Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 2,461 to 2,480 of 8,196

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

2,461. Posted:

Sakurai did said that he personally believes the limit for making characters for a new Smash Bros. game is 20. But he and his team always goes above expectations to please the fans. You please the fans, you get their money and support. That's why I personally don't believe that these new games will have a smaller roster than Brawl's. That's why some people are upset by this, but it's simply too early and vague to be making such an assumption. Odds are it will not be smaller than Brawl's. The Wii U and 3DS are more than capable of supporting at least a Brawl-size roster, but it will probably go above that.

Before Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS were announced, many of us thought the games were still very early in development and we would not get much gameplay footage. It turned out that there was gameplay footage shown off and there are screenshots revealed five days a week. We don't know just how much hard work and dedication has been put into these projects.

Besides, Toon Link is not an absolute clone. He is lighter and faster than Link. He doesn't have the same weight as the normal Link. And just because he's been confirmed, does not in any way confirm a flood of clones invading the new roster. You would be overreacting to assume such a thing. There will be more veterans than newcomers. Sakurai is getting the veterans announced quicker than newcomers because there will obviously be more older characters than new ones. I think people are just getting too antsy and impatient for a newcomer, and I agree that a newcomer should be announced as early as next month. In the meantime, we're just going have to let some veterans get in the gate first. Sakurai wants to balance things out, and he's got plenty of time. He's in no rush, because these games won't be out until next year, and probably not until late next year at that.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,462. Posted:

Maybe sakurai changed his mind or nintendo is forcing him to maybe bump up the roster we wont know for sure in till real game play is shown.just because he says one thing it does not mean nintendo will not turn around and say another...plus there really no more characters he could add maybe chrom...but is there anyone else that he could add that doesn't already have a counter part. I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character. We can also rule out snake coming back..that leaves sonic(i think he will come back)...those are my thoughts.. :)

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

2,463. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

Lol, I'm putting more faith in a Brawl mod than Smash 4 now, lol.

That's very sad and pathetic.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

2,464. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character.

Mr. Game & Watch was in Melee, so that would make him a two-time character. Peach was a two-time character and she's in the game...

Edited on by MickeyTheGreat

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

2,465. Posted:

You're right, Toon Link isn't just a clone of Toon Link; he's a clone made stronger than the original. I don't assume a flood of clones. Sakurai said he believed in a smaller roster knowing we, the fans, wouldn't like that, and I fully expect it to be a smaller roster than Brawl's. I know there will be more veterans than newcomers, I don't know what you're trying to prove there. Just because something is capable of supporting other said something doesn't mean it'll happen.

Anyway, Sakurai has yet to say he takes back his 20 character limit. And even when he probably will, it still will probably have a limit.

This is only slightly relevant, but just because Sakurai has said one thing and done another in the past doesn't mean he'll say there's a limit and then not have a limit this time.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Caryslan

2,466. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Maybe sakurai changed his mind or nintendo is forcing him to maybe bump up the roster we wont know for sure in till real game play is shown.just because he says one thing it does not mean nintendo will not turn around and say another...plus there really no more characters he could add maybe chrom...but is there anyone else that he could add that doesn't already have a counter part. I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character. We can also rule out snake coming back..that leaves sonic(i think he will come back)...those are my thoughts.. :)

Mr. Game and Watch is more than likely coming back since he has already been in two smash bros games, represents a period of Nintendo's history(the Game and Watch era of handheld gaming), is fairly popular, and has a very unique move set.

ROB and Snake are a bit unclear, although I would say that ROB has a pretty good chance of making it back as well

Caryslan

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

2,467. Posted:

@SleepingMudkip What about King K. Rool, Little Mac, Wart, Viridi, Magnus, Palutena, Lucina, Dillon, Shulk, or anyone else people have been begging for?

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

2,468. Posted:

Mr. Game & Watch is very likely. He was in a piece of concept art along with Wario, Marth, Meta Knight, and Zero Suit Samus, which isn't clear proof that they are guaranteed to return, but it's very likely because they were considered. R.O.B. has a decent chance. Snake is almost certainly out, and I'm cautiously optimistic about Sonic, though I'll keep expectations low so I wouldn't be too disappointed if he doesn't return.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,469. Posted:

KiDasharus wrote:

@SleepingMudkip What about King K. Rool, Little Mac, Wart, Viridi, Magnus, Palutena, Lucina, Dillon, Shulk, or anyone else people have been begging for?

1.who is king...whatever 2.little mac ok he might be in there but nintendo said fighter characters dont fit in SSB 3.wart really 4.viridi...she like 10 years old 5.magnus yah he might 6.palutena i dont think so 7.lucina ehhh maybe 8.dillon i dont think so his art style might hold him back... 9.send me more i will evaluate them.

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Deluxe WII U

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,470. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character.

Mr. Game & Watch was in Melee, so that would make him a two-time character. Peach was a two-time character and she's in the game...

sorry i did not play melee as much as brawl so my memory is fuzzy and what wrong with peach

Deluxe WII U

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

2,471. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

what wrong with peach

I didn't say anything was wrong with Peach, I was just using her as an example of a character that appeared in Smash Brothers twice and reappeared in SSB4.

Edited on by MickeyTheGreat

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,472. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

what wrong with peach

I didn't say anything was wrong with Peach, I was just using her as an example of a character that appeared in Smash Brothers twice and reappeared in SSB4.

no its the fact that she iconic when a normal gamer think of nintendo do they think peach or do they think Mr.G&W

Deluxe WII U

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

2,473. Posted:

Gotta love how everyone making a big deal out of nothing; in this case, Toon Link. There was nothing but praise for Luigi upon his reveal and with good reason, it's Luigi; but he's technically a clone of Mario! No-one dumped over that, why dump over this? See, this is why I don't hope for characters I'd like to see playable actually make it in. It leads to unjustified disappointment.

I kinda hate when someone says "they should of put in 'insert character here'". It's either a REALLY stupid or selfish choice (put 'em in 'cause I'm a fan an' I say so), or they suggest a decent idea and jinx it (Sounds awesome but now it'll never happen)...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

2,474. Posted:

Anyone thinks there should be a online world tournament mode?

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

2,475. Posted:

@Dreamy My thoughts exactly on the first paragraph. Everyone is getting so uptight about this...Can they all AT LEAST be happy that it's a Brawler instead of nobody at all?

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
Deviantart Profile. <- Going through a DK phrase.
The Chit Chat crew! <- A thread full of...intresting things.
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

2,476. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

when a normal gamer think of nintendo do they think peach or do they think Mr.G&W

... I'm fairly certain I could counter that, (maybe I couldn't but that's not the point) but I know you're just gonna think of some other reason why Mr. Game & Watch won't be in the game, so I'm just gonna pull out before things get messy.

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,477. Posted:

@Mickey you came close but i win Untitled

Deluxe WII U

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

2,478. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

KiDasharus wrote:

1.who is king...whatever 2.little mac ok he might be in there but nintendo said fighter characters dont fit in SSB 3.wart really 4.viridi...she like 10 years old 5.magnus yah he might 6.palutena i dont think so 7.lucina ehhh maybe 8.dillon i dont think so his art style might hold him back... 9.send me more i will evaluate them.

Doesn't matter what you think alone, it matters what the fans altogether think, sometimes. Mega Man is there party because of the fans, you know. That's what the fans are asking for. My point is, Chrom is not "the only one left they could add".

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,479. Posted:

KiDasharus wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

KiDasharus wrote:

Doesn't matter what you think alone, it matters what the fans altogether think, sometimes. Mega Man is there party because of the fans, you know. That's what the fans are asking for. My point is, Chrom is not "the only one left they could add".

Im not thinking of me alone im thinking of art style,how they would fight,how they fit in with other characters i said chrom was the only choice off the top of my head plus, im sorry i dont spend a day making a list of SSB chracters and as you seen above their were other characters i considered plus Fans been asking for different things for years and do they come nooo... they also pick characters by hype such as toon link making hype for WWHD.... snap snap

Deluxe WII U

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

2,480. Posted:

Yeh, I can't agree with you, and you're not going to listen to me, so I'm going to stop trying.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg