Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 27,917

TeeJay

LztheQuack wrote:

I do that with Sonic. It's really fun

Sonic is my go-to punching bag too, lol

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@BigBabyPeach: Actually there's more info to support King K Rool being in Smash,

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/26/has-king-k-rool-won-smas...

First off, the name is stupid because the ballot ends in October. Second, the trademark means nothing Smash-related because Nintendo just released Donkey Kong Country on the Virtual Console . Because of this, they are capable of renewing King K. Rool (assuming they held it before) because they are actively selling products using him.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Boidoh

I cant be the onlyone to notice we're gonna be at page 1337 soon.

I for some reason or the other have begun to kinda want K. Rool in for some reason...

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

Boidoh

TeeJay wrote:

If King K Rool gets in, I think he'll be the first DLC character I won't buy.

So you got Ness with Customs and Marth with fire but you don't want a new character? Well...
I like Lucas and Roy as much as the next guy but seriously?

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

LzWinky

K. Rool is significant enough to warrant an appearance in Smash as a playable character.

Oh, and as for the ballot, I voted for Isaac from Golden Sun.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Also, back to K. Rool, someone pointed out that the trademark isn't registered. The R with a circle is an actual registered trademark. This means that the TM next to K. Rool means absolutely nothing at all.

ThomasBW84

@DarkmarkUnited: Hi, I think the Imgur images have already been discredited, while the TM thing on the VC page isn't really enough to go on, probably just inconsistencies in game page styles.

Sorry to be a party pooper!

ThomasBW84

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

Untitled

Fake, but I wish King K. Rool was playable still!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

IceClimbers

I'd be shocked if K Rool isn't the most voted for character on the Ballot, not counting characters like Goku or Shrek.

Before someone brings up Wolf, I wouldn't be so sure about him. The more dedicated Smash fanbase most likely didn't vote for him because they assumed he is a lock and voted for somebody else instead (or they never had any intention of voting for Wolf in the first place ). The amount of Wolf votes in the Ballot depend on the more casual voters who don't spend time on forums like Smashboards. That being said, Wolf is still heavily requested regardless of the Ballot, and he's probably coming back as pre-ballot DLC.

To be honest, the best case scenario would be two more pre-ballot characters - Wolf and King K Rool. That would be heavenly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

I still say that Sakurai isn't going to look completely at the most popular character here, so...yeah. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Is Ike a worth while competitive character? I main Yoshi and Ike and since the latest patch I have had an easier time winning as Ike. My brother says I should practice Yoshi more because he will be better in more competitive match ups but Ike has given me more victories more recently... Should I keep going as Ike or try to get better as Yoshi?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

If you're good with someone, then stick with him/her, lol
Doesn't hurt to test out Yoshi more, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers: I mostly agree. I just want to nitpick a few things... ok, well one thing in particular. I REALLY don't think there are that many people voting Goku or Shrek. I mean, I get that that's the joke going around. And that's just it: it's a joke. I mean, I'm Autistic and even I know it's a joke. I really doubt that most people will be voting for either one of them, as even the ones that would do it for the trolololz likely would've voted someone else first in case the website does actually limit you to one vote only.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@DefHalan: Yoshi will have a natural upper hand on most characters in the game, but Ike has the advantage of being very under represented online, meaning people are less familiar with him and what he can do. If you're getting good with the character, don't stop using him. That's how characters like Pac-man rise up the tier list: someone figures out how to do some real damage and because most people aren't familiar with the match-up, they get even more of a leg up.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Hendesu

Honestly, WHY do people want him in Smash, besides making a appearance in a decade and introducing him to a new generation?
There's no specific reason for him to be in Smash. Only I see that people want him in Smash because they're fans of the DKC series or want forgotten Nintendo characters to reappear once more. (Ninten, Mister Toad) And once K Rool is in Smash, are people even gonna select him? Usually when top requested fighters are in Smash, they don't get selected and barely used online. Don't believe me? Look at MegaMan and Pacman. They're the most requested character to be in Smash Bros since Brawl, and they're barely used. This kind of requested fighters needs to stop. Because you want this character in Smash, it gotta have a specific reason to be in Smash Bros. Just because the character is popular, doesn't mean it deserves to be in Smash. Sonic got in because he's rivals with Mario since the 90's. Ryu got in because he's a legendary fighter. Is K. Rool is a legendary character? Nope. I don't hear people and gaming companies (Game Informer) saying K.Rool is a unforgettable character. K.Rool will NEVER have the same reputation as Ryu. Everyone knows Ryu. Even the little kids know Ryu as the guy who does uppercuts and shoot blue fireballs. Almost nobody even heard of K.Rool. Little children will think K.Rool is Godzilla as kids think Rosalina is Elsa from Frozen. K.Rool doesn't deserves to be in Smash Bros yet. Let him appear in future Donkey Kong games so people can know him better and show off new moves in the game. Maybe make him playable in Smash Bros 5.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

DefHalan

@NightmareEater: Exactly

That is why we should be putting our focus on Krystal (Star Fox) instead.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

@NightmareEater He has moveset potential, Smash is lacking in villain reps, and by your logic for characters, roughly half of the characters shouldn't even be in.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

@NightmareEater: Well when you play Smash, you want to win. That's why Mega Man is rarely picked because his moveset is extremely difficult to do well with and if the Pac-Man glitch has been fixed you can say the same about him.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Hendesu

DefHalan wrote:

@NightmareEater: Exactly

That is why we should be putting our focus on Krystal (Star Fox) instead.

It is possible for her being in Smash, since it's possible for her having a unique moveset due to Star Fox on Gamecube.
@NintendoFan64: Do we really need more villains? We already have famous villains in Smash. We got King Dedede, Bowser and his son, Dark Pit, and Ganondoft. Only villain I can see in Smash is probably Eggman.
@Grumblevolcano: MegaMan isn't difficult to use, since I used him to beat Master Core on the highest difficulty. Plus, the glitch doesn't mean anything to Pacman. Still easy to use than ever.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TylerTheCreator

NightmareEater wrote:

Honestly, WHY do people want him in Smash, besides making a appearance in a decade and introducing him to a new generation?
There's no specific reason for him to be in Smash. Only I see that people want him in Smash because they're fans of the DKC series or want forgotten Nintendo characters to reappear once more. (Ninten, Mister Toad) And once K Rool is in Smash, are people even gonna select him? Usually when top requested fighters are in Smash, they don't get selected and barely used online. Don't believe me? Look at MegaMan and Pacman. They're the most requested character to be in Smash Bros since Brawl, and they're barely used. This kind of requested fighters needs to stop. Because you want this character in Smash, it gotta have a specific reason to be in Smash Bros. Just because the character is popular, doesn't mean it deserves to be in Smash. Sonic got in because he's rivals with Mario since the 90's. Ryu got in because he's a legendary fighter. Is K. Rool is a legendary character? Nope. I don't hear people and gaming companies (Game Informer) saying K.Rool is a unforgettable character. K.Rool will NEVER have the same reputation as Ryu. Everyone knows Ryu. Even the little kids know Ryu as the guy who does uppercuts and shoot blue fireballs. Almost nobody even heard of K.Rool. Little children will think K.Rool is Godzilla as kids think Rosalina is Elsa from Frozen. K.Rool doesn't deserves to be in Smash Bros yet. Let him appear in future Donkey Kong games so people can know him better and show off new moves in the game. Maybe make him playable in Smash Bros 5.

Of course Ryu will always have a bigger reputation, but that's because he's the main character of a highly-successful series. I think a really strong reason for King K. Rool to be included is because there isn't a Donkey Kong villain in Smash. Greninja isn't an unforgettable character either.

You seem to be really against having him in Smash. But, some people like him. If you don't like him, don't purchase him.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic