Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,521 to 23,540 of 27,917

Blast

Any tips on getting good with Mega Man????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pkmns

Blast wrote:

A lot of sidesmashing and a clever use of up air and f-air.

Edited on by Pkmns

Pkmns

KO-Cub

Blast wrote:

1. Create a good play style fitting to you.
2. Interrupt and annoy with "A".
3. Successfully shooting a Crash Bomb on your opponent forces them to play either defensive or run at you. Throw a Metal Blade to make sure he doesn't try to chase and pass it on to you. This way they Shield, you grab, Down-Throw, F-Air. And if you got catched by the Bomb while doing so, Shield. Or wait till the Crash Bomb is finished and grab then after.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

TeeJay

Pkmns wrote:

Blast wrote:

DO NOT side smash unless you're certain it's safe. That leaves you wide open fof lots of punishment. Listen to @KO-Cub instead

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

veeflames

Rexcalibr wrote:

Megas75 wrote:

Anyone else hoping that they release an adventure mode of some sorts in the future? Because I can't stand Smash Tour

Classic mode is the closest thing to it after you defeat Master Hand on level 8 intensity or higher. It's a short adventure, but it's pretty fun. It would be a cool idea if they expanded on it more.

What? Please no. But seriously, I still haven't cleared the 9.0 without losing a life thing... Just make a desperate story mode.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pkmns

TeeJay wrote:

Pkmns wrote:

Blast wrote:

DO NOT side smash unless you're certain it's safe. That leaves you wide open fof lots of punishment. Listen to @KO-Cub instead

That's true, I should avoid posting in the morning right after getting up.

Pkmns

KO-Cub

Naw. I love giving helpful advice when someone asks about Smash. It makes me feel so good and pro.
@Rexcalibr - The closest thing they've actually got to an Adventure Mode is the Smash Run on 3DS, but even then it hasn't got enough to supply a lot of fun. A lot good with Samsh Run, yet so much wrong.

Edited on by KO-Cub

MsJubilee

Latte wrote:

Mega Man is one of the most annoying characters to fight, in my opinion. Right behind Olimar.

Seriously, though, I feel salty even when I win against an Olimar.

Olimar? You face him? Man i don't even see an Olimar anymore anywhere!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MegaMari0

TwilightAngel wrote:

Latte wrote:

Mega Man is one of the most annoying characters to fight, in my opinion. Right behind Olimar.

Olimar? You face him? Man i don't even see an Olimar anymore anywhere!

He's rare. When I do face olimar it's an actual challenge especially if they know how to use the pikmin well. A real good one knows the order of pikmin before they come out.

Blast wrote:

I'm a megaman main
side smash only when opponent is off the platform. Do not fully charge it unless they can't roll towards you.the ending lag is bad. Use metal blades as a way to approach for a grab. when they are hit they are stuck in landing lag(at low %) afterwards. use opportunity to grab. Once that is done. DThrow and Shield first to see if they attack/ADodge/jump away and follow up accordingly. When spacing or running from enemy to setup throw metal blade backwards(throws them off) Use Bair/Fair often as they are megaman's quickest attacks. Crash bomber is great as a follow up. Most try to avoid getting stuck by it so capitalize if they do as they will be vulnerable for dodging it(assuming they are close enough). Leaf shield is a great gimp against those trying to come back. Careful as you could get screwed over by it if you go too far off stage to gimp(megaman always attempts to dump leaf shield before he can upB recover).

Edited on by MegaMari0

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

DreamyViridi

I once met the most obnoxious Mega Man playing keep away with me. Kept hopping around firing shots and Metal Blades. Won most of the matches, but still...
A couple of other things to note about him is his N-Air (Mid-air Buster shot) up close is really good for keep aways. People forget that Mega Man shoots, not punches with his "Jab" attacks. You can move while attacking, so if your opponent shields the shots and you're up close, jump back. Also, you can double jump after Up-B if you didn't use the extra jump yet.
I find Olimar rather fun at times, as I know the Pikmin now. I recently went into using Little Mac when I don't feel Random, the dude has so many bad players that I try to redeem him.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

KO-Cub

Smash 4 or in general is just really bad when it comes to run. When % gets higher, they can get away really easy and just run away for ages before knocking them again and they do it all over again. Like overpowered rolls, Palutena for example. Character like Shiek, and Megaman just break it, especially for slower and projectile vulnerable characters like Ganondorf, Ike, Marth/Lucina, Olimar, Donkey Kong. Saying "Just Counter It." doesn't really help with a bit of poor planning on the developer's part makes that strategy extremely difficult to counter without a lucky matchup. I mean, what are you going to do when you grab? Little you can do when they aren't low %.

Tsuchinoko

I know we haven't seen a lot of news recently, so with E3 coming up I've been wanting Smash conversation, and yeah, I've been on gamefaqs again. If the topics in that thread aren't the most negative, whiney, pessimistic bunch...

Seriously you guys, I really like Smash, all of them. I'm genuinely excited for Lucas and further DLC, and wanting to make Smash friends so I can play likd I did with Brawl in college. A chunk of the fanbase is really killing my buzz though.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know we haven't seen a lot of news recently, so with E3 coming up I've been wanting Smash conversation, and yeah, I've been on gamefaqs again. If the topics in that thread aren't the most negative, whiney, pessimistic bunch...

Seriously you guys, I really like Smash, all of them. I'm genuinely excited for Lucas and further DLC, and wanting to make Smash friends so I can play likd I did with Brawl in college. A chunk of the fanbase is really killing my buzz though.

Just ignore them. Every fanbase has some terrible fans, really...some are just worse than others...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

JunkosBoobies

Latte wrote:

I should play Olimar to get free For Glory salt. :Kappa:

...Nah, I get enough FG salt already. Some of it from myself. Starts gnawing on arm Mmm, I taste good.

@Tsuchinoko: Gamefaqs? I got on there in February and someone was throwing a fit over Chrom not being playable...

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Latte wrote:

I should play Olimar to get free For Glory salt. :Kappa:

...Nah, I get enough FG salt already. Some of it from myself. Starts gnawing on arm Mmm, I taste good.

@Tsuchinoko: Gamefaqs? I got on there in February and someone was throwing a fit over Chrom not being playable...

Its gotten worse lately.

And the unique thing about Smash is that it has its own fanbase, and it also has the fanbases from the series that are represented. There are other cross franchise games like this, but nothing on the scale and encompassing as much game history as much as Smash. Third parties and now the ballot have escalated things.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TriforceCake

I need a favor from you guys, I'm someone that's very skillful with games especially with nintendo games but I've never played Super Smash Bros that much but it's something I really want to be good at because I simply just like it. To my question, now that the official Gamecube Adapter for the Wii U is back in stock, I wonder if it's worth getting it + an original GC controller for the Smash? I've never played with a GC controller but it's something I can adapt to because I am a fast learner. The thing I don't know right now, is experience and I want to ask you guys, is it really that big of a deal to use a GC controller for Smash? Another thing I'm curious about are these Wii U Fight Pad controllers that has the same support as a Wii Classic Controller, it's cheaper and lots of people say it's a good choice while others says the opposite. So here's my two questions; Should I get this adapter following with a GC controller? Second; For you guys that tried out this Wii U Fight Pad, how is that controller compared to the original GC controller? Because I can't seem to find a concrete answer to that. Please answer me guys, I'm dying for some advice, tip or knowledge, it's driving me crazy not to know the difference between them before buying one of them. Thanks in advance.

TriforceCake

Gridatttack

I recommend it.

I might be biased, because thats what I have been using since melee.

Some might refute that it only works with smash, but on the plus side, if you have any pc games and no good gamepad yet, you can install drivers to use the adapter for PC.
Also, the other thing is, the controllers never require to change batteries/charge them :3

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

TriforceCake

Gridatttack wrote:

I recommend it.

I might be biased, because thats what I have been using since melee.

Some might refute that it only works with smash, but on the plus side, if you have any pc games and no good gamepad yet, you can install drivers to use the adapter for PC.
Also, the other thing is, the controllers never require to change batteries/charge them :3

Thanks for the fast answer man, would be interesting to hear what other think too. But I'm still curious about the Fight Pad vs GC Controller? Have u ever tried it?

TriforceCake

Blast

Wow... Mega Man is amazing. The only guy who really causes him problems is Mario.

Got any advice for getting good with Jigglypuff???

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Gridatttack

TriforceCake wrote:

Thanks for the fast answer man, would be interesting to hear what other think too. But I'm still curious about the Fight Pad vs GC Controller? Have u ever tried it?

Hmmm, fight pad? The wii U gamepad?

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic