Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,221 to 24,240 of 27,917

TylerTheCreator

@IceClimbers: Then I guess people better request him more if they want him in.

But I'm wondering how many votes Ryu got, or if that was an already pre-planned thing before the Fighter Ballot was announced.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Hendesu

@IceClimbers: Sora not requested enough? Oh please, Sora is highly requested in forums. I would like to also add that some of characters has a less chance than Sora.
Shantae and Shovel Knight: Why would Indie characters be in Smash Bros? It doesn't make sense.
Bomberman: Isn't he forgotten/dead due to his latest console game on 2006?
Issac: If Nintendo wanted Issac in Smash Bros, they should have put him playable in Brawl.
K.Krool: I understand that people wanted him in the game. He's a unique character from the SNES times. But, if he was in Smash Bros, what people do now? They got him in the game, but will people main him? Soon people will post hateful stuff about him and say: "Why is this green dinosaur in the game? We should have Paper Mario or a 3rd party character." I shouldn't have voted for him. I should voted for a better character."

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TylerTheCreator

NightmareEater wrote:

@IceClimbers: Sora not requested enough? Oh please, Sora is highly requested in forums. I would like to also add that some of characters has a less chance than Sora.
Shantae and Shovel Knight: Why would Indie characters be in Smash Bros? It doesn't make sense.
Bomberman: Isn't he forgotten/dead due to his latest console game on 2006?
Issac: If Nintendo wanted Issac in Smash Bros, they should have put him playable in Brawl.
K.Krool: I understand that people wanted him in the game. He's a unique character from the SNES times. But, if he was in Smash Bros, what people do now? They got him in the game, but will people main him? Soon people will post hateful stuff about him and say: "Why is this green dinosaur in the game? We should have Paper Mario or a 3rd party character." I shouldn't have voted for him. I should voted for a better character."

I think any character is possible if the fans want that character.

TylerTheCreator

Hendesu

@TylerTheCreator: Then it's possible for Goku to be in Smash Bros.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Hendesu

@TylerTheCreator: So I'm guessing that this can be in Smash Bros?
Untitled

[Started 10/31/15]

IceClimbers

@NightmareEater: How well K Rool plays once in the game (assuming he does of course make it in) is irrelevant. People want their favorite character(s) in Smash, simple as that. Sora could play really awfully in Smash if he made it in, but that wouldn't affect your enjoyment of him being in, now would it?

Likewise, being indie doesn't mean anything either. Shantae and Shovel Knight being indie doesn't negatively affect their chances - they have the same fair chance as everyone else. Comes down to popularity mostly.

Also, your argument for Isaac could apply to Little Mac as well, so yeah. No reason Isaac can't become playable now.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TylerTheCreator

IceClimbers wrote:

@NightmareEater: Sora could play really awfully in Smash if he made it in, but that wouldn't affect your enjoyment of him being in, now would it?

If one of the characters I wanted to be in Smash made it in, but sucked, I would be a little disappointed.

TylerTheCreator

Hendesu

@IceClimbers: Sora could possibly play great in Smash Bros. If they recreate his abilities in KH2 & KH1.
@TylerTheCreator: Resident Evil fans would love him to be in smash.

Edited on by Hendesu

[Started 10/31/15]

TylerTheCreator

@NightmareEater: I doubt that. I think RE fans would want someone like Leon in before an enemy from RE4.

TylerTheCreator

UGXwolf

@NightmareEater: I think you're completely missing the point on a lot of levels. At no point am I saying Sora can't or shouldn't be in Smash. If we're getting a Square rep, I stand by that he's the most likely one. However, there are plenty of other characters getting more requests, proving to have higher demand, and would easily be just as unique, if not more so. Going down your list of character bashings:

Indie characters would be in Smash for the same reason 3rd party characters would be.
Shovelknight is immensely popular and is highly based on retro NES titles.
Shantae isn't really indie, honestly. Wayforward is in that weird section where they've been a small time 3rd party since before indie was a thing. Beyond that, she made her debut on the GameBoy and was one of the few supporters of DSiware. She still winds up in the Nintendo eShop on every game, and WayForward is one of the few companies more than happy to jump on the Nintendo bandwagon at every turn.
Bomberman is no more forgotten or dead than Pit was when he was added to Brawl or Ice Climbers when they got into Melee.
Isaac is from a lesser franchise and may have even been considered for a spot in the game, but developers likely feared a lack of interest in the character and chose to make him an assist trophy, instead. This is exactly the sort of thing the fighter ballot is FOR. Proving that certain characters have enough demand to warrant being DLC.
And you didn't even try to actually argue that K. Rool shouldn't be in. All you said is that fans would be ungrateful, but let's be honest for a second: fans will ALWAYS be ungrateful. Doesn't matter if it's any of the five above, Inklings, Wolf, Sora, Goku, or even Shrek. Fans will ALWAYS be ungrateful for it. If that's enough reason to not make a character, Sakurai should just quit, now.

As for your arguments on KH, you forget that while half of KH is on Nintendo handhelds, NONE of KH is on Nintendo CONSOLES, and yet, you can play almost the entire series on the PS3 alone. Sora's not impossible, but he's not getting in for supporting Nintendo or being an interesting character, or even for fan demand. If Sora's getting in, it'll be because Sakurai wants him in.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TylerTheCreator

It would be cool if more people wanted Cloud from FFVII to be in Smash.

TylerTheCreator

Hendesu

@TylerTheCreator: His games are on playstation consoles.

[Started 10/31/15]

TylerTheCreator

@NightmareEater: I don't think that matters since Square-Enix is a third-party developer. Cloud was in Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and in the Theatrhytm Final Fantasy games, too. Though, I think just Square-Enix being a third-party developer is enough. But he won't be in the game because not enough people want him.

TylerTheCreator

Hendesu

@TylerTheCreator: Cloud in Mario Hoops? You are serious? I thought characters from FF1 are in Mario Hoops.

[Started 10/31/15]

Gridatttack

Cloud isn't on Mario Hoops.

Cactuar, Moogle, white & black mage and ninja are in.

And meh, I rather see someone else instead of Cloud.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

TylerTheCreator

Gridatttack wrote:

Cloud isn't on Mario Hoops.

Cactuar, Moogle, white & black mage and ninja are in.

And meh, I rather see someone else instead of Cloud.

I double checked, and you're right.

TylerTheCreator

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic