Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,721 to 24,740 of 27,917

TeeJay

DreamyViridi wrote:

Anyone noticed any other character changes? I'm late to the party but Shulk's Back Slash hitbox comes out a lot faster, the animation for it has been sped up a bit. I just found this out in an online match, better head to Smashboards and see what changes they found.

Found out on Smashboards that Toon Link's dash grab and pivot grab are both faster. Both my mains got buffs! But that was last night. I should head over there now to see what else they discovered...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

PaperMario64

@bezerker99: Wii LAN Adapter is compatible with the Wii U.
Good luck!

They fixed the trampoline bug with Pac-Man. :/

Edited on by PaperMario64

PaperMario64

veeflames

Well, third time's the charm, right? After getting knocked out a second time because of the 'most active player' rule, I joined another tourney. Advanced to the Quartersemi-Finals, but I lost to a Toon Link. Only if I had thought of using Inhale to Kirbycide or something... XD
I'm happy I finally advanced, though. And yes, I'm in another tourney. Can't help it!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TylerTheCreator

@Grumblevolcano: In Regular Tournaments, if two people have the same score or same amount of stocks, the most active player wins at the end instead of having a sudden death match take place. Though, I am not sure how Nintendo determines who was the most active player. Maybe the one who inflicted the most damage?

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

CapeSmash

Tournament mode is very fun, but I really wish they added local tournaments. Seriously, why is that NOT in the game? The 3 minute replay upload limit sucks, but I don't really care too much, because most of my best matches are 2 minutes or shorter (thanks, Dorf). The new returning stages are fun, although I wish they'd put a bit more effort in the music selection for them... The new Mii Fighter costumes are super fun. The new balance patch is also great.

I'd say this was a very good update! Not perfect, but very enjoyable. However, Reddit thinks it's the worst thing to ever happen in the history of mankind. Lol, Reddit is TRASH.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

veeflames

TylerTheCreator wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: In Regular Tournaments, if two people have the same score or same amount of stocks, the most active player wins at the end instead of having a sudden death match take place. Though, I am not sure how Nintendo determines who was the most active player.* Maybe the one who inflicted the most damage?*

That's what I thought at first, but this happened; I had entered a 4-player For Glory match (2-stock,time enabled). The remaining two players were Sheik and Zero Suit Samus. It was very obvious the Sheik was going to win, but the player was unable to knock out Zero Suit Samus. Then I see ZSS advancing.
I think the "most active player" rule means something like who moved and attacked the most. The match was unbearably laggy, so the two players were just spamming those long jump attacks of theirs to see whether it would hit the other player...

God first.

veeflames

Sigh... today's really not my day. I was kicked off the tourney I just played due to a timeout (lag extended the match beyond 2 minutes) Apparently my opponent had the worst internet I've ever seen since I started playing Smash Bros. online; actions would not happen until like after 3 seconds! I won, but I could not advance to the Quartersemi-Finals because of a timeout. Ugh.
Maybe I should just go and play some Splatoon... XD

God first.

DreamyViridi

@CapeSmash: I've seen a fair few mention local tournaments but I feel that feature wouldn't get used very much, if at all. Maybe that's why it's not in the game in the first place.

Speaking of the upload feature, I play the 3DS version so I can't try it out. What's the resulting upload looks like? I want to see if it comes with victory screen or just the match.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

DreamyViridi wrote:

@CapeSmash: I've seen a fair few mention local tournaments but I feel that feature wouldn't get used very much, if at all. Maybe that's why it's not in the game in the first place.

Speaking of the upload feature, I play the 3DS version so I can't try it out. What's the resulting upload looks like? I want to see if it comes with victory screen or just the match.

Smash Tour is probably even less used than the tourney modes in Melee and Braw. But yeah, It would still be a nice option to have, and I really enjoyed the tourney modes in previous games and play them semi-reguraly.

I haven't uploaded any replays myself just yet, but I have seen some uploaded replays. At the beginning of the match it shows the current game version in the top left corner of the screen for a few moments. The quality is generally 720p 30fps, and the replay will automatically make a description for the video (the stage, characters, all that stuff). And yes itt does show the victory screen, but not the results (at least I think).

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Joeynator3000

What's the limit to uploading? Because I do long matches, and I may be better off just using my capture device. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

@Megumi: The matches must be 3 minutes or shorter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

@CapeSmash: True, Smash Tour can be fun with friends but is otherwise just there, I don't like how some challenges are tied with it. I personally just never used the Tourney features myself.
@Grumblevolcano: Thanks. It looks pretty good.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Megumi: The matches must be 3 minutes or shorter.

...Screw that, I'll just stick with the capture device, plus I get 60fps, so...hah! x3

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Mikes

TylerTheCreator wrote:

In Regular Tournaments, if two people have the same score or same amount of stocks, the most active player wins at the end instead of having a sudden death match take place. Though, I am not sure how Nintendo determines who was the most active player. Maybe the one who inflicted the most damage?

It's probably based on the highest percent. I went in a tourney recently, and in the first match, we were at the same stock, but he was at a higher percent, and I won. In the finals, the opponent was on the same stock as me, but my percent was higher, so they won.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

KO-Cub

Well that's actual tourney rules, so...

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Sir_Diabeetus

I haven't tried online tournament mode yet...

Does anyone want to play with in NL? I know there's already a thread about that, but it's very inactive. My NNID should be in my profile.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Joeynator3000

I tried the tournament...lost on the first match because of horrid lag, go figure. :/

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic