Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 27,917

ITAFTRS

Regarding the Pokemon characters, I wouldn't be too pleased if they include Jigglypuff again. I've always found it a rather boring and hard character to play with (maybe that's why I think it's boring). I mean, there's a lot of Pokemon to choose between, so why not let someone else have a try (NOT Pichu though; it had its chance, and it blew it)? Obviously Pikachu has to be in it, because he/she/it is like the mascot of the whole Pokemon franchise.

ITAFTRS

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Don't know what's going on here. Is Olimar calling for his Pikmin? Or is he and Wii Fit Trainer looking at someone?

The WFT is doing an attack, I'm assuming her smash side, and Olimar is also doing a side smash, only with no Pikmin so it does nothing.

It is certainly odd that there isn't a screenshot of the day elsewhere. Clearly there's gonna be a reveal in today's Direct, the coincidence is far too obvious.

In fact before Luigi's announcement there already was a PotD on that day, so strengthening my conclusion.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Bigtime

I thought they may incorporate some of the special abilities from Colours and Lost Worlds if he were in Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS, but it doesn't look like it. Hopefully he won't have two spin dash attacks again this time around at least.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Orngeblu

DdFixen wrote:

Regarding the Pokemon characters, I wouldn't be too pleased if they include Jigglypuff again. I've always found it a rather boring and hard character to play with (maybe that's why I think it's boring). I mean, there's a lot of Pokemon to choose between, so why not let someone else have a try (NOT Pichu though; it had its chance, and it blew it)? Obviously Pikachu has to be in it, because he/she/it is like the mascot of the whole Pokemon franchise.

Nuuu, not the Jiggs. DON'T DISS THE JIGGS!

Cool to see sonic is back, though. :I He better get buffed, sucks in Brawl.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

At last, the Blue Bomber can face-off against the Blue Blur!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SheldonRandoms

And people said Sonic wouldn't return, though I wonder if Snake will also return?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

cookiex

Now bring back Snake so we can have a 4-way mascot brawl!

EDIT: I see that his stage is taken from Lost World, interesting.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

Of course, there's a new stage that takes place in Sonic Lost World too, as you can see in some of the new screenshots.

That was one of my first predictions when the Miiverse Smash Bros community went up! I said that if Sonic were to be revealed at some point in the future, they would probably show off a stage based on Lost Hex too.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

ThePirateCaptain

Did anyone else see the new Pikmin 3 stage when they were introducing Sonic? I'm pretty happy that Sonic is back though, he fits well in the Smash Universe.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

DreamyViridi

I too am happy for Sonic's return. I would've been fine without him but hey, the more the merrier! He's always smiling now too. I would not count on Snake returning unless Sakurai doesn't mind boosting the third-party count to 3. Even then, Snake wouldn't really fit the environment anymore.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

mamp

Sonic's back!!! Time to break out the chilli dogs XD (yes that was a thing people).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Joeynator3000

I really hope Mega Man, Trainer, and Villager aren't the only new characters in this game. I mean, wished they would at least give us another newcomer already. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Orngeblu

Nah, I think Snake should come back.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Mickey

Hey, Sonic's back. That's pleasant to hear. How does he look? The same? Well now I know what I'm going to call this game! Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2.0.

Seriously, we're moving to the next generation of consoles. And it's a much more significant jump than Gamecube to Wii (at least, for the Wii U), I'd think that the characters would reflect that. I mean, don't you remember this?:

That was impressive! They all (Kirby notwithstanding) looked new and interesting and (for me at least) it got me pumped for the game! Now with SSB4, if they did the same style of trailer, there would be little to no difference in how they looked. AND BEFORE YOU BEGIN WRITING YOUR REPLY: NO, I'M NOT SAYING THE GAME IS GOING TO BE BAD. ACTUALLY, I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME! IMAGINE THAT. LIKING SOMETHING WHILE ADMITTING THAT YOU DON'T LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. YOU SHOULD TRY THAT SOMETIME, PERSON WHO WAS GOING TO REPLY. Now that I've got that out of the way: It's hardly a deal-breaker for me, but it still bothers me.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Blast

@Mickey That was the first time I saw that trailer and I gotta say... that was impressive. The way Nintendo introduced Snake in the trailer was epic and clever. It reminds how they announced Mega Man in the game. Sadly, I don't think Snake will be in the game. MGS: Ground Zeroes isn't coming to Wii U so... I doubt Snake is coming to SSB4 D: But hey. The chances of us getting Bayonetta and Wonder Red in SSB4 is pretty high so I can't wait for Nintendo to introduce them in a epic trailer

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CThrash13

I played Melee back in college, but I never played Brawl. I'm not sure if I'll get the new Smash Bros. or not, but I've been keeping up with all the news, screenshots, etc. just in case I do decide to get it. Doesn't the fact this will be the first Smash Bros. in HD make a big difference to anyone? I know that doesn't have anything to do with gameplay, but this game looks absolutely stunning from what I've seen so far. And everyone knows it's going to be a great game in the end. Nintendo will wait as long as possible to release it to ensure it's great. I just think the fact it's going to be HD Smash Bros. is awesome just like Mario Kart and other games that will be in HD for the first time.

I'm just interested in everyone's thoughts on that.

CThrash13

Twitter:

shingi_70

@Mickey

You were never going to see a jump especially for a fighting game where graphics and resolution will be sacrificed for 60 FPS. Also the main reason why this doesn't look to be a big jump (trust me it is) is that the WIi U trailer didn't start out with the old game.

I mean
Untitled
Untitled

EDIT:
@Thrash13

All the games will look 12X better just becuase its in HD. Now how big the jump or the games look will depend on the developers. Mario Kart and X are probably the best looking games for the Wii U thus far. Nintendo just has the problem of not working on HD as long as everyone else has.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic