Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,281 to 23,300 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Wolf needs to come back. He was just as requested as Lucas.

I'd take Wolf over Ryu any time.

Same.

Untitled

I would gladly pay for Wolf, Roy, and Ryu. Why not, might as well add Isaac and K. Rool.

I don't think we should go crazy with the DLC, but there characters will make a lot of people (not everyone) happy.

I do think the metagame won't be able to fully start to develop until thb roster is finished.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Rexcalibr

Latte wrote:

Ryu seems way too generic for my tastes. I'm hoping for another Zelda character, like Agitha or Ghirahim.

nitndo pls

I consider myself a Legend of Zelda fan, maybe somewhat more of a casual, and I have no idea who those two characters are. Everyone knows who Ryu is.

Rexcalibr

IceClimbers

Rexcalibr wrote:

Latte wrote:

Ryu seems way too generic for my tastes. I'm hoping for another Zelda character, like Agitha or Ghirahim.

nitndo pls

I consider myself a Legend of Zelda fan, maybe somewhat more of a casual, and I have no idea who those two characters are. Everyone knows who Ryu is.

Wait, you don't know who Ghirahim is? You know, the recurring villain in Skyward Sword?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

Rexcalibr wrote:

Latte wrote:

nitndo pls

They were both one-off characters that have a following, particularly Ghirahim. Tbh the only Zelda game I never played was Skyward Sword (I don't have time to mess with motion controls like that, I'm old). They both also appeared in Hyrule Warriors.

Now before we make a judgement call on Ryu if he is in, Sakurai and team have this talent for making amazing Smash fighters out of characters that wouldn't usually have that potential. He if he put Ryu in the game, its for a reason. I'm excited to see how this will play out. Lets see where this goes.

And as far as Zelda characters go, I'm really hoping for Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors style Impa. She's really the only other longtime recurring character, plus she has been integral to the overall story. I think she has potential.

DefHalan

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Wolf needs to come back. He was just as requested as Lucas.

I'd take Wolf over Ryu any time.

Same.

I would gladly pay for Wolf, Roy, and Ryu. Why not, might as well add Isaac and K. Rool.

I don't think we should go crazy with the DLC, but there characters will make a lot of people (not everyone) happy.

I do think the metagame won't be able to fully start to develop until thb roster is finished.

That hasn't stopped MOBAs from adopting certain metas. I think DLC Characters are a great place to interrupt meta in games. When one strategy is becoming to popular you release a character that counters that strategy and the meta changes. Also patches allow for meta change without having to develop new content. It all depends on how long they will support the game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

SuperMalleo wrote:

What we need is more Sonic characters. Knuckles may be a good choice.

No, he's too big!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Joeynator3000

We don't need any more Sonic characters, we have enough as it is.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

SuperMalleo wrote:

How about Sonic Boom Sonic?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

retropunky

If any character from the Sonic universe should be considered, it's Tails.

Anyway. I went online last night, kinda late too, and all I encountered were japanese players. That was a first.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

UGXwolf

SuperMalleo wrote:

Until Ryu gets in, I'm sticking by the one-character-per-franchise rule. Besides, the second character will undoubtably be Tails. Don't say he wouldn't do anything, because he could do things. It's not happening, yet.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

Well... if people are going to vote for Shrek and Mickey Mouse.... we may as well try and get this cheeky son of a gun in....

Untitled

Who's with me?

Rexcalibr

Blast

I'm just surprised Metal Sonic and Shadow aren't character choices as costumes for Sonic. Like how Bowser Jr. has Roy and those other guys as interchangeable.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Joeynator3000

Doubt they would add Shadow or make him an alt if he's already an Assist. And don't say Alfonzo, that joke is old. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoFan64

Rexcalibr wrote:

Well... if people are going to vote for Shrek and Mickey Mouse.... we may as well try and get this cheeky son of a gun in....

Untitled

Who's with me?

...Is it wierd that I would legitimately be hyped if that happened? I mean, it never will, and would be pretty stupid, but still.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Ok, fair point. Ralph would probably be animation/cartoon pick number one, leaving Mickey at number two. Animation is STILL extremely low on the list of viable characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

So does Konami's recent actions affect Simon Belmont, Bomberman, and Snake's chances of getting in?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

So does Konami's recent actions affect Simon Belmont, Bomberman, and Snake's chances of getting in?

I doubt its helping their chances.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic