Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,361 to 23,380 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

Grumblevolcano wrote:

About Ness, it's so easy to spam PK Fire and win. I use that tactic a lot in classic/all star to get the opponents up to high damage and a bat to the face will auto KO, it makes those harder challenges pathetically easy. Haven't got the 9.0 no lives lost yet but that's largely due to not having played in a long while. Online I never use that tactic though because spamming (except taunts) is not satisfying against real people.

I know, right? Also I hate it when people taunt at you for SDing and then say something like, "u suk"

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MegaMari0

You know, what I find irritating are people who taunt when you die even though THEY had NOTHING to do with your death. Misjudged recovery distance or drop speed, can't get back. Accidentally did downB when I meant to do SideB, died.... oh let me taunt the guy a couple times because he accidentally killed himself. You know what I sometimes do(in case I was dominating) is I SD myself as well if they do it accidentally.

Edited on by MegaMari0

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Azooooz

"You Rock, Man!"
Untitled

Best. Pun. Ever.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JunkosBoobies

I haven't found many spammers on FG. If anything, I dislike fighting against Level 9 CPUs, simply because they're inhuman (They react to you faster than an actual player would, making them bad for practice) and they have been very spammy since the last update.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Troggy

Dedede main here, come to say that anyone saying that Dedede is OP should go and get good. Dedede is a slow, easy to punish character, and his swift attacks often have low launching power to compensate. I should know, I main the bugger.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

TeeJay

I've met a couple Bowsers who did literally nothing besides spam his ground pound whether it works or not. A few fights were just me hardly even moving. I just stand there, side dodge when they inevitably stomp and then follow up with whatever I want. I give them all the chance in the world to shake it up and fake me out or something but they just don't

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MegaMari0

TeeJay wrote:

I give them all the chance in the world to shake it up and fake me out or something but they just don't

How can you give them the chance when you know that they will try to fake you out? Pretending to be faked out?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Kai_

Came across an Ike who only spammed side B today. Why even bother?

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

veeflames

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I haven't found many spammers on FG. If anything, I dislike fighting against Level 9 CPUs, simply because they're inhuman (They react to you faster than an actual player would, making them bad for practice) and they have been very spammy since the last update.

This. Just this. All characters(as Lv. 9 CPU) capable of throwing some sort of projectiles spam like crazy since the last update. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to fake out CPU characters because they dodge AT THE EXACT time a player attempts to attack.
About Ness... really, he's so easy to beat. Ness spamming PK-fire? Fake out by spot dodging and grab/attack him when HE tries to grab you. Ness' air combos? Dodge or spam A yourself. Ness' recovery? Spike. It's really simple. I'd only argue that Ness' back throw is horribly overpowered. It's so overpowered, I just have to laugh at the speed my character flies off the screen.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DreamyViridi

Can't say I'll ever understand what goes on in the mind of such players who think limiting themselves to a couple of moves will work out. Again, we don't know our FG opponents and most likely never will so maybe (unlikely as it is) there's a reason behind the silly play styles; such as self-challenge or recording for YT or something.
Otherwise; I recently saw this video that actually gave me an understanding of the bad habits some players have.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

MegaMari0 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I give them all the chance in the world to shake it up and fake me out or something but they just don't

How can you give them the chance when you know that they will try to fake you out? Pretending to be faked out?

I give them all the chance in the world to fake me out but they never take advantage of it because they insist on stomping every time.

They never try to fake me out.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

@Latte The first is only helpful if they also spam PK Fire, which doesn't need to connect every time. It only needs to connect once. And even if you punish Ness for spamming it, good luck following up He's so floaty and mobile in the air that it's nearly impossible to follow up if you aren't using an aerial character. And even if you are, Ness's aerials probably beat yours out, anyways. In spacing and priority. The reason his PK Fire is such a pain is that at high percents, it may as well be an instant kill, and it's about as hard to get a hit in with that as it is with Link's bow, which has considerable more wind up. You only have to be vaguely predictive. Just enough to know when they can't avoid it. And if you dodge it once? Whatever. He's probably got time for two more before you can actually get close enough to hit, and since Ness spammers are always on Samus-and-Link style defensive game, good luck getting close enough for long enough to do any kind of real damage. I'm not saying it's impossible, but considering my list of characters I use frequently, I don't have many or really any good counters to Ness spam, since almost all of my characters are fairly heavy, close-ranged, ground fighters that have a decent spacing game and a good melee game. Ness is pretty much a hard counter to my every playstyle, and I know you're gonna be like "oh, well just learn to switch it up or play differently." That takes time. A lot of time. A lot of time I unfortunately don't have. I hate to say it, but I'm in a position where it's far more rational to just stop playing the game altogether than to try and beat a cheap player. That's just how it goes, I guess.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

Enough talk about spammers, ZeRo and Dabuz are blasting each other on Twitter! I smell another Chillen vs Leffen Salty Suite match.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FriedSquid

I agree with @Latte, PK Fire is not that terrible and not hard to deal with when it's being spammed. I've never really seen anyone try to do nothing but PK Fire and get away with it.

But that Samus in the earlier video? That is what spamming is, just using the homing missiles over and over and rolling. (And obviously it didnt work well)

Anyways let's just put this to rest and agree that spamming is embarrassing for bad players.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

JunkosBoobies

IceClimbers wrote:

Enough talk about spammers, ZeRo and Dabuz are blasting each other on Twitter! I smell another Chillen vs Leffen Salty Suite match.

I predict ZeRo will 5-0 Dabuz. :Kappa:

Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Maybe it's just because I main Link, but I've never found Link spam to be more than disappointing. Link isn't exactly an aggro character, but his roll dodge shouldn't be your first instinct. He's much better as a defensive fighter than an evasive one. He doesn't have any true combos that I'm aware of, but the versatility of his follow-ups is pretty useful in most situations.

Putting a nice little cap on the spam discussion, I think the reason Ness spam doesn't bother you guys is because Ness is a playstyle you understand very well. I can't play psychic or magic characters to save my life. Heck, I struggle with ranged characters, too! Normally spam from characters that don't already have massive advantages against my characters is a minor nuisance at best. The reason Ness is such a problem for me is because it seems like he counters everything good about my characters without even requiring any skill to do so. Does that mean he does that for all characters? No. Just that he's painfully effective against me and my playstyle.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Maybe it's just because I main Link, but I've never found Link spam to be more than disappointing. Link isn't exactly an aggro character, but his roll dodge shouldn't be your first instinct. He's much better as a defensive fighter than an evasive one. He doesn't have any true combos that I'm aware of, but the versatility of his follow-ups is pretty useful in most situations.

Putting a nice little cap on the spam discussion, I think the reason Ness spam doesn't bother you guys is because Ness is a playstyle you understand very well. I can't play psychic or magic characters to save my life. Heck, I struggle with ranged characters, too! Normally spam from characters that don't already have massive advantages against my characters is a minor nuisance at best. The reason Ness is such a problem for me is because it seems like he counters everything good about my characters without even requiring any skill to do so. Does that mean he does that for all characters? No. Just that he's painfully effective against me and my playstyle.

Wow so you're a Link main now? Thats really different from Wolf.

I played Toon Link quite a bit in Brawl. Link, Yoshi, and Sheik are a lot better in this game.

The Ness/Link matchup is interesting. Link has a lot of projectiles, but Ness can't absorb any of them, and using his bat to reflect them doesn't work that well. Ness might be more agile though, and he doesn't have a lot of wait time between special moves.

I feel the Ness controversy is still new, and I'm seeing it pop up in a lot of forums and blogs. Ness will probably show up quite a bit at tournaments in the next few months. Hopefully the competitive Ness playstyle will evolve and we will see more varied, tactical matches with him as opposed to spamming.

Are there any other characters this is happening with. I feel the metagame conversation has turned collectively to Ness, but are people also talking about Shulk, Sonic, or Captain Falcon and more closely analyzing where they stand competitively?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

JunkosBoobies

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I feel the metagame conversation has turned collectively to Ness, but are people also talking about Shulk, Sonic, or Captain Falcon and more closely analyzing where they stand competitively?

I see Sonic and C. Falcon pretty high up on tier lists. I'd say they'd be at least Top 10. Dunno about Shulk, although I have seen some good Shulks here and there.

Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt

Azooooz

I don't know if someone posted this, but the game startup is slower than before Mewtwo & DLC update. I can't remember by how much, but the startup speed is noticeable.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Pkmns

Azooooz wrote:

I don't know if someone posted this, but the game startup is slower than before Mewtwo & DLC update. I can't remember by how much, but the startup speed is noticeable.

Yeah, it was already quite slow, now it's downright annoying

Pkmns

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic