Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,421 to 23,440 of 27,917

MegaMari0

I don't always taunt but when I do, I prefer to during a Ditto fight as a greeting or when I've 2 stocked the person. Stay Salty my friends.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Troggy wrote:

How was I a jerk? Please explain.

You taunted in For Glory that means you're being a jerk,having fun,trolling etc etc. And the guy had no idea if you were playing or being for real,so he was a jerk to you. In the end don't taunt in for glory most of the time people in there take it as an insult. And who wouldn't? Some guy taunting mid match,that's a recipe for disaster.

Taunting... makes you officially a jerk? Now you are just getting salty over anything.

People really got to read the whole thing and aren't you the guy who got mad cause Diddy got nerfed for some reason and you don't even use him? I said taunting mid match people if they see that might take it as an insult and just take you out. That's what i said read next time

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

TwilightAngel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Troggy wrote:

You taunted in For Glory that means you're being a jerk,having fun,trolling etc etc. And the guy had no idea if you were playing or being for real,so he was a jerk to you. In the end don't taunt in for glory most of the time people in there take it as an insult. And who wouldn't? Some guy taunting mid match,that's a recipe for disaster.

Taunting... makes you officially a jerk? Now you are just getting salty over anything.

People really got to read the whole thing and aren't you the guy who got mad cause Diddy got nerfed for some reason and you don't even use him? I said taunting mid match people if they see that might take it as an insult and just take you out. That's what i said read next time

Nope, still sounds pretty ridiculous to me. It's in the game. It's not stylin' on 'em. It's not an attempt to make people salty. It's just something placed in the game for a quick laugh. Back in Smash 64, you had to end every battle with a taunt for the extra points. It doesn't make sense to me to go whining about something that doesn't even give the opponent an unfair advantage of every sort. Honestly, I believe that the people not willing to taunt whatsoever are the ones that are poor sports. Those that taunt are typically just having fun. The people that don't are usually try-hards that seem to think that somehow, taunting makes them a worse player.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

PaperMario64

Who cares? It's a taunt made for kids...

I'd rather talk about why Jigglypuff is still a character, or why they included Wii Fit trainer but not Ice Climbers.
Now that's ****** up.

PaperMario64

UGXwolf

PaperMario64 wrote:

Who cares? It's a taunt made for kids...

I'd rather talk about why Jigglypuff is still a character, or why they included Wii Fit trainer but not Ice Climbers.
Now that's ****** up.

Jiggs is still a character because Jiggs has been in Smash since the beginning, and is still easily recognizable. Wii Fit Trainer got in partially because she was unusual, but fits in extremely well, and also because Wii Fit was actually very popular, last generation. Ice Climbers didn't get in because the 3DS couldn't handle them properly and Sakurai didn't want version-exclusive characters. None of these are really mysteries.

Pootypie

TwilightAngel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Troggy wrote:

Pretty sure I read the whole thing, taunting mid-match doesn't classify you as a jerk as all. That just means you get salty way too easy, and I do use Diddy Kong.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

JC10101

At the tournaments I go to you never see anybody taunt unless they get a great combo.

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

As far as taunting goes; the tl:dr version of how I go about it is taunts...

• ...At the start of the match = Greeting, "May the best fighter win", etc.
  • ...During or at the end of a match = Cocky / Disrespect (Unless something funny happens beforehand).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DefHalan

DreamyViridi wrote:

As far as taunting goes; the tl:dr version of how I go about it is taunts...

• At the start of the match = Greeting, "May the best fighter win", etc.
  • During or at the end of a match = Cocky / Disrespect (Unless something funny happens beforehand).

I feel like Taunting at any time in a match is Cocky. That is kinda what taunting is. Once a match starts, I start fighting. If you taunt at the beginning of a match then I get an advantage and you look cocky. I normally taunt when I get a kill, my taunts normally end before the other person can respawn. I am completely safe during that time and yea, I am a little cocky after getting a kill.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

Taunting is just taunting... I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't add taunting to make people act cocky. It can be used in cocky ways but if it is a taunt at the beginning, after a kill, or at the end then that doesn't mean anything bad at all.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

@DefHalan - Yeah, that's fair. In the end, a taunt is just that; a taunt. Which is a mocking or insulting expression.
The thought process for taunting differs depending on the person, that's just my take on it, I guess.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DefHalan

DreamyViridi wrote:

Yeah, that's fair. In the end, a taunt is just that; a taunt. Which is a mocking or insulting expression.
The thought process for taunting differs depending on the person, that's just my take on it, I guess.

And I know a lot of people agree with how you think, isn't going to stop me from taking that advantage lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

yokokazuo

When playing with friends we usually taunt after a KO and so it has kind of become a habit, although I understand that it could be seen as mocking someone.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

JunkosBoobies

I kinda want Rainbow Cruise to return from Melee/Brawl as DLC. Sure, it isn't that good of a stage, but it was still more memorable than most sidescrolling stages imo. cough RUMBLE FALLS, SERIOUSLY EFF THAT STAGE SO HARD cough

Admittedly, I also want Fourside. Like Rainbow Cruise, for nostalgia purposes.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

if you're upset that someone killed you and taunted and is owning you and keeps taunting.... GET BETTER AT THE GAME

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Tsuchinoko

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I kinda want Rainbow Cruise to return from Melee/Brawl as DLC. Sure, it isn't that good of a stage, but it was still more memorable than most sidescrolling stages imo. cough RUMBLE FALLS, SERIOUSLY EFF THAT STAGE SO HARD cough

I see a lot of these kinds of requests (hoping out loud?) for Fourside, Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams, and Brinstar Depths.

I'd also want those and Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, and New Pork City (perfect for 8-player Smash).

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I see a lot of these kinds of requests (hoping out loud?) for Fourside, Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams, and Brinstar Depths.

I'd also want those and Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, and New Pork City (perfect for 8-player Smash).

I'm curious: if they DID bring back New Pork, would they have "Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise", the "Mother 3 Love Theme", and "Porky's Theme" playing there despite them being in Onett, or not? Then again, Battlefield and Big Battlefield share the same music, so who knows. Also, if they bring back New Pork, if it doesn't come with "Poky Means Business", I'm gonna be mad.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Henmii

Am I the only one who thinks the Mii plaza music sounds like a song from Marioland 2? I think its a remix!

Henmii

UGXwolf

Rumble Falls is awesome I don't know WHAT you're complaining about! I totally want that stage back for 8-player Smash. It'd be hilarious! XD

Sparx

Fountain of Dreams and New Pork City would be great! New Pork was made for 8 player smash before 8 player smash was a thing, and Fountain of Dreams would probably look amazing in hd

My avatar is from here

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic