Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,961 to 23,980 of 27,917

martinskrtel37

Guitardude7 wrote:

Hey would someone mind explaining the Conquest mode to me? I don't really understand it. How do I "lend my support" or whatever?

it's just something random that will come up when you're playing someone online. basically they seem to run conquests randomly, game vs game. like kid icarus vs kirby - i was palutena representing the kid icarus side and beat a dedede representing kirby so i put points towards it. what does it actually mean? nothing. it just says "this match is part of a conquest" when it starts.

i was actually saying the other day to someone that they should have let it be known that conquest mode was a thing, dress it up a bit, make something fun out of it. let people know that when they're choosing a fighter, they're choosing a faction to be a part of, they could be called up for a "conquest battle" at any time! maybe a little extra incentive for some people to train harder then go all out when a conquest battle comes up.

so does anyone here try to play competitively, play on anther's ladder or anything? into the competitive scene in general?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Uncle_Franklin

Do you think they consider the All-Star mode at all when deciding DLC characters?

Uncle_Franklin

Azooooz

Too bad this quote "You must defeat my shoryuken to stand a chance." didn't make it as Ryu's victory.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

KO-Cub

Azooooz wrote:

Too bad this quote "You must defeat my shoryuken to stand a chance." didn't make it as Ryu's victory.

Maybe cause Counter.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pkmns

I played For Glory a couple days ago and Dreamland 64 came up even though I haven't bought it, is that normal?

Pkmns

Smash_kirby

Pkmns wrote:

I played For Glory a couple days ago and Dreamland 64 came up even though I haven't bought it, is that normal?

The update data contains all the data for the character to make it easier to deal with online play. You can play others who might own Dreamland 64 but you don't have access to it.

Smash_kirby

DreamyViridi

I just noticed something a bit random. This update gave Lucina new (or at least different) counter quotes. Before, she'd do generic shouts when countering but now, she actually says things; "You're mine!" and "My turn!". That's a bit of a random change, maybe the quotes were in her sound test but weren't implemented until now.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Battista

martinskrtel37 wrote:

so does anyone here try to play competitively, play on anther's ladder or anything? into the competitive scene in general?

I like to play competitively when I can, which isn't much, but I attend a few local tournaments and try to contribute to smashboards some. Sometimes I can't be so focused on that for too long though and then I'll break out the free for all, goofy equipment and miis, and non competitive stages.

Speaking of miis, what are your favorite miis that you've made. My current fave is probably Eileen from regular show, using the Isabelle suit as her coffee shop uniform. I've also found that the obligatory Goku mii actually works better as a gunner than a brawler to capture the essence of his energy blast attacks

If you wanna share miis, hit me up via my NNID

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV)

veeflames

Let today, June 20, be the day I finally cleared 9.0 without losing a life, while wholeheartedly using Kirby and utilizing the tool that is the GamePad.
In order words, I FINALLY CLEARED 9.0 WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE! WITH MY AWESOME MAIN KIRBY!
Excuse me while I scream some more.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KO-Cub

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Let today, June 20, be the day I finally cleared 9.0 without losing a life, while wholeheartedly using Kirby and utilizing the tool that is the GamePad.
In order words, I FINALLY CLEARED 9.0 WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE! WITH MY AWESOME MAIN KIRBY!

Awesome! Mine was Ike, but I bet it was easier cause Iks's just beast. He's also the highest on my GSP.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Mikes

martinskrtel37 wrote:

I am, although not as much as I used to be, unfortunately. I haven't been keeping up with the tournament scene lately, either. All I've really been doing is using Smashboards here and there. I still try to get my doses of action in For Glory though, so I'm not all that disappointed.

Guitardude7 wrote:

Good job! I can never seem to beat 9.0 with the lighter characters (or even the heaviest, for that matter), let alone without losing a life. I usually don't have many problems with mid-weights, for some reason.

Edited on by Mikes

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Pootypie

TheGreatLord wrote:

I guess to have something to talk about... How's everyone doing with the challenges? I currently have 114/140 completed. I completed the Dr. Mario 8 fever rush challenge today.

Now at 129/140, wow I did make some progress! I wonder how I will collect all trophies/CDs/customs/headgears...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

IceClimbers

So do when do you think we'll get Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle? In August alongside the tourney mode, or later on?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Pootypie

IceClimbers wrote:

So do when do you think we'll get Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle? In August alongside the tourney mode, or later on?

Would be safe to assume that it will come with tournament mode.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

IceClimbers

So I guess we agree that the next batch of DLC will come in August, which will include:

-Tourney mode
-Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle stages
-Next wave of Mii Fighter costumes, including KK Slider.

Don't think we'll get any fighters then, but they could surprise us I guess. Watch us get Pichu

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

So I guess we agree that the next batch of DLC will come in August, which will include:

-Tourney mode

Don't think we'll get any fighters then, but they could surprise us I guess. Watch us get Pichu

...On a scale of 1-10, how bad is it that I'd be legitimately be hyped to see Pichu return?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

NintendoFan64 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

-Tourney mode

...On a scale of 1-10, how bad is it that I'd be legitimately be hyped to see Pichu return?

On a scale of 1-10, how hilarious would it be if Pichu turned out to be top tier (as in, 1st place) if he did return?

Pootypie

Why not try to make Ice Climbers return?

Pootypie

octoman2611

My god, the jump from playing For Fun to playing For Glory is HUGE. I've played all the Smash games, but only as casual party games, never got involved in online or the competitive scene. After getting my ass handed to me on For Glory mode multiple times I'm attempting to hone my skills, Smash is a lot deeper than I ever thought it was.

octoman2611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic