Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,201 to 24,220 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

@NightmareEater: I was referring to Super Mario RPG on Wii U VC, not Geno being in Smash. If Square cared they'd put the classics on VC while people wait for the new games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

NightmareEater wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@NightmareEater: Square has treated Nintendo fans like complete garbage, especially those not in Japan. People argue about whether Snake should return or not but at least there's a fair amount of Konami VC games. Square hasn't even allowed Super Mario RPG...

>Says Square treated Nintendo fans like garbage.......lol.
Sqaure Enix never treats fans like garbage. They couldn't release their games early due to making sure the game is perfect for the player. Also, Square Enix main target IS Japan. We're just a second for Square Enix to use.
Plus, Snake should definitely be in Smash Bros. Better than a dark emo dweeb clone of wing Angel. (Dark pit) Finally about Geno, Nintendo hasn't requested Geno yet. You can't expect something that someone ask for.

Wow, and here I thought MY logic was impossible to follow. You didn't counter amy of Grumbles points, just made a weak pass at them. Let me break your argument down, here.

-It's got nothing to do with how fast they get games out. It's about the infrequency of games coming to Nintendo systems.
-Square Enix's main target is Japan. That doesn't somehow make it ok that they blow off the rest of the world frequently (ESPECIALLY with Kingdom Hearts). On that note, Square does make games for the Western audience, such as Hitman and Tomb Raider. It's kind of a bad joke ti say Japan is their primary target.
-Your whining about Dark Pit is largely invalid due to the fact that removing him would make just enough room for Sakurai to put in another similar clone chatacter. People seem to forget that the costume clones were originally costumes and were just given tweaked movesets. Very little work involved compared to a unique character like Snake which would've likely pushed the game back into 2015. (Also why is Dark Pit always the one getting bashed? At least his moves look different and have slightly different effects with slightly different stats. Marth and Lucina are straight up the exact same character minus the tipper.)
-Geno has BEEN requested. Quite often. He's not getting in because he's not important enough, not popular enough, and not worth the hastle of getting him into the game.

On a side note, no. "MOST" Kingdom Hearts games were not on Nintendo systems, HALF of them were on Nintendo HANDHELDS. And they're all spin-off titles. And we're not getting KH3, the most immediately relevant one. That's a weak argument for Sora to be in the game.
Also, King K. Rool would be a stronger, slower DK? What are you smoking, right now? K Rool is absolutely nothing like DK. Seriously, have you ever played a DK game?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf Another thing to add of course being that KH3 is on Xbox One while no previous games in the series has appeared on Microsoft consoles.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

@UGXwolf Also, there's the fact that in order to get Sora, they'd probably have to deal with Disney, too, considering it's huge presence in the games.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

Geno isn't getting in because he wouldn't sell. DLC, above all else, needs to sell. He was heavily requested in the Brawl days, but no where near as much now.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

May_Nyan

In a for fun smash match I keep getting opponents who are teaming up and not attacking each other. I had a fight where three of them were doing it against me. It ended in sudden death with two of them and they walked off the ledge rather than hit each other even then.
I wish there was a report button.

edit: This problem is probably well known but I don't play online very often

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

yokokazuo

@May_Nyan ya, it's happened to me quite often... There are people who just don't fight, then team up with others who don't so when they are attacked they either run away or will team up with others on the attacker. I just report them for teaming up then leave.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

May_Nyan

yokokazuo wrote:

@May_Nyan ya, it's happened to me quite often... There are people who just don't fight, then team up with others who don't so when they are attacked they either run away or will team up with others on the attacker. I just report them for teaming up then leave.

I'm playing the 3ds version and I can't find a report button =s

May_Nyan

DreamyViridi

@May_Nyan: On the results screen, tap their icon on the bottom screen and report or block them there.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Mikes

Erm, are random temporary bans a thing? We were disconnected during the match, and now it says I can't play for a while. That's really strange.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

veeflames

^That's weird. I don't usually receive a ban if I get a communication error or something.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Rexcalibr

May_Nyan wrote:

In a for fun smash match I keep getting opponents who are teaming up and not attacking each other. I had a fight where three of them were doing it against me. It ended in sudden death with two of them and they walked off the ledge rather than hit each other even then.
I wish there was a report button.

edit: This problem is probably well known but I don't play online very often

I've had that happen too. It was bizarre. They just were sitting there waiting for me after I died to drop from my invincibility platform so they could jump me. I didn't even notice they were not fighting each other until half way through the game.

Jokes on them... I trolled back by running away with Lemmy before they could beat me up, taunting (the UP taunt where he laughs at them, basically I was laughing at how stupid they were) and then I proceeded to commit suicide repeatedly and they just stood there looking like fools. Then I rage quitted while two of them were in Sudden Death mode. It's the only time I quit intentionally in Smash Bros and I don't really ever do that but it was well worth it.

Untitled

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Hendesu

UGXwolf wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@NightmareEater: Square has treated Nintendo fans like complete garbage, especially those not in Japan. People argue about whether Snake should return or not but at least there's a fair amount of Konami VC games. Square hasn't even allowed Super Mario RPG...

>Says Square treated Nintendo fans like garbage.......lol.
Sqaure Enix never treats fans like garbage. They couldn't release their games early due to making sure the game is perfect for the player. Also, Square Enix main target IS Japan. We're just a second for Square Enix to use.
Plus, Snake should definitely be in Smash Bros. Better than a dark emo dweeb clone of wing Angel. (Dark pit) Finally about Geno, Nintendo hasn't requested Geno yet. You can't expect something that someone ask for.

Wow, and here I thought MY logic was impossible to follow. You didn't counter amy of Grumbles points, just made a weak pass at them. Let me break your argument down, here.

-It's got nothing to do with how fast they get games out. It's about the infrequency of games coming to Nintendo systems.
-Square Enix's main target is Japan. That doesn't somehow make it ok that they blow off the rest of the world frequently (ESPECIALLY with Kingdom Hearts). On that note, Square does make games for the Western audience, such as Hitman and Tomb Raider. It's kind of a bad joke ti say Japan is their primary target.
-Your whining about Dark Pit is largely invalid due to the fact that removing him would make just enough room for Sakurai to put in another similar clone chatacter. People seem to forget that the costume clones were originally costumes and were just given tweaked movesets. Very little work involved compared to a unique character like Snake which would've likely pushed the game back into 2015. (Also why is Dark Pit always the one getting bashed? At least his moves look different and have slightly different effects with slightly different stats. Marth and Lucina are straight up the exact same character minus the tipper.)
-Geno has BEEN requested. Quite often. He's not getting in because he's not important enough, not popular enough, and not worth the hastle of getting him into the game.

On a side note, no. "MOST" Kingdom Hearts games were not on Nintendo systems, HALF of them were on Nintendo HANDHELDS. And they're all spin-off titles. And we're not getting KH3, the most immediately relevant one. That's a weak argument for Sora to be in the game.
Also, King K. Rool would be a stronger, slower DK? What are you smoking, right now? K Rool is absolutely nothing like DK. Seriously, have you ever played a DK game?

Just to tell you, those Kingdom Hearts games ARE NOT spinoffs. They are part of the main story. A spinoff is something where it's not involved in the story. Let me explain about it more.

Chains of Memories GBA: The game happens after KH1 and leads into Days. Without Chains of Memories, Days would be confusing with lots of plot holes. So it's part of the main story.
385/2 Days: The game happens after chain of Memories and leads into KH2. Without Days, What happened to Roxas and Xion? What is Roxas origin? Why is Axel and Roxas friends?
Recoded: The game takes place after KH2 and leads into KH DDD. Without it, why did Pete and Maficenlt invaded Mickey castle?

Dream Drop Distance: The game happens after Recoded and leads into KH3.
Without it, then why is Sora powerful in KH3?
Also, MOST KINGDOM HEARTS GAMES ARE ON HANDHELDS.

Kingdom Hearts 1: PS2

Kingdom Hearts 2: PS2

Chains of Memories: GBA and PS2

Days: DS

Recoded: DS

Dream Drop Distance: 3DS

KiKingdom Hearts only have 3 games on Sony systems while 4 games are on Nintendo systems. So technically, it's more than half. Half is the same number.
Plus, people hate Dark Pit because it's lazy that a dark clone of Pit is in Smash Bros. Wouldn't you want a original character in Smash Bros? I rather have Hades as a playable character than Dark Pit.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Hendesu

@Grumblevolcano: They are releasing classic games. Final Fantasy 1 is coming to eshop. (Along with Final Fantasy Explorers. )

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TylerTheCreator

NightmareEater wrote:

Just to tell you, those Kingdom Hearts games ARE NOT spinoffs. They are part of the main story. A spinoff is something where it's not involved in the story.

I guess you're right. But, since they don't have a number, they're not main-series games.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Storytime7

@NightmareEater: There were four Kingdom Hearts games on Sony systems. You forgot Birth by Sleep.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

TylerTheCreator

Really, I do think it's possible for a Kingdom Hearts character to come to Smash. Snake came to Smash and that was a surprise for many people. Even Ryu is in the new Smash. Why not Sora or someone else?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

IceClimbers

@NightmareEater: Not having Dark Pit in the game wouldn't have meant that an original character would be in instead. There'd just be one less character on the roster. Lucina is a worse offender than Dark Pit anyway.

IceClimbers

@TylerTheCreator: Sora isn't requested enough in comparison to other 3rd party characters like Rayman, Banjo (who isn't happening), Snake, Bomberman, or even Shantae and Shovel Knight, let alone 1st party Nintendo characters like King K Rool and Isaac.

Edit: What's an opinion? Both parts of my previous comment are fact. Lucina is more of a clone than Dark Pit. The only difference between Lucina and Marth as far as I'm aware is the lack of the tipper for Lucina. There might be some slight damage differences now thanks to the balancing patches. Dark Pit has different attributes from Pit.

Edited on by IceClimbers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic