Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,241 to 24,260 of 27,917

Rexcalibr

TylerTheCreator wrote:

It would be cool if more people wanted Cloud from FFVII to be in Smash.

Cloud, Shulk, and the main character from Kingdom Heats (I do not know his name) all look like almost the same character with slightly different features. I have never been invested in these games that they're from and don't know much about them but that's just the perspective of someone who's casually familiar with those series.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

@Rexcalibr: Sora's design was very likely inspired by Cloud's, but it's different enough to be pretty obviously different, as he has more of the large-eyed little kids' anime style about him and Cloud has more of the adults' anime style to him. Any similarities to Shulk are 100% coincidental and likely derive from him being a tall, skinny swordsman with an overkill sword of some sort, and using the aforementioned anime style. It's typical to see anime characters as looking the same, if you're on the outside looking in. At many points, they really do just start changing the hair and eyes and stopping there.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Hendesu

@UGXwolf: Except that one is british while the other is brown haired.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TeeJay

I think Sora is popular enough, relevant enough and unique enough to be a character in Smash. If he doesn't get in as DLC this time around, I would be quite surprised if he doesn't show up as a newcomer in the next Smash.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Arn0ld

@TeeJay: I agree, as far as newcomers are I feel like he fits the criteria, in fact when Megaman had his reveal trailer I originally thought it was Sora in front of the moon

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

UGXwolf

I'll just say it again. If Square gets a rep, Sora seems the most likely.followed by Neku Sakuraba. That's assuming whoever is organizing the rest next time thinks Square deserves a rep. Sora won't be DLC most likely as there's too many other characters with more demand than him.

DefHalan

Krystal for Smash!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

I want Older Sora for Smash. Not Young Sora.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Rexcalibr

Gotta say... the MiiVerse stage is disappointing. I love the Tomodochi Life theme but it's so bland looking and the pictures that appear don't seem to be based on how many "Yeah!"'s or points that viewers rated them on. It seems completely random, meaning that lot of the images are just scribbles or nonsense... and the same sets of images come up over and over again.

The biggest hit is it does not even work online. I thought that was the entire point.

Rexcalibr

Hendesu

@Rexcalibr: The Miiverse posts are not based on popularity due to conflict opinions and people feelings. In simpler terms, EVERY Miiverse post deserves to be on there. Just showing popular posts makes people think that their post is not good enough to be on there or Nintendo dislikes their post. Or example, imagine you have a friend. He been drawing for days to show support for his main. He been working day and night, wasting his precious time, for his drawing to make a tiny appearance in one stage. When he finally post the picture, he checks the miiverse stage for his drawing. Sadly it nevers appears. Even after a week, it never shows up. Just popular drawings where Sakurai is with Master hand, or some female fighter in Samus zero suit. He's very upset. He wasted all that time for a drawing that never appear in SSB4 or even popular on Miiverse. You would be upset if that happen to him. Exactly the same thing with other people. Just because their post is not good, doesn't mean that they can't draw for SSB4. Just like with Youtube. You can't be popular due to your videos. While Egoraptor makes a crappy a** video which everyone loves for some reason. We don't need that in this world. Or any world.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

UGXwolf

@NightmareEater: Mostly agreed, but come on. Egoraptor puts a lot of time and effort into the scripts of his videos and even more into the animation. Just because others deserve recognition, too, doesn't mean Arin isn't making good videos. (Mind you, I'm talking on a relatively objective level--relative because you can't really separate opinions and still have a point to make--if you don't like his videos, then there's really no arguing with that.)

TylerTheCreator

The Nintendo Life Instagram page liked the photo of my Pac-Man amiibo last night. That was pretty cool.

Untitled

I thought the 1977 filter looked really cool for this photo.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

DefHalan

AlternateButtons wrote:

I have a real personal problem with Smash Bros. (Or any game really. But ESPECIALLY Smash Bros.) I play it so damn much I suffer from burn out. It usually goes like this: I get the game and I'm SOOOOO hyped for it. I play it and it's the greatest thing ever. It feels perfect and it makes me want to never stop playing. I swear that I'll never get bored with it. But then time passes, and it starts to wear me out. Soon I get sick of the menu, the music, the announcers voice, the aesthetic, and every single pixel on screen becomes unbearable to look at. Then it just goes downhill from there. It happened with Melee, Brawl and now this game. It's my own fault, I WISH I didn't get sick of it. But it just happens. I play the game so damn much, putting hundreds of hours into it, that it becomes a chore to play. The games are then shelved for months to years, never being touched until that nostalgia hits me. But the grandiose feeling of what I felt when I first opened that box and saw the CD will never come back. So when you first get a new game kids, enjoy it, cherish it. You'll never quite be in that moment again.

This is why I'm convinced that I am not a completionist and should never try to be.

That is how the Video Game Industry is able to sell new games. If people continued to be satisfied by 1 product, there would be no need to create another. I don't really see how this is a problem though. People get bored of things that they are over exposed to and once the over exposure stops, they can revisit it when they want. (nostalgia) If you want to hold off on the over exposure then you have to force yourself to play other games. Instead of only playing that 1 game for a week, play a different game each day, or play a game for only a hour or two then switch to something else. That might help you enjoy a game longer.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

Snake, Bayonetta, Isaac and Sora for Smash. I REALLY want Bayonetta and Sora for Smash.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

KO-Cub

In the future DLC, do you ever think they'll ever remove characters from the roster, like DHD, Dr. Mario or Lucina say? Just so they can make more room for better variety of characters that will make a better impact for smash. Example: replace Lucina with FE:Fates Kamui in the future.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

jump

KO-Cub wrote:

In the future, do you ever think they'll ever remove characters from the roster, like DHD, Dr. Mario or Lucina say? Just so they can make more room for better variety of characters that will make a better impact for smash. Example: replace Lucina with FE:Fates Kamui in the future.

They already have, Young Link-Toon Link.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KO-Cub

@arronishere: K, but. Check my Edit again.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

DreamyViridi

In this instance, it's possible but unlikely to me. I can understand what you mean with Dr. Mario and Lucina; though the latter could get Luigi-fied, but DHD is probably a mainstay as he's in the same category and G&W and R.O.B as retro fighters. Removing him (them) wouldn't make much sense due to having a completely unique moveset.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

jump

KO-Cub wrote:

@arronishere: K, but. Check my Edit again.

KO-Cub wrote:

In the future DLC, do you ever think they'll ever remove characters from the roster, like DHD, Dr. Mario or Lucina say? Just so they can make more room for better variety of characters that will make a better impact for smash. Example: replace Lucina with FE:Fates Kamui in the future.

For that scenario there's no chance, if DLC remove characters people will be yellow liquid!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

UGXwolf

@KO-Cub: Absolutely zero chance that'll happen. First off, the roster isn't in the slightest bit limited by file size. Even on 3DS, Smash is using roughly 3/4 of the existing space, if memory serves, and not even remotely that much on Wii U. Considering how many characters are already in the game, I'd be shocked if they were gonna come anywhere near running out of room. Besides that, if they DID have to remove a character to "make room" for another character, it won't be Lucina or Dark Pit. Being that the animation data already existed, I wouldn't be surprised to find that their files were smaller than the average character. The advantage of clone characters is to save on dev time and memory without hurting the roster size. They wouldn't remove those two because they wouldn't even likely free up enough space to add a new character.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic