Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,541 to 23,560 of 27,917

TriforceCake

Gridatttack wrote:

TriforceCake wrote:

Thanks for the fast answer man, would be interesting to hear what other think too. But I'm still curious about the Fight Pad vs GC Controller? Have u ever tried it?

Hmmm, fight pad? The wii U gamepad?

I'm not surprised that many people still don't know of it yet, no it's a "better version" of the GC controller that is compatible with the Wii U through the Wii Remote and works exactly as a Wii Classic Controller which means it supports the same games Wii Classic does. Here's a link: http://www.thegamingpixelshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/...

TriforceCake

Gridatttack

Oh, those controllers.

I had the disgrace to test one on my friend house, to play mario kart 8, and they feel plastic cheap. They worked, but I never found it comfortable to use on the long term.

The original 1st party gamecube controller is deifnitely better in all ways. (except that the fight pad works on other games)

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

KO-Cub

@TriforceCake - 2 be honest, I don't feel any difference between using a pro controller or the GC one. It's up to personal preference, but buying the CG controller just for smash seems kinda pointless.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

Wow... Mega Man is amazing. The only guy who really causes him problems is Mario.

Got any advice for getting good with Jigglypuff???

I actually really disagree. A lot of characters have good tools for getting in close, where Mega is most vulnerable. (Not helpless, mind you, and Mega is still an amazing spacing character.) Any character can sound downright amazing, explained properly.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

Blast wrote:

Put you opponents to "Rest". My play is basically consists of damaging the opponent till they hit 60% (a generic % for a mass of the characters), then leading my opponent into a successful Down-B for KO.
1. Jigglypuff has great and fast air game. Basically bunny hop and attack.
2. Grounded attacks hit harder, slower, and have high KO potential. Use them sparingly.
3. Side-B is has good hang time and hit box stays out longer than you think. Also punishes shields. Can be commonly used.
4. Make you own play style. Preferably including the rest. But only rest when you know it'll hit so it'll perfectly punish your opponent. Like blocking a dash attack and using rest.
5. Learn your opponents play style and their characters easiest ways to punish.

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Wow... Mega Man is amazing. The only guy who really causes him problems is Mario.

I actually really disagree. A lot of characters have good tools for getting in close, where Mega is most vulnerable. (Not helpless, mind you, and Mega is still an amazing spacing character.) Any character can sound downright amazing, explained properly.

Do we have a like button?

veeflames

Well, the news that Lucas and co. are coming on the 14th automatically debunks everything that leaked script said. Yikes...
Also, I'm scared my brother would constantly use Lucas to destroy me lol

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Video with ten new screenshots of Lucas with one showing his 8 alts.

Wait a minute...one of those alts is based off of Duster! For those wondering which one, it's the alt that has the following: Brown hair, blue shirt with white stripes, and red pants. I'm probably going to use that one the most.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Well, the news that Lucas and co. are coming on the 14th automatically debunks everything that leaked script said. Yikes...

I don't the date would automatically debunk that leak, dates change, especially around things like E3. We'll know soon enough anyway.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Nintenbomba128

Tsuchinoko wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I don't the date would automatically debunk that leak, dates change, especially around things like E3. We'll know soon enough anyway.

Speaking of soon enough

10 DAYS TIL E3!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Nintenbomba128

Nintenbomba128

Tsuchinoko

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Well, the news that Lucas and co. are coming on the 14th automatically debunks every that leaked script said. Yikes...

Speaking of soon enough

10 DAYS TIL E3!!!!!!!!

Wait, so how does this work? Is there a live stream? Or a Nintendo Direct that is broadcast at E3 then immediately watchable online?

I know Palutena, Pac-man and Miis were confirmed last year along with the invitational.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Undead_terror

Was playing with Ness online for a bit earlier today to get a bit ready for Lucas (I know that they got different moves =w=) and I was doing very well with him, he was a character that I never really play as, of course I wasn't spamming any combo's or any other things that Ness players use, just found my own way of playing.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

veeflames

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Well, the news that Lucas and co. are coming on the 14th automatically debunks every that leaked script said. Yikes...

Speaking of soon enough

10 DAYS TIL E3!!!!!!!!

Wait, so how does this work? Is there a live stream? Or a Nintendo Direct that is broadcast at E3 then immediately watchable online?

I know Palutena, Pac-man and Miis were confirmed last year along with the invitational.

Isn't the Nintendo Direct a live stream? Anyway though, I guess we'll get more information prior to June 16.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Troggy

Just came fourth in a Smash tournament. Or should I say, TAUNT-AMENT? I taunted six times. I cherished every single one.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

KO-Cub

Troggy wrote:

Just came fourth in a Smash tournament. Or should I say, TAUNT-AMENT? I taunted six times. I cherished every single one.

People like you are life of the party. And making the other guys pissed.

martinskrtel37

Toon Link, Villager, Sheik, Shulk, Marth, Lucina and Lady Palutena are my favourites so far in Smash 4! Still only have the 3DS version since launch, no Wii U yet... upgrading to the New 3DS XL has been great for Smash, no hand cramps any more, nice big screen.

I'm a Marth main from Melee so I've been using him mostly, but lately I haven't been feeling it as much (because my Toon Link game has become slightly better). I've been having fun with Shulk because he's FUN!!! Sheik is good and another Melee main so I want her up my sleeve, Villager is just awesome fun but the surprise for me is Palutena, something about her is super cool, I like being able to use a princess and she has become mine!!

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Gridatttack

I have a question for people who bought mewtwo on the in game eshop.

How does it works?

Do you get codes when you buy mewtwo, or does he instantly downloads?

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.

KO-Cub

Gridatttack wrote:

How does it works?

Instantly.

Gridatttack

KO-Cub wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

How does it works?

Instantly.

Hmmmm, what happens when you select the option for both wii u and 3ds?

How does it works in that case?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic