Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,401 to 23,420 of 27,917

MsJubilee

Troggy wrote:

How was I a jerk? Please explain.

You taunted in For Glory that means you're being a jerk,having fun,trolling etc etc. And the guy had no idea if you were playing or being for real,so he was a jerk to you. In the end don't taunt in for glory most of the time people in there take it as an insult. And who wouldn't? Some guy taunting mid match,that's a recipe for disaster.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Troggy

So just because he assumed I was a jerk automatically makes me a jerk? Good one.
I hardly see how taunting and jumping off the stage is as bad as someone reacting in the way he did.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

Arminillo

Troggy wrote:

You were being a sore winner first.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Tsuchinoko

TwilightAngel wrote:

Troggy wrote:

You taunted in For Glory that means you're being a jerk,having fun,trolling etc etc. And the guy had no idea if you were playing or being for real,so he was a jerk to you. In the end don't taunt in for glory most of the time people in there take it as an insult. And who wouldn't? Some guy taunting mid match,that's a recipe for disaster.

I've seen Doppelganger taunts in FG as a greeting to someone playing the same character, but mid-match taunting is frowned on, especially in a mistake.

Hmm, I'm going to try to be nicer, but the point is the same. You laughed at someone who was losing, and SD as way of showing off, then by your own admission, taunted to laugh at him. It doesn't sound good.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Troggy

Suicune wrote:

Troggy wrote:

You were being a sore winner first.

OBJECTION!
I never stated that I was being cocky or arrogant by doing that. I even said it was meant to be a bit of fun for me to chuckle about. I never did it because I was a sore winner.

MsJubilee

Troggy wrote:

So just because he assumed I was a jerk automatically makes me a jerk? Good one.
I hardly see how taunting and jumping off the stage is as bad as someone reacting in the way he did.

How would he know? Or better yet anyone? They're not there beside you while you do it. So the guy took it as an insult deal with it,you were a jerk.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tsuchinoko

TwilightAngel wrote:

Troggy wrote:

How would he know? Or better yet anyone? They're not there beside you while you do it. So the guy took it as an insult deal with it,you were a jerk.

What caught my attention was that however you meant it, and however he took it, you couldn't let it go. You admitted that if you knew his NNID you would have kept this going and escalated it.

Troggy

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hmm, I'm going to try to be nicer, but the point is the same. You laughed at someone who was losing, and SD as way of showing off, then by your own admission, taunted to laugh at him. It doesn't sound good.

I never said he was losing. I just said that I was at a high percentage, not him. Also, I never said it was to insult the other player or to show off.

Troggy

Tsuchinoko wrote:

What caught my attention was that however you meant it, and however he took it, you couldn't let it go. You admitted that if you knew his NNID you would have kept this going and escalated it.

That's fair. Looking back, I was going too far on that front. However, my opinion about the match itself still stands.

Mikes

Honestly, I wouldn't concern myself too much with that. You never know how someone else would take something in-game. I've met plenty of people that always taunted back when I did one and didn't attack them, like a friendly gesture. On the other hand, however, people will just take it for what it is, or just see something totally different. Heck, I remember a guy that was actually offended that no one taunted when they were in the lead, or when they won. He assumed they thought they were too good to taunt, or something like that.
It sucks that the other person took it the wrong way. I disagree with going further with that, though.

IceClimbers wrote:

So about that tweet from Matt Bozon... While I don't think it means anything at all, it got me thinking. How many pre-Ballot characters are we getting? While his tweet doesn't necessarily mean Shantae is getting in, let's just say it did. If it did, then it would mean that we may be getting more pre-Ballot characters than we thought. That line of thought brought me to the question of just how many pre-Ballot characters we're getting.

Seems like the general assumption has been that, based on the sound files and those placeholder "Mario" files, that we would get Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and then two more characters, the last one being the Ballot character (with most suggesting that Wolf is the other). Basically meaning we'd get Wolf by December and then the Ballot pick early next year.

However, could we be getting more pre-Ballot DLC than that? If so, then that would mean that the Ballot characters are farther out than we think. Maybe I'm just over thinking this. What do you guys think?

On a side note, if we got Shantae as pre-Ballot DLC, then that only helps K Rool's chances

Yeah, I wouldn't look too much into that either! I think a pre-Ballot character would be neat (especially Shantae), although I'm not sure if one could be made in time. It'd be a great extra surprise for that E3 thing they're doing again.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

IceClimbers

@StaticWind By "pre-Ballot", I mean a character released before the first Ballot character is released. Mewtwo and Lucas are pre-Ballot characters. Ryu and Roy seem to be pre-Ballot characters as well. Who knows how many characters they started planning for before the ballot closes.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

FriedSquid wrote:

As much as I'd love Shantae to make it in, I think I'll take it with a grain of salt right now and guess that it's teasing at something smaller, like a Trophy.

His tweet was most likely to drum up hype and get people to vote for her on the Ballot.

Troggy

StaticWind wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn't concern myself too much with that. You never know how someone else would take something in-game. I've met plenty of people that always taunted back when I did one and didn't attack them, like a friendly gesture. On the other hand, however, people will just take it for what it is, or just see something totally different. Heck, I remember a guy that was actually offended that no one taunted when they were in the lead, or when they won. He assumed they thought they were too good to taunt, or something like that.
It sucks that the other person took it the wrong way. I disagree with going further with that, though.

I'd say this is the most sensible approach to take at this point. I realised that what I wrote about getting back at him was f**king stupid. The rest of what you said is spot on. Please, get yourself a cookie, you deserve one.

Edited on by Troggy

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

FriedSquid wrote:

As much as I'd love Shantae to make it in, I think I'll take it with a grain of salt right now and guess that it's teasing at something smaller, like a Trophy.

His tweet was most likely to drum up hype and get people to vote for her on the Ballot.

Shantae is in the same situation that Shovel Knight is. Both indie characters that have yet to appear on a Nintendo console in Japan. I almost never hear about indie games here. The market for them seems much bigger in the west (and China for smartphone games at least).

He's just drumming up hype, but he really needs to get his character to a Japanese audience first.

At least Shovel Knight has a potential release coming up.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers

Tsuchinoko wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

FriedSquid wrote:

Shantae is in the same situation that Shovel Knight is. Both indie characters tha- have yet to appear on a Nintendo console in Japan.

He's just drumming up hype, but he really needs to get his character to a Japanese audience first.

At least Shovel Knight has a potential release coming up.

I don't think that will be the ultimate deciding factor though. Both Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse are available in Japan via Steam. She's a character that appeals to the west, much like Little Mac. Her lack of presence in Japan though does hurt her.

Currently though, I'd say she has a better chance than most other non-Nintendo characters. Simon Belmont and Bomberman's chances are pretty much shot now, while Snake's chances are really low despite being a veteran. Banjo & Kazooie has no chance at happening due to being owned by Microsoft (do you really see Nintendo going for that?). Bayonetta would likely have to be toned down, but then it wouldn't be Bayonetta (much like Ridley). Geno isn't happening due to extreme obscurity (DLC, above all else, has to sell).

Other than maybe Rayman, I'd say Shantae's chances are looking rather good right now as far as non-Nintendo characters go. As far as Nintendo characters go, King K Rool is dominating hands down.

UGXwolf

So what you guys are telling me is that people on For Glory take this game way too seriously. I honestly feel someone's being a sourpuss if they DON'T taunt after getting a kill.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kai_

Even if they don't taunt, they're likely to flail around, short hopping and doing aerials until you return, run from side to side, or sit down.
Which is basically taunting without taunting.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Rexcalibr

I always do a taunt or dance or something after winning. It's cute.... especially doing the Koopaling giggle/laugh. I also do this thing where I stay in one spot and turn around over and over like I'm a lost puppy. Or with the Koopalings, just simply duck and they go into hiding into their Clown Kart. It's freakin adorable.

Rexcalibr

Pootypie

TwilightAngel wrote:

Troggy wrote:

Taunting... makes you officially a jerk? Now you are just getting salty over anything.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic