Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,701 to 24,720 of 27,917

Rexcalibr

I haven't tried the Youtube upload yet. That could be interesting.

The Hyrule Castle 64 is the best looking of any of the old stages they reintroduced for this game. It looks more polished than the Kirby and Mario one. I would have liked it if both stages had better music selection though and always found it odd how some stages have 10 or so tracks to choose from and others only have 5.

Overall this update was meh for me. Without a ranking system, I just don't really feel inclined to continue playing online and will probably only have fun with it when I play multiplayer locally among friends, which isn't often.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

@PaperMario64: Yep and I tried uploading one that lasted longer than 3 minutes and this came up. Looks like this is Nintendo saying "If a match is longer than 3 minutes it is boring to watch" similarly to their approach of "Watching a whole Mario Kart race is boring".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Sad. While some of the most funny moments can be less than 3 minute, most of the good close , exciting and worth while matches are just above.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

NintendoFan64

Wait, they can only be 3 minutes? Well that...sucks.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

bezerker99

Am I the only person that has such awful lag in Smash Bros that it makes it impossible to play online? I'm tempted to record a video later tonight to show how terrible it is and unplayable. If the game wasn't so laggy I would probably play it more but in it's current state, it's not any fun.

NintendoFan64

@bezerker99 How's your internet connection? For me there have been times where the lag was just God awful, but other times there wasn't any lag at all.

bezerker99

@NintendoFan64: I have had high speed internet for 5 years now. It works great with everything I use it for (Netflix, Hulu Plus, downloading games, internet surfing...) and I don't have any trouble with any other online game (Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 (and 4) Ultimate....). (In fact, I played a nonstop 3 hour session of Mario Kart 8 online last night with @kribsykirbs and @Blaze and never got disconnected once nor had any other online related issues.)

I had the same laggy issues with Brawl when trying to go online with that game back in the day.....

I've had Smash Bros for Wii U ever since it was released in North America and I never play it because offline it's boring and online I can't play because of severe lag. (and yes, i use the word 'severe' because it really is that choppy and bad...a 3 minute match could take 10+ minutes because of it).

Edited on by bezerker99

NintendoFan64

@bezerker99: Well, I don't know what to tell you.

MajinSoul

@bezerker99: Same here. I barely play Smash 4 because the online is unplayable for me due to lag. The fun thing though: save the replay of the match and watch it afterwards. The video makes it seem like there was no lag whatsoever. Magic! I'm considering to buy a Lan adapter just for Smash 4, although I'm not too sure if this will do any good. It's especially annoying when other online games like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Bayonetta 2 run with 0 lag whatsoever.

@NintendoFan64 That stage looked so real. A shame its only fake

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Shinion

@bezerker99: I've got both the 3DS and Wii U versions, and I have little to no problems online in For Glory, even For Fun isn't always that bad, though I'll admit it is problematic most of the time. If you just can't fix your online problems, and especially if you don't find the single-player content fun, I'd say the obvious answer is sell the game, you'll still get considerable value for it now, you don't have to call it a fail, for most people it's the exact opposite.

Shinion

Pootypie

Seriously what is the actual point of faking a leak? Pretty stupid if you ask me. Also match up to three mins. Pretty stupid on that one too :/ why just three mins... Looks like I still have to potato record my matches

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

Yeah, so uh... I lost my first ever Tourney match (It was For Glory, 1v1 and medium stock) because of some error I made. Sucks.
Joined another tourney immediately after that. Let's hope I perform well.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

bezerker99

@TheLastLugia: When I played online I was playing 1 on 1 with a friend on my Wii U Friend's List. I was told from other users a while back that playing against people on your friend's list was a more solid connection and would be less laggy than playing random online users from around the world. But it was just as laggy if not more laggy.

I realize most people love this game and it's unfortunate that I don't have the same feelings.

Edited on by bezerker99

TylerTheCreator

I'm sorry you guys are having a lot of lag problems. I'd say about 80% of the time, my matches run smoothly, and I don't even have a Wii LAN Adapter.

YouTube upload limit is 3 minutes? That is a bit of a letdown. Now I don't know if I'll even use that feature often.

The tournaments that players make aren't really tournaments, they're just open rooms for whoever wants to keep playing with each other on a specific set of rules. It's a cool feature, but it's not really a tournament. It's not bad that it's not a tournament, it was just a bit confusing at first. Though, I am disappointed that players can't make rooms that are 1v1. There are 1v1 tournaments in the Regular Tournaments. I hope Nintendo adds the capability to make 1v1 rooms.

The real tournaments are in the Regular Tournaments section. It is really cool that you can play 64-player tournaments online now, and there are tournament lobbies for many different sets of rules. The only disappointment I have with it is that you can't watch other players fight each other live; only a replay. I mean, I guess tournaments would last a while if each player had to watch everyone fight, but I digress. I also wish that the wait times for Regular Tournaments weren't as long. The wait times can be up to 45 minutes long, I think. I wish it was more like a 15 minute wait time because players fill the tournaments very quickly; especially the For Glory tournaments. But, nonetheless, I am glad this mode is finally in Smash.

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Eel

Well, I can't blame Nintendo.

A long game might have been fun for those who played it, but for the rest of us it will be boring.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DreamyViridi

Anyone noticed any other character changes? I'm late to the party but Shulk's Back Slash hitbox comes out a lot faster, the animation for it has been sped up a bit. I just found this out in an online match, better head to Smashboards and see what changes they found.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic