Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,161 to 24,180 of 27,917

Pootypie

@Operative: I have recently went from gamepad to gamecube controller. So glad I finally got the adapter! The gamecube controller feels really good and I agree that the wii u pro controller has amazing battery somehow.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Arn0ld

UGXwolf wrote:

@Xjarnold: As a quick rebuttal to your points about Shovel Knight and Shantae, Shovel Knight derives primarily from NES games. He'd fit right in if he could manage to slip into the game somehow. Shantae represented Nintendo systems, first and still often gives Nintendo preference over all other platforms. She'd be justified. Honestly, those are two of the three most likely Indie characters, with Quote likely being the third (from Cave Story, given its high preference to Nintendo and 3DS exclisive version.)

On top of that, unless Yacht Club and WayForward spontaneously decide those characters don't deserve another game, they'll keep being probably about as popular as they are now. Possibly more so in the case of Shovel Knight.

If any indie characters get in it will probably be some of the three you stated. But like you said but Shovel Knight DERIVES from NES titles it doesn't originate from it-if that's the case any retro themed game will fit in (if produced to the quality that shovel knight achieved) as for Shantae I don't know much about the franchise so I cant say if it's a Nintendo IP or not, or argue aganist it representing Nintendo. .. but a few games on Nintendo consoles shouldn't automatically justify a character being in smash. But again if any indie characters get it, it's mostt likely these characters.

Edited on by Arn0ld

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

MsJubilee

@NintendoFan64: Good think you don't run into me online. Cause i would'ave wrote U suck! Noob!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

TwilightAngel wrote:

@NintendoFan64: Good think you don't run into me online. Cause i would'ave wrote U suck! Noob!

And in response, I would've left immediately.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

I... I'm just going to... leave this here.

Prepare to be dumbfounded by stupidity.

Untitled

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

KO-Cub

@NintendoFan64: ForGlory in a nutshell, aye?
@CapeSmash: In a way he's not wrong. K. Rool is massive, but he's still eligible for Smash. I mean, if he was even shrunk a little, I see no problem compared to the Ridley argument. Even Olimar was bigger and Bowser was shrunk a little.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

TeeJay

CapeSmash wrote:

Untitled

Looks at Olimar

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Gridatttack

Im hoping in the new announcement, K rool isn't announced. I don't see why people want him.
Anyone would kindly explain about why he should be in? (other than the hurr durr DK needs moar characters)

In any case, Metroid should have a new representative (sylux or rhundas or someone else)

TeeJay wrote:

Looks at Olimar

It doesn't apply to Olimar because he has a humanoid form. Resizing him wont affect much because he is still in the same range as a normal fighter.

Whereas something like ridley would be too width.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Grumblevolcano

I think Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus should have the next newcomer. Someone like Hector/Ephraim or upgrade Magnus/Phosphora/Lyn to playable fighter status.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Smash_kirby

We need Issac from Golden sun to is the next newcomer, Golden sun has very little Smash presence otherwise.
They should also give 3DS players the ability to add in songs from their personal collection on the SD card.

Smash_kirby

NintendoFan64

CapeSmash wrote:

Untitled

Untitled
@Gridattack There's his popularity, Smash is lacking in villain characters, and he has move-set potential due to his various appearances over the years (he's been a crocodile king, a pirate, a scientist, a wrestler, and a baseball player).

Edited on by NintendoFan64

NintendoFan64

Anyways...if you're not even going to bother trying, why even make a fake leak in the first place?
Untitled

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus should have the next newcomer. Someone like Hector/Ephraim or upgrade Magnus/Phosphora/Lyn to playable fighter status.

FIRE EMBLEM VS. CAPCOM!!!
Seriously doh, Roy became playable and people who know it, Lucina became pointless. No more FE. Unless they decide Kamui from Fates. Geez. I'm calling it. But I digress
I feel Metroid needs a newcomer. Nah nah nah. Not Bigley, but Sylux, or Dark Samus. But Dark Samus is a clone? Haha. You're funny.

Smash_kirby wrote:

We need Issac from Golden sun to is the next newcomer, Golden sun has very little Smash presence otherwise.

This, or Felix or Jenna. Even doh Golden Sun isn't alive right at the moment, I think they should make a GS as a fighter.
Isaac playable, release Golden Sun, The lost Age and err... DS on Virtual Console. Bam. Lotta money.
And why not listen to MC Hammer while flailing a golden hammer.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

NintendoFan64

KO-Cub wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

FIRE EMBLEM VS. CAPCOM!!!
Seriously doh, Roy became playable and people who know it, Lucina became pointless. No more FE. Unless they decide Kamui from Fates. Geez. I'm calling it. But I digress
I feel Metroid needs a newcomer. Nah nah nah. Not Bigley, but Sylux, or Dark Samus. But Dark Samus is a clone? Haha. You're funny.

I think a better reason for not being a newcomer is that Dark Samus is an assist trophy.

TeeJay

Gridatttack wrote:

Im hoping in the new announcement, K rool isn't announced. I don't see why people want him.
Anyone would kindly explain about why he should be in? (other than the hurr durr DK needs moar characters)

In any case, Metroid should have a new representative (sylux or rhundas or someone else)

TeeJay wrote:

Looks at Olimar

It doesn't apply to Olimar because he has a humanoid form. Resizing him wont affect much because he is still in the same range as a normal fighter.
Whereas something like ridley would be too width.

I agree. But that quote was talking about K Rool, not Ridley.

And for the record, I reaaaaally don't want K Rool in Smash, so I'm not defending him. I'm just saying objectively speaking he would work sizewise.

So yeah, not sure where you got the Ridley thing...

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

@NintendoFan64: he should know how to spell "button" correctly if he wants to trick us

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

TheGreatLord wrote:

@NintendoFan64: he should know how to spell "button" correctly if he wants to trick us

Omg LOL.

NintendoFan64

TheGreatLord wrote:

Wait, so that's NOT how you spell it?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic