Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,781 to 24,800 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

@Cheesehead302 I think hacking is something you'd want to keep to yourself here.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

Why can't I join the NL tourneys? I type in the password, but it's not letting me. Does the creators of the tourneys block me for some reason?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Gridatttack

NightmareEater wrote:

Why can't I join the NL tourneys? I type in the password, but it's not letting me. Does the creators of the tourneys block me for some reason?

Either 2 things:

You typed the password wrong (Its case sensitive) or the tourneys are full/no space available.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

UGXwolf

@Rexcalibr: That's entirely up to the individual. I find if you have little patience, you're best avoiding the regular tournaments (multiplied tenfold if you prefer to play 1v1 For Glory), and if the idea of just garnering points through regular matches to rise to the top doesn't interest you, then don't bother with tourneys, either. If you just wanna get into the action, forget this mode even exists.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mikes

@TylerTheCreator Dang. This is such a strange rule. Well, next time, I'm just going to make sure I move around like an idiot when I'm not close.
Dang. I just heard there are no Samus buffs. Why does Luigi, of all characters, get some and not Samus? My brain hurts.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

TeeJay

There's no way to win tournaments unless you have time to sit down all day and out-play the competition. And by out-play.I mean just dot there and Smash for longer. Skill doesn't seem to be much of a factor here, so winners are basically just the people with the most time to play, not the most skilled players.

So tournament mode seems somewhat pointless to me.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

There's no way to win tournaments unless you have time to sit down all day and out-play the competition. And by out-play.I mean just dot there and Smash for longer. Skill doesn't seem to be much of a factor here, so winners are basically just the people with the most time to play, not the most skilled players.

So tournament mode seems somewhat pointless to me.

Is that for regular tournaments? I thought it was like brackets.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@TeeJay: *Tourney. Not Tournament. Tournaments are single-elimination brackets. Tourneys are what you just described, and while you're not entirely wrong that playing for longer helps, being actually good at the game also helps, as in points, you'll get 10x as many points winning as idling. And in wins, you'll only get points if you win. Skill is a factor, it's just not everything.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TylerTheCreator

@TeeJay: I don't get what you're trying to say. This has nothing to do with time. You're either better than your opponent or you're not. Of course you have to out-play the competition because that is what winning is. If you didn't win, that's most likely because the other player is better than you.

No offense.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Joeynator3000

TylerTheCreator wrote:

@TeeJay: I don't get what you're trying to say. This has nothing to do with time. You're either better than your opponent or you're not. Of course you have to out-play the competition because that is what winning is. If you didn't win, that's most likely because the other player is better than you.

No offense.

....Or lag. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TylerTheCreator

@Megumi: It seems you are having a lot of lag issues. I usually don't. Maybe using speedtest.net will get you closer to the solution to your problem.

TylerTheCreator

TeeJay

@TylerTheCreator: Actually, quite the opposite. I was dominating most matches I entered with my Robin (not all, but most) but there's no way I could have won the tournament or even place because I don't have the time to sit down and do nothing but play Smash for the 3 days the tournament will be running. The moment I dtop Smashing my ranking drops as more people with more free time surpass me by sheer playtime alone.

That's what I'm saying.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TylerTheCreator

@TeeJay: Well that's because you entered a 3 day tournament. Enter shorter ones.

TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

@IceClimbers: It seems that Samus needs to be fixed.

Although, there are other characters who can't throw well as well.

TylerTheCreator

Iggly

@TeeJay: You'll probably prefer the "For Glory" tourney NL will do tomorrow since that one is focused on wins and people are only allowed to do 20 matches. (that will go towards their final score) So anyone can score high on that tourney if they win a lot.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@TylerTheCreator: I think it's more than her throws that need fixed. That video didn't even cover everything.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Iggly

TylerTheCreator wrote:

@Iggly: How do I access the NL Tourney?

You can find the details over here: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/play_beat_each_other...
It talks about the tourney id, password, rules and etc. You can choose/join all three tourneys they're hosting. The For Glory and Fan Fighter hasn't started yet, but the For Fun one did.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@IceClimbers: Oh, I know. But I was just mentioning the throws because I think there are other fighters with the same problem.

@Iggly: Thank you very much for the help. I appreciate it a lot.

TylerTheCreator

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic