Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,341 to 23,360 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

Fazermint wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Heh, had a feeling you didn't know. ^^
You do so on the results screen when viewing their profile. On 3DS, tap them on the touch screen to view their profile.
On Wii U, it's a button prompt seen at the bottom of the screen (X I believe). When viewing the profile; press X to block, press Y to report.

Wow, thanks! This made my day. Now I can embark on a quest to block... pretty much half of the player base! The odds of meeting the same person again are probably slim, but pressing block is going to be sooo satisfying. It's all for my anger management.

Just don't go nuts with it!
Personally, since I found out about the feature; I almost always check profiles. I noticed that a lot of the "bad" players are from France... Sometimes, Germany too. Not saying anything, it's just something I noticed.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

Ness spammers are the absolute worst. His grab is way too OP. PK Thunder is stupidly effective against air dodging, Pl Fire is annoyingly spammable, and his aerials are way too good for any melee-based charcter to mount any kind of approach. As of that weren't enough, I came across exactly one guy today that was cheap as hell and he stopped after one match, which was a really fun, well-played match. And throughout the last five or six matches, the game decided it consistently wasn't going to do what I told it to. "Oh you wanted a tilt? Lemme give you a smash. What's that? Dodging? Never heard of it. Hey, this game doesn't have shields, right? Just checking." Days like this remind me why I hate people complaining about weak online. I hate online play. Other players are annoying because it seems that most of the time, they found an exploit that they're going to abuse the crap out of or they've been playing so long that I never stood a chance to begin with. I freaking hate For Glory!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Fazermint

DreamyViridi wrote:

Just don't go nuts with it!
Personally, since I found out about the feature; I almost always check profiles. I noticed that a lot of the "bad" players are from France... Sometimes, Germany too. Not saying anything, it's just something I noticed.

I just have a feeling that someone is posting videos of how to do cheap tricks on YouTube or something, because they always seem to come in waves. Those vid posters may be french/germany, you never know.

UGXwolf wrote:

Ness spammers are the absolute worst. His grab is way too OP. PK Thunder is stupidly effective against air dodging, Pl Fire is annoyingly spammable, and his aerials are way too good for any melee-based charcter to mount any kind of approach. As of that weren't enough, I came across exactly one guy today that was cheap as hell and he stopped after one match, which was a really fun, well-played match. And throughout the last five or six matches, the game decided it consistently wasn't going to do what I told it to. "Oh you wanted a tilt? Lemme give you a smash. What's that? Dodging? Never heard of it. Hey, this game doesn't have shields, right? Just checking." Days like this remind me why I hate people complaining about weak online. I hate online play. Other players are annoying because it seems that most of the time, they found an exploit that they're going to abuse the crap out of or they've been playing so long that I never stood a chance to begin with. I freaking hate For Glory!

I hear ya bro, Ness is more OP than Diddy and Captain Falcon put together. Whenever someone does that triple hit combo (run+attack, then jump+side attack twice, nearly IMPOSSIBLE to dodge once you're caught in that first hit), I just SD and leave. I might sound like a bad loser or something, but I'd rather have fun and play with people who can beat me with actual skill. I love playing against people that are better than me, that's the only way to improve.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

MegaMari0

Fazermint wrote:

I hear ya bro, Ness is more OP than Diddy and Captain Falcon put together. Whenever someone does that triple hit combo (run+attack, then jump+side attack twice, nearly IMPOSSIBLE to dodge once you're caught in that first hit), I just SD and leave. I might sound like a bad loser or something, but I'd rather have fun and play with people who can beat me with actual skill. I love playing against people that are better than me, that's the only way to improve.

Don't do that That is skill though. It takes skill to pull off those combos. It may be irritating but it also takes skill to predict and dodge those. The thing with these players is that it's predictable. I relish the chance to defeat those kinds of opponents. I know what they are going to do and love breaking their combos. Sure I'll get caught a couple times but ultimately I find it fun to beat their Combos that they learned off of watching youtube videos.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

JunkosBoobies

UGXwolf wrote:

Preach it, brotha!

Also, I feel like dropping Ness. I love Earthbound and the characters in Earthbound (Although Pokey/Porky can go die in a fire), but with several people saying he's annoying, I'm not really feeling it.

just...just kill me now shulk...

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

retropunky

As a Ness main myself, I'm surprised by the amount of bad rep Ness is getting. I'm no spammer by any means, and I always try to have different attacks.

With that said, I did encounter one Ness player a few days ago that made me go bezerk. All he did, literally, was spam his PK FIre, grab, back throw. He would just stand there, and when I would try to approach him, PK Fire, grab and back throw. Even arial attacks, he would just roll or shield, grab and throw. I still won the match though, and he left.

A lot of the spamming I see often is from Link, Sonic, and Sheik.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Pootypie

PKpunky wrote:

As a Ness main myself, I'm surprised by the amount of bad rep Ness is getting. I'm no spammer by any means, and I always try to have different attacks.

With that said, I did encounter one Ness player a few days ago that made me go bezerk. All he did, literally, was spam his PK FIre, grab, back throw. He would just stand there, and when I would try to approach him, PK Fire, grab and back throw. Even arial attacks, he would just roll or shield, grab and throw. I still won the match though, and he left.

A lot of the spamming I see often is from Link, Sonic, and Sheik.

You forgot Kirby... and apparently there are Falcons that spam falcon punch and falcon kick...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

Here's some advice GIT GUD

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

Honestly, you can spam with any single character in the game. I find Link spammers to be pretty worthless, honestly. Most of them don't know how to get anything out of their projectiles. They just sit there using bow cause it's the quickest. They tend to be mildly annoying, but easy to handle. It's characters like Ness with an easy cheap combo like PK fire, grab, back throw that really tick me off. I actually don't have any characters that are good against Ness. He's the bane of my existence. And the back throw is so OP. D:<

@TwilightAngel See, the problem with that is that I don't have the time to sit here and run drills and go back to the lab and face every single Smash play twenty times over. I don't even have the time to go to tournaments and play live. I don't have the time to get any better than I am, and honestly speaking, as much as I put myself down when I'm raging, I'm by no means a bad player, I'm just not competitively viable.

Justlink

I don't like how most people automatically say Link players spam. My main is Link and I never spam arrows, but I use boomerang alot because it does damage and pulls people closer for melee attacks.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Tsuchinoko

I'm behind on the conversation but what page are you guys looking at for the Splatoon costumes?

I see both consoles listed here

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/jp/dlc/index.html

Edit: I did just check and the other language sites had the same thing.

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/en-uk/dlc/index.html

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

For how easy Ness's grab is to execute and the fact that a PK Fire can make it impossible to escape a grab from him, his back throw kills pretty early. Ness players aren't always like this, but I've run into many that won't let you get close. If you approach on the ground, PK Fire. If you dodge or jump it, they'll just grab you on the other end. And PK Thunder isn't a problem if you're on the ground, but if you're off stage, it's super easy to gimp someone with it. I suppose that might be a fair trade for how easy it is to gimp Ness's recovery, except that Ness has a ridiculous amount of tools for getting you off the stage, again with the back throw. And even if he decides not to grab you out of the air or you can out range his grab somehow, his aerials have ridiculous priority. And yes, PK Fire is quite spammable, since if it hits, odds are that the opponent cant escape, and if you play heavier characters, no you actually can'tescape his combo before his third Fair unless you're at high damage, which won't be a thing, since at 120 or above, he WILL back-throw you, and it's a good bet you WILL die. This isn't an "oh, he's just new to this" sort of thing. We've been dealing with Ness since Smash 64 and he's still the bane of my existence. Short of spending an ungodly amount of time playing Smash that I don't have available to me, I'm not going to learn how to handle Ness. He will always be near the top of my list of most hatable characters along with really any grab spammer. Ness as a character isn't cheap or OP, but many people ise cheap ta tocs with him that require low skill to pull off and get ridiculous results.

Pkmns

justlink wrote:

I don't like how most people automatically say Link players spam. My main is Link and I never spam arrows, but I use boomerang alot because it does damage and pulls people closer for melee attacks.

Same. Plus, the Links you can usually find online are terrible.

Pkmns

Tsuchinoko

I've been finding a lot of Shulk players lately, and they all seem to be spamming the same one or two slash moves.

Kai_

justlink wrote:

The average Link player online will roll to the edge of the stage, and just spam arrows and the boomerang until you get close, then roll to the other side and repeat. Obviously not all do this, but a vast majority, at least online, do.

Also Ness is not OP, he's just the cheapest and most annoying character on the roster. Can't wait for Lucas .-.

Edited on by Kai_

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

DreamyViridi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I'm behind on the conversation but what page are you guys looking at for the Splatoon costumes?

I see both consoles listed here

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/jp/dlc/index.html

Edit: I did just check and the other language sites had the same thing.

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/en-uk/dlc/index.html

Yeah, I noticed that after the Splatoon Direct. I assume they can just be purchased, that's the case for Europeans anyway. As for the main discussion going on... Well...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

Plateface wrote:

justlink wrote:

The average Link player online will roll to the edge of the stage, and just spam arrows and the boomerang until you get close, then roll to the other side and repeat. Obviously not all do this, but a vast majority, at least online, do.

Also Ness is not OP, he's just the cheapest and most annoying character on the roster. Can't wait for Lucas .-.

Aww, Ness and Lucas are just two young kids doing their best!

But seriously, I do find "hardcore" FG Ness players are just exploiting a few convenient chains. I try not to let that kind of play style ruin characters for me, just the act of exploiting. Lucas (at least how he was in Brawl), is more about timing powerful smashes rather than chaining.

Fazermint

Latte wrote:

What can Ness even spam? His PK Thunder that leaves him extremely vulnerable? His PK Fire that has long startup and end lag? His d-throw>forward air x3 is a combo. A combo that you can almost always get out of, at that.

These types of comments have bothered me for awhile. "___ is OP," "____ is a cheap character," "___ spams so much." You guys are being silly, plain and simple. Most of the time, the moves that you claim are being spammed aren't even spammable moves. I have to wonder what you'd call "spam" in a regular fighting game, where hitstun and combos are much longer.

Please don't complain about a character being OP solely because you don't know how to play against them. Instead of coming in here and complaining about a character, ask how you can counter certain tactics and characters that you struggle playing against.

You misunderstand what people mean by spamming. It doesn't refer to channeling attacks, but the repeated use of a single move. Tons of players restrict their playstyle to only one or two moves. That qualifies as spamming, and as being a toxic playstyle.

You also assume that the game ISN'T broken. But it is. Smash 4 is INCREDIBLY unbalanced. Super-powerful characters like Dedede and Ganondorf have been given super-swift moves. Priority moves and multi-hit moves have totally messed up the game.

Get off your high horse, please.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Grumblevolcano

About Ness, it's so easy to spam PK Fire and win. I use that tactic a lot in classic/all star to get the opponents up to high damage and a bat to the face will auto KO, it makes those harder challenges pathetically easy. Haven't got the 9.0 no lives lost yet but that's largely due to not having played in a long while. Online I never use that tactic though because spamming (except taunts) is not satisfying against real people.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic