Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,901 to 23,920 of 27,917

Azooooz

Roy (Fire Emblem) is way overpowered in this game. His side smash attack can literally KO a character with a single blow. Ryu feels like a balanced character, powerful but complex to master. Lucas is, well, Lucas.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

GrailUK

Fixed for the benefit of Reggie Fils-Aime

Your a black lagoon smurf tiger
On the back of an over weight lion
That is riding a falcon
That is on fire...

Edited on by Eel

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

Roy (Fire Emblem) is way overpowered in this game. His side smash attack can literally KO a character with a single blow. Ryu feels like a balanced character, powerful but complex to master. Lucas is, well, Lucas.

Roy... Overpowered? Seriously

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Azooooz

TheGreatLord wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Just give it a try.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

veeflames

TheGreatLord wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

No, I think so, too. I mean, he's kinda Marth Buff. He's slower than Marth/Lucina, though.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MsJubilee

Azooooz wrote:

Roy is OP? Seriously? Even Sakurai said he stronger than he was in Melee god. He just came in and our boy is getting hated! Why?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Faruko

Ryu is going straight to the top IMO, his only visible weakness so far is that he lacks a real throw.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

UGXwolf

Roy is strong, but he doesn't seem OP. Licas spammers are appearing. It's kinda sad that people are trying to repurpose Ness strats and it's not only not working, but it's making Lucas look bad. Ryu's just fun. His SF inputs feel amazing when you pull them off.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MsJubilee

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

Looks like Ryu can counter counters...

In the other hand, I need to battle someone in Smash 4 3DS.

Man Ryu is totally a high tier cause with his move set and recovery. He can beat the best out there.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Mikes

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

Looks like Ryu can counter counters...

In the other hand, I need to battle someone in Smash 4 3DS.

That looks like it'd be neat to pull off. On the other hand, that would get annoying. I can't wait to try him online (or at all, really).

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Just give it a try.

I'm actually playing him like half of the time, lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaMari0

I may give ryu a try when I get the money to buy him. I was never a SF guy. I was actually a MvC2 guy. He seems like the kind that people want if they wanted a complex smash game. Anybody what his custom moves look like?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Faruko

puncher wrote:

That's the weakest argument I've ever heard. Is that all the ammo you got? Huuuuur duuuuuuur Ryu has a history with Nintendo dat means something doe. Foh.

Huuur duuur Ryu is a video game character, Goku isn't.

You guys are the same clowns that will be riding Sakurai's d..... and praising him if he said Goku is gonna be in the mix.

LMAO YOU ARE SO DUMB

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

e-love

TeeJay wrote:

The Miiverse stage amuses me to no end. What ana amazing stage idea.

Right? I find myself pausing a ton just to take screenshots of all the weird posts that show up.

Miiverse is truly a gem ( ͡° ͜

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Captain_Toad

Can I chime in for a sec and just fangasm on Roy's new idle stance. (squee!)

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CapeSmash

I'm surprised at how powerful Roy is. His forward smash is absolutely ridiculous. He also has down throw combos, unlike Marth. The only real draw back for Roy is that his range is a bit short, but it doesn't really hurt him in the long run.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

CapeSmash wrote:

I'm surprised at how powerful Roy is. His forward smash is absolutely ridiculous. He also has down throw combos, unlike Marth. The only real draw back for Roy is that his range is a bit short, but it doesn't really hurt him in the long run.

I feel like that really does hirt him and we just haven't seen people taken advantage of it, yet. Smash is big on spacing. Roy does his best at zero range, which is really closer than you typically wanna be. And he's fast, but he isn't the fastest.

I think he's gonna lose relevance as people learn his spacing. I do feel, however, that he completely ruins Ike's placement in the tier list.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

JunkosBoobies

@PKNoUsernameHere's June 2015 Smash 4 tier list (Don't take this seriously)
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS+ Tier:

• Roy
    S Tier:
  • Lucas
  • Ryu
    Trash Tier:
  • Everyone else

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

After studying Ryu, I realise he's not as complicated as I thought. It'll take some practice but his potential is huge. I guess I shouldn't focus so much on the fact that the extra inputs are from Street Fighter. This is Smash, and I will treat him as such.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic