Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,321 to 23,340 of 27,917

Iggly

nacho_chicken wrote:

Speaking of that strategy... is that still possible? It was too much fun to do.

If you're talking about the Bowser-cide strategy, it isn't possible anymore since characters that SD with their foe (ex. Bowser, Kirby) die first instead of the foe. Though it's still possible to do with Ganondorf.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Wonder why the Splatoon mii costumes are exclusive to the U, thought there wasn't going to be any character exclusives, well wonder if the 3DS gets any exclusive costumes.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DefHalan

Undead_terror wrote:

Wonder why the Splatoon mii costumes are exclusive to the U, thought there wasn't going to be any character exclusives, well wonder if the 3DS gets any exclusive costumes.

Have they confirmed them to be exclusives? Also costumes =/= characters

I am still waiting for them to confirm if I can purchase the DLC separately or if Pre-Ordering at GameStop is the only way to get it.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

DefHalan wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

I am still waiting for them to confirm if I can purchase the DLC separately or if Pre-Ordering at GameStop is the only way to get it.

It said in the fine print on a picture that it was only for the U, that and on the pictures it only had the U logo, I say people who pre order and get the costumes get it for a limited time like Mewtwo with the CN members.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Fazermint

So I had a Glory match with this guy today, whose player name was "YOU SUCK". Not the first time I've encountered someone like that, so I carried on. Of course he stood still shooting projectiles, then blockgrabbing me every time I awkwardly jumped over his projectiles to reach him (hate players like that). I almost had him, but he won (noting my damage given was nearly twice as high as his). He then started flickering his player name between "YOU SUCK", "KILL URSELF" and stuff like that.

I should really get rid of my copy of this horrid game, and go back to Melee.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Pootypie

Fazermint wrote:

So I had a Glory match with this guy today, whose player name was "YOU SUCK". Not the first time I've encountered someone like that, so I carried on. Of course he stood still shooting projectiles, then blockgrabbing me every time I awkwardly jumped over his projectiles to reach him (hate players like that). I almost had him, but he won (noting my damage given was nearly twice as high as his). He then started flickering his player name between "YOU SUCK", "KILL URSELF" and stuff like that.

You can't hate the game because of an immature player...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DefHalan

Undead_terror wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

It said in the fine print on a picture that it was only for the U, that and on the pictures it only had the U logo, I say people who pre order and get the costumes get it for a limited time like Mewtwo with the CN members.

Which could just mean they get the Wii U version of the DLC free and could purchase the 3DS version later. Nintendo Life's article makes it sound like the DLC is coming to both systems. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/splatoon_mii_fighter...

I just hope I can get the DLC without pre-ordering it from GameStop. I want it digitally and I want Nintendo to get the biggest cut possible, so I want to get Splatoon on the eShop.

Grumblevolcano

Today is the 14th anniversary of Shrek so clearly Shrek needs to be in Smash as DLC

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

Right. It's not the game's fault that the world is filled with A-holes. Besides, he's probably just some immature twelve-year old.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

I'm really am against these kind of behaviors, one of the reason why we will always have jerks. But we can't do anything about it sadly.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaMari0

It's great when you can turn the tables on those immature players. One of them did this. Saying USUCK and NOOB. Etc. 1st match was a close one. 2nd one was a straight blowout from me. before 3rd match he said "EFF U". I laughed and proceeded to TOY with him the entire match. I was Duckhunt. The perfect troll for an immature player. The can was so effective he air dodged to his death to avoid it. The mandatory taunt from me just drove the satisfaction home.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Fazermint

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

It's more things like these are starting to push me over the fence than that it single-handedly makes me ragequit. I have tons of frustrations with game imperfections and balance.

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Pootypie

Fazermint wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

It's more things like these are starting to push me over the fence than that it single-handedly makes me ragequit. I have tons of frustrations with game imperfections and balance.

While I do agree these kind of stuff are frustrating, well ok I can't blame you for getting angry at those kind of people... Hopefully they start taking actions towards these kind of people. I don't get mad at these kind of stuff as it's pretty easy for me to keep my calmness.

Pootypie

Fazermint

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

While I do agree these kind of stuff are frustrating, well ok I can't blame you for getting angry at those kind of people... Hopefully they start taking actions towards these kind of people. I don't get mad at these kind of stuff as it's pretty easy for me to keep my calmness.

Yeah I might be somewhat of an angry person, haha If I could chose a superpower, it would be the ability to punch people through the internet. And that kid's parents clearly haven't given him the slap in the face he deserves. I'm against hitting your children but I'll make an exception for this kid.

DefHalan

Fazermint wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

Yeah I might be somewhat of an angry person, haha If I could chose a superpower, it would be the ability to punch people through the internet. And that kid's parents clearly haven't given him the slap in the face he deserves. I'm against hitting your children but I'll make an exception for this kid.

I am all for hitting kids, the younger they are the softer it will be on my hands

DreamyViridi

Thankfully, such behaviour isn't an issue for me (yet) since I play the 3DS version but it's an issue no-one can solve unfortunately.
The best you can do is report them and/or block them. I feel some people (including myself sometimes) forget that feature.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Fazermint

DreamyViridi wrote:

Thankfully, such behaviour isn't an issue for me (yet) since I play the 3DS version but it's an issue no-one can solve unfortunately.
The best you can do is report them and/or block them. I feel some people (including myself sometimes) forget that feature.

You can report and block people? How

DreamyViridi

Heh, had a feeling you didn't know. ^^
You do so on the results screen when viewing their profile. On 3DS, tap them on the touch screen to view their profile.
On Wii U, it's a button prompt seen at the bottom of the screen (X I believe). When viewing the profile; press X to block, press Y to report.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Fazermint

DreamyViridi wrote:

Heh, had a feeling you didn't know. ^^
You do so on the results screen when viewing their profile. On 3DS, tap them on the touch screen to view their profile.
On Wii U, it's a button prompt seen at the bottom of the screen (X I believe). When viewing the profile; press X to block, press Y to report.

Wow, thanks! This made my day. Now I can embark on a quest to block... pretty much half of the player base! The odds of meeting the same person again are probably slim, but pressing block is going to be sooo satisfying. It's all for my anger management.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic