Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,741 to 23,760 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Megumi wrote:

If they don't announce Marshall at E3, I'm gonna...throw....a....stick.
(also, announce Rhythm Heaven Remix or whatever it'll be called over here, lol)

Any word on what type of stick? Can it be a fish stick?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

If they don't announce Marshall at E3, I'm gonna...throw....a....stick.
(also, announce Rhythm Heaven Remix or whatever it'll be called over here, lol)

Any word on what type of stick? Can it be a fish stick?

A fight stick, naturally.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Sir_Diabeetus

... Am I the only one thinks that Sakurai is going to show a trailer for Ryu and Roy? Sure, the moveset has been leaked and all, but he can at least show the trailer.

Sergio151 wrote:

I'm going to vent on something right here. I've read comments about Ryu and Roy, and it frustrates me when people jump to conclusions. Some of these comments I've seen on this site and Youtube. These are some of the comments I've been seeing and my analysis because of how stupid these arguments are (Keep in mind I'm not trying to offend anyone):

"Ryu shouldn't be in Smash because a Street Fighter game hasn't been released on Wii U."

Take this into consideration. MGS didn't have a game on the Wii, yet Snake appeared in Brawl. The reason WHY he was put in was because of Hideo Kojima and his countless requests for Snake to be playable. What I'm saying is that just because a character is from a series that hasn't appeared on the latest home Nintendo console, doesn't mean a character from THAT series shouldn't be represented in SSB.

"Ryu is a clone of Little Mac."
Let's move on before I shoot someone.

"Ryu is out of place for Smash."
Uhh, how exactly? For one, he's already in a fighting game franchise, so Ryu being out of place just because he's already in a fighting game is a horrible argument (and believe me, I've seen people say that just because Ryu's in a fighting game makes him awkward for SSB). Plus, who cares if a human is fighting against Pokemon, Italian plumbers, animals who fly ships in space, and a blue hedgehog that runs at high speeds? That's why Smash is great, because it has a diverse amount of characters. It can be animals, swordsmen, or any other types of characters. And if you don't agree with me, consider Snake before you say a human can't be in SSB.

"Ryu isn't a memorable character."
Saved the best for last.How is he not a memorable character? Even though he isn't memorable compared to say, Mario or Link, he still is a big character in the gaming industry and ESPECIALLY in the fighting game industry. Heck, he's from a series that was the sole reason why SSB was created. Plus, that same series is why fighting games became a huge genre in the first place.

As for Roy, I know some people are a bit upset that Sakurai is letting him in and not Chrom. But here's my take on this, and the same thing can be applied to Ryu. If you don't like the character, DON'T.BUY.HIM.

That's the internet for ya. You're going to be surrounded by idiots at time to time. Nobody is basically safe from Stu- Gets slapped Anyways, people will always complain no matter what.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

luisesteban

About Ryu, is something I don't understand.

Untitled

luisesteban

TeeJay

luisesteban wrote:

About Ryu, is something I don't understand.

Untitled

That's because the only way to get Ryu, Roy and Lucas right now is by hacking. And all empty character slots are Mario by default before they are changed to any given character

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

luisesteban

So, what we saw, is not a leak, is a hacking? And, could be just very elaborated hoax?

luisesteban

Joeynator3000

we'll be finding out tomorrow regardless, so whatever. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

luisesteban

What was that?....Could be Sakurai laughing?

luisesteban

IceClimbers

luisesteban wrote:

So, what we saw, is not a leak, is a hacking? And, could be just very elaborated hoax?

No. The data is there. There's a placeholder that's defaulted to Mario that changes when you buy the character and therefore unlock it. However, since you cannot buy those characters yet, you can only access them by hacking.

I think we're way past trying to pass it off as a hoax. That's not even a possibility anymore.

wingedarcher7

This would be a very serious and intense hoax if it were hacking. Far enough to make audio files, videos, movesets, and plenty of other convincing pieces of information. It's no doubt that these were going to be big reveals tomorrow, a surprise to the community on something they've been working on for us, but we had to go and spoil it for ourselves, kind of a shame.

Want to check out what I'm currently playing? http://www.backloggery.com/wingedarcher7

3DS Friend Code: 3411-2028-1159 | Nintendo Network ID: speedstar623

AceDefective

wingedarcher7 wrote:

This would be a very serious and intense hoax if it were hacking. Far enough to make audio files, videos, movesets, and plenty of other convincing pieces of information. It's no doubt that these were going to be big reveals tomorrow, a surprise to the community on something they've been working on for us, but we had to go and spoil it for ourselves, kind of a shame.

Honestly though, Nintendo has only themselves to blame for this. Really should of held off the patch until tomorrow/today, but then again Nintendo probably wasn't expecting someone to actually go digging through the patch files.
Either way, secret's out now.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers While I agree that we're way past the point of trying to pass this off as a hoax, don't say that there's no chance, because Project M and Smashify disagree whole-heartedly.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

We have decided to add the Barracks from Fire Emblem: Awakening as a fighter in Smash. Please understand. Anna and Donnel are also going to be fighters.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

UGXwolf wrote:

@IceClimbers While I agree that we're way past the point of trying to pass this off as a hoax, don't say that there's no chance, because Project M and Smashify disagree whole-heartedly.

That's true, though to go all through all that effort for an elaborate hoax would be quite the feat and that person would have way too much time on their hands.

CapeSmash

Untitled

2 Mario spots left... I'm assuming they're for the ballot characters.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic