Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 2,481 to 2,500 of 12,262

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

2,481. Posted:

Wait, one last thing. How hyped are you for Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, or Mega Man? How hyped are you for Wind Waker HD? How hyped are were for for Path of Radiance when Brawl came out? What about Kid Icarus? Your hype point is invalid.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

2,482. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I thought Toon Link wouldn't make the cut, because he's on the train level in the 3DS version.

I'm kinda hoping Link from Majoras Mask happens. He could just switch masks to turn into his Deku, Goron, and Zora forms, then turn into Fierce Deity as his final smash.

Since Toon Link is back, I'd say Majora's Mask Link should definitely happen.

There's no way we're getting 3 forms of link. I think this pretty much proves Sakurai's statement about clones getting some more originality to be untrue. This is just so unnecessary it hurts.

I agree. Clones look like they're gonna happen, regardless.

That's exactly my point why they should add MM Link now. MM Link would arguably add alot more to the game with his various mask forms in comparison to Toon Link.

EDIT: Honestly, which would you rather have, MM Link(assuming he has the masks) or Toon Link?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

2,483. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Lol, I'm putting more faith in a Brawl mod than Smash 4 now, lol.

That's very sad and pathetic.

And it will look even more so a year from now.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

2,484. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

I call BS. Smash Bros. 4 is 100% going to better. It already is 100% better just based on what little we've seen so far.

If you really want a mod for whatever reason, at least wait until the new one, THEN start thinking about things most would deem unnecessary.

It's just like how people seriously ask for Goku and One Piece characters. It should be beyond obvious it's not gonna happen, yet people are surprised and/or sad that it won't.

It would be like asking if the sun's gonna come up tommorow. You already know it's gonna.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,485. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

I call BS. Smash Bros. 4 is 100% going to better. It already is 100% better just based on what little we've seen so far.

If you really want a mod for whatever reason, at least wait until the new one, THEN start thinking about things most would deem unnecessary.

It's just like how people seriously ask for Goku and One Piece characters. It should be beyond obvious it's not gonna happen, yet people are surprised and/or sad that it won't.

It would be like asking if the sun's gonna come up tommorow. You already know it's gonna.

Preach it

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

2,486. Posted:

So if it's one thing I learned today, it's that half of all Smash Bros fans are drama queens. I've read so many comments of people who instantly lost faith in Smash Bros just because of Toon Link... it's pathetic. Any little thing that people don't like, they just seem to go bezerk. Like they did when they were upset over the outlines in the 3DS version, give me a break, it's not the end of the world.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

2,487. Posted:

@MrWalkieTalkie Couldn't agree more, and no one is forcing you to play as him either. If you don't want to play as him don't choose him. Plain and Simple.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

2,488. Posted:

If anything, I'd say adding a "clone" character gives more hope that they'll just add the whole Nintendo crew.

I'm was pretty sure the "20-30" character goal was how many they wanted to add, relatively close to the 35(39 if you count transforms) from Brawl.

Plus, Namco is working on this. If you look at their Dragonball fighting games, they put every single variation of every character they can possibly think of before shipping out the game.

They're probably whipping out models of every character in question in no time.

I'd say Toon Link's return is a sign that they have plenty of time on hand for arguably low priority character choices, in otherwords.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

2,489. Posted:

@Scar without a doubt MM link, he actually could have a different flipping moveset from the other link, unlike the Felix cat clock we're stuck with.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,490. Posted:

Just goes to show that gamers can quite the whiney bunch sometimes (scratch that, make that most of the time), but it goes with the territory I suppose.

In any case, I don't buy Sakurai's initial statement of a Brawl-sized or smaller roster. The expectations are far too great, and the series is known for its ever expanding character selection, so it would be an utterly foolish move to limit the number to that of a previous gen game (or worse yet make it smaller).

I understand Sakurai's reasoning for a small roster (balance), but there are just too many choices to limit the count to Brawl's 35. Even if the number only jumps to 40 characters, it would still be an improvement.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

2,491. Posted:

You have to remember though, they still have to fir everything onto the 3DS cartridge, so it's not implausible that we might get a roster the size of Brawl's or even a little smaller.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

2,492. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So if it's one thing I learned today, it's that half of all Smash Bros fans are drama queens. I've read so many comments of people who instantly lost faith in Smash Bros just because of Toon Link... it's pathetic. Any little thing that people don't like, they just seem to go bezerk. Like they did when they were upset over the outlines in the 3DS version, give me a break, it's not the end of the world.

Heh, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. There will be always "those" kind of people. I'm just worried about Toon Link's cheap air down+a in Brawl makin it from Smash 4.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

K964

2,493. Posted:

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,494. Posted:

K964 wrote:

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

omg sonic with lost world,a pokemon with X and Y, and pac man with Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

2,495. Posted:

K964 wrote:

K964 wrote:

Yeah, you would think Peach would be with Mario 3D World, but maybe they have something to announce related to DKC or something else Mario or even a newcomer around that time. Or I'm just being too optimistic. ;)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

2,496. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

You have to remember though, they still have to fir everything onto the 3DS cartridge, so it's not implausible that we might get a roster the size of Brawl's or even a little smaller.

Even if the game is 8GB on 3DS, it shouldn't really be a problem.

SD cards are pretty small. I would guess that it wouldn't be that hard to fit at even 32 GB worth of game on a 3DS cartridge, which is a bigger piece of tech.

Now, I have no clue how a 3DS cart actually works(why it's proprietary, I mean), but fitting 32GB on a 3DS game card, and the 3DS being able to read it all at once if it needs to shouldn't be a problem.

This is just going based off of how memory is read to begin with. The 3DS(or anything, really) is never accessing the entirety of an SD card all at once.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

2,497. Posted:

Untitled
Donkey Kong: "Want bomb?"

Edited on by DestinyMan

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

2,498. Posted:

Donkey Kong: "Excuse me, sir; I do believe you dropped this."
...Oh dear. XD

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

cookiex

2,499. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Even if the game is 8GB on 3DS, it shouldn't really be a problem.

SD cards are pretty small. I would guess that it wouldn't be that hard to fit at even 32 GB worth of game on a 3DS cartridge, which is a bigger piece of tech.

Now, I have no clue how a 3DS cart actually works(why it's proprietary, I mean), but fitting 32GB on a 3DS game card, and the 3DS being able to read it all at once if it needs to shouldn't be a problem.

This is just going based off of how memory is read to begin with. The 3DS(or anything, really) is never accessing the entirety of an SD card all at once.

While 3DS can support SD cards up to 128GB, each 3DS game card supposedly only carries 8GB at most.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24569

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

2,500. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Donkey Kong: "Excuse me, sir; I do believe you dropped this."
...Oh dear. XD

Toon Link: Uh oh...
Kaboooom! XD

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder