear them trust me. Until it gets to long challenges like "all custom moves" "all headgears" "all CDs" then I just do like 1-3 rounds (of crazy orders, all-star, etc). Customs surely takes the longest in my opinion... Longer than all trophies even thanks to the trophy shop!

Pootypie

DreamyViridi

TheGreatLord wrote:

Fox's quick Blaster allows for easy "First Striker" activation, otherwise sure why not? I found out the setup from seeing someone clear over 100 rounds of Crazy Orders using it. Friend of mine is in the same boat as you in terms of challenges actually so he's also grinding for customs.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

nintendorules

i am still never going to do 9.0 as i cant beat all of master core can go beat sword then clone but thats it i dont mind that as thats all i can do i never got all of brawls challanges done so its not a big deal if i dont on this one

3ds name steven
ac new leaf dream code 6000-2194-6895

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3669-8578 | Nintendo Network ID: Nintyrules123

Hendesu

@nintendorules: Just use Sonic air attacks to win. That's how I beat Master Core 9.0.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

Fox's quick Blaster allows for easy "First Striker" activation, otherwise sure why not? I found out the setup from seeing someone clear over 100 rounds of Crazy Orders using it. Friend of mine is in the same boat as you in terms of challenges actually so he's also grinding for customs.

...100 rounds?

Pootypie

Pootypie

Is it just me or the emojis changed?

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

DreamyViridi

Yeah, though the counter caps at 99. And yes, they have. From the formatting messages thread...

bezerker99 wrote:

Looks like we have new smiley face icons! They look similar to the old ones but are definitely a bit newer....

I like how the 'innocent w/ halo' smiley face doesn't have that >/" garbage at the end of it! Nice work~

I noticed there are two "confused" ones now. No more blushing smiley...

Mario Maker Levels

Pootypie

Reached turn 45 and got two new customs :s

Pootypie

Rexcalibr

nintendorules wrote:

i am still never going to do 9.0 as i cant beat all of master core can go beat sword then clone but thats it i dont mind that as thats all i can do i never got all of brawls challanges done so its not a big deal if i dont on this one

I have beaten it at 8.5 and 8 with equipment. I remember I did it because unlocking one of the CDs requires you to beat it on level 8 or higher with two characters.. I think the Master Hand and Master Core CD. I sort of wish there were more stages and solo modes that have you playing the game like a platformer. It's pretty fun and challenging.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic