Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 27,917

Sleepingmudkip

Its called SSBWIIU and SSB3DS like you said

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

Eh, everyone just calls it Smash 4.

So I've noticed that characters are being revealed more and more frequently. Peach, and then soon enough Toon Link, and here we are a week after that with Sonic! This can mean that...

1. The game is coming out sooner than we think.

or

2. There will be a lot more characters than we expected!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Orngeblu

Norik wrote:

Sonic is cool and all, but Nintendo needs to:

1. Give us Captain Falcon, Falco, and Marth already. These three characters alone account for nearly 40% of the total Melee competitive scene...
2. Make the game more like melee. Seriously, just watch:

But, that's not Melee, and none of that is possible in Melee because Melee doesn't have a "turbo mode" like in Project: M, and just so you know the video is definitely using TAS, (Which stands for Tool Assisted Speedrun) but it still does look impressive and fun to watch! :3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool-assisted_speedrun

But, showing that as a reason to make Smash 4 more like Melee isn't a very good, not that I wouldn't like a more melee-like game. I'd love it.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

SCRAPPER392

I'd say Nintendo's description of "Melee combined with Brawl" is pretty accurate. The graphics reflect more of Brawl, but the gameplay looks like it will be more competitive/hardcore like Melee, besides the final smash moves.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Orngeblu

SCAR392 wrote:

I'd say Nintendo's description of "Melee combined with Brawl" is pretty accurate. The graphics reflect more of Brawl, but the gameplay looks like it will be more competitive/hardcore like Melee, besides the final smash moves.

It looks exactly like Brawl to me. :I

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

shingi_70

So I played some Brawl today and I have to agree with @Mickey about the game looking different (a bit better even) compared to WIi U. Upon further inspection its less of Brawl but more of Nintendo;s desgin Philosphy. The Late Gamecube to Mid Wii U games have a very different style than the Wii insert name here/New Super Mario Bros games had.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

While not all games of that era looked like that alot of the mainline versions of Nintendo Franchises had a certain style to them that went away with Late Wii early 3DS era.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Happy_Mask

Sony_70 wrote:

So I played some Brawl today and I have to agree with @Mickey about the game looking different (a bit better even) compared to WIi U. Upon further inspection its less of Brawl but more of Nintendo;s desgin Philosphy. The Late Gamecube to Mid Wii U games have a very different style than the Wii insert name here/New Super Mario Bros games had.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

While not all games of that era looked like that alot of the mainline versions of Nintendo Franchises had a certain style to them that went away with Late Wii early 3DS era.

Those were their attempts to utilize both systems' capabilities to their maximums. The WiiU and 3DS are giving them a lot more wiggle room since they are on par (at least) with modern systems, so they don't really need to worry as much about graphics at the moment. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SCRAPPER392

Orngeblu wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It looks exactly like Brawl to me. :I

I'm talking game mechanic wise. The gravity doesn't seem as floaty, and we can probably expect better physics and the like, as usual.

The graphics look the same as Bral, somewhat. I noticed Brawl has more textures to attempt to make it look more realistic. I'm sure having less textures is more of an effort to keep the game looking like a kid game. I think the textures are better in Brawl, but the polygon count and detail is still better in this entry without as many textures(on the characters).

EDIT: They design the game by style, not hardware capabilities. They only use the hardware capabilities to create the style. Mario's mustache, Wii Fit Trainer, Pikachu will never look real. That's what I think alot of you guys are always wanting to happen.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SirMime

I want/need Wolf to come back or at least give Falco as stationary deflector sheild. An outside hope for a new character of Wolf Link with Midna would be a dream come true. At any rate I'm mega hyped for the new smash bros games. Everyone introduced so far looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to try each and every one of them.

SirMime

Twitter:

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Nothing important today; just Toon Link being upset that Sonic seems to have stolen his character reveal thunder.
Untitled
"Excuse me, but I didn't just hear you say "Sonic joins the battle," did I?

Hmm, if the current names aren't final (which I REALLY hope they aren't!), I'm betting Super Smash Bros. Battle will be the official name. It does seem to be the term Sakurai uses when introducing newly revealed characters.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MonocledMetroid

WingedFish wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Nothing important today; just Toon Link being upset that Sonic seems to have stolen his character reveal thunder.
Untitled
"Excuse me, but I didn't just hear you say "Sonic joins the battle," did I?

Hmm, if the current names aren't final (which I REALLY hope they aren't!), I'm betting Super Smash Bros. Battle will be the official name. It does seem to be the term Sakurai uses when introducing newly revealed characters.

Well, I wouldn't be looking for hints about any possible name changes in the translations of what Sakurai says, because for one thing the games do't go by the naming scheme of "Super Smash Bros: Fight Synonym" in Japan, in fact the Japanese titles don't event have the word "super" in them, the Japanese naming scheme is more like "Smash Bros: Letter", Melee is "Dairantou Smash Bros. DX" and Brawl is "Dairantou Smash Brothers X". Secondly, I'm not sure if Sakurai is even the one who has final say on the names.

I think they should call the localized ones "Super Smash Bros: Duel" and the Japanese one "Dairantou Smash Bros: W", the "W" in that title being read as "double" as it's occasionally used in Japanese works like how some Final Fantasy games have the"W-item" and "W-Magic" abilities for example.

Edited on by MonocledMetroid

MonocledMetroid

SCRAPPER392

Names don't really matter to me. However, my brother and I totally guessed Brawl would be the sub name for the Wii game before it came out.

I'm not really sure what it could be this time. My guess is Battle, 3D and U, Universe, etc. of the like.

Qwest

Snagrio

I'm still holding out on Collide/Collision.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SheldonRandoms

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS
Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS

The title for this game is already amazing.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

DreamyViridi

Untitled
"Pic of the day. The trio as joint co-stars. Who is the strongest of them all?!"

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

I love the less realistic graphics!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

PanicPuppet

I'm still waiting on Captain Falcon's "reveal." As I've posted a couple times already. Its seems a bit ridiculous at this point, to hold off on showing the Falcon Punch master. That is unless he'll have someone else joining him...

This is how I predict the majority of Miiverse will react:

Untitled

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

cookiex

^
Untitled
Untitled
For comparison.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador