Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,401 to 24,420 of 27,917

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Yoshi will have a natural upper hand on most characters in the game, but Ike has the advantage of being very under represented online, meaning people are less familiar with him and what he can do. If you're getting good with the character, don't stop using him. That's how characters like Pac-man rise up the tier list: someone figures out how to do some real damage and because most people aren't familiar with the match-up, they get even more of a leg up.

I am wondering if he wants me to play Yoshi just so he has an easier time beating me. When I play Ike he wins 90% of the time, and when I play Yoshi he wins 92% of the time... his Game & Watch is insane.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

@NightmareEater: A. Dark Pit isn't a villain. B. Just because you're good with Megaman doesn't mean everyone else is.
Edit: Also, when it comes to villains, you're looking at 4 against 51 (Counting the Mii as 3 characters, plus the fact that Wario doesn't really count.). I think we can add one more.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

@NightmareEater @NintendoFan64: You could argue King Dedede isn't really a villain either, the only true villains in Smash are Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

@Grumblevolcano Good point. He hasn't really done anything bad lately, and has even helped Kirby two games in a row.

BigBabyPeach

@TylerTheCreator: Problem is, if they include K. Rool in Smash, it takes away the spot of a character that really deserves it. Also, you can already tell his fighting style will be boring as hell, like a Donkey Kong/Bowser type, do we really need that? There are so many other cool characters that would be better choices, like Bomberman, Kachi from Sin & Punishment, Isaac, Captain Syrup, heck even Chibi Robo would be more interesting than this design failure that Rare prolly spent 5 minutes on, just to get home early.

Edited on by BigBabyPeach

BigBabyPeach

NintendoFan64

@BigBabyPeach The dude's been a king, a pirate a scientist, a boxer, and a pro baseball player. I highly doubt his moveset would be boring. Also, who's to say that he doesn't deserve a spot as much as those guys? That's really just your opinion.

BigBabyPeach

@NintendoFan64: Uh yeah, of course it is my opinion, I didn't mean to pass it off as fact. Judging by the overwhelming support for K. Rool, he will probably the winner of the ballot, so I just wanna voice my disapproval, as useless as it is...

BigBabyPeach

TylerTheCreator

@BigBabyPeach: Well, those are just your opinions. There are many people who think their opinions are just as valid while they're saying the opposite of what you're saying.

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

veeflames

Inklings, Professor Layton and Chase McCain for Smash before King K. Took, please.
Not that I hate King K. Tool, though...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Green-

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Inklings, Professor Layton and Chase McCain for Smash before King K. Took, please.
Not that I hate King K. Tool, though...

If they ever give us the Inklings I wouldn't mind getting Callie and Marie and maybe the Octolings.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

veeflames

Hmm... knowing Smash Bros., I'm guessing we'll just get trophies of Marie, Carie and the Octolings. Or maybe an assist trophy of the Octolings themselves.... Awesome.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Hendesu

@VeeFlamesNL: Inkling in Smash Bros? You gotta to be kidding me. Their game been released for like, few months? Let their game age a little.
@NintendoFan64: Being helpful in two games doesn't make someone stop being a villain. That's saying Bowser ain't a villain due to being helpful in M&L SSS and SMRPG.
@NintendoFan64: Pretty much anyone. Anyone can have a better moveset than K. Rool.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

@NightmareEater: Considering how popular and well Splatoon did as a new IP, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Inklings included in a future Super Smash Bros. After all they already have a skin of the Inkling characters in the game.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@NightmareEater: My reasoning was going further, King Dedede is only evil in Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Adventure (and their respective remakes). All other games feature either King Dedede as an ally or only evil because he's been possessed by something so by majority he's not a villain and just greedy (comparable to Wario).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

@NightmareEater: I personally don't like Splatoon,but it sold well for a new IP and has a fanbase that loves it. And Nintendo noticed it as well that's why there's Inkling costumes in Smash and maybe you'll see more of them in the game.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

IceClimbers

@NightmareEater: Have you played DKC? K Rool has so many things to pull from for a moveset it's not even funny. If you don't want K Rool, that's fine. Do know that you are in the minority and that K Rool is extremely likely to be one of the Ballot characters.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

@Grumblevolcano Even then you can't really consider him as a bad guy in Kirby's Adventure, because the purpose of his actions was to stop Nightmare. Also, @NightmaerEater, maybe i should have been a bit more specific. When I said that Dedede helped Kirby two games in a row, I didn't mean it was just two games. I meant that he helped Kirby in Return to Dreamland, then helped Kirby AGAIN in the very next game. Also, I didn't say that there wasn't anyone who could possibly have a more interesting moveset than K Rool. I just said that there is most certainly some moveset potential. Also, I can definitely see the Inklings in Smash Bros, and I don't really think age has anything to do it, because Roy was put into Melee before his game was even released. Also, quite a few of the characters in Smash 4 are fairly recent.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Hendesu

@IceClimbers: Yet Paper Mario and Simon Belmont is more likely than him.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic