Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,221 to 23,240 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

I feel bad. I downloaded that Codename Steam demo. Played it for like five minutes and I was like, hmm, no.

What's there to feel bad about?

As myself? Not much. As a longtime Nintendo fan, I'm torn.

Smash 64 brought us the main series. While Melee was very much about bringing us characters from games not yet represented while adding characters from Nintendo's main IPs, we didn't really see any real representation from a wholly new franchise until Olimar. I remember him being a big deal. Now we finally have a few new IPs that might see representation in Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5. We got Shulk as our new character from Xenoblade and Villager already in the game. Nintendo are now pushing new IPs more than they were. Splatoon, Codename Steam, and The Wonderful 101 could all see representation of some kind (beyond trophies).

I want to support Nintendo, I just did not get Codename Steam at all.

Eh. To each their own. I liked Codename Steam (even if it was a pain at times...), but still, I'm not sure if I'd want a character appearing in Smash. I'd rather have someone like the Inkling (who we're sort of getting) or Wonder Red.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

I feel bad. I downloaded that Codename Steam demo. Played it for like five minutes and I was like, hmm, no.

Smash 64 brought us the main series. While Melee was very much about bringing us characters from games not yet represented while adding characters from Nintendo's main IPs, we didn't really see any real representation from a wholly new franchise until Olimar. I remember him being a big deal. Now we finally have a few new IPs that might see representation in Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5. We got Shulk as our new character from Xenoblade and Villager already in the game. Nintendo are now pushing new IPs more than they were. Splatoon, Codename Steam, and The Wonderful 101 could all see representation of some kind (beyond trophies).

Eh. I didn't like the Codename Steam demo either. Never bought the game. I don't feel bad about it though.

I never played The Wonderful 101. I want to, but I just moved to a new apt and don't even have a TV, but I think Wonder Red would be a great addition. I hope they make a sequel to increase his chances.

The Splatoon demo has been getting amazing feedback. If it performs well the inkling are a shoo-in for Smash 5.

Edit. Yes I realize I forgot that Wii Fit Trainer was new IP representation. I seem to have a problem remembering she's on the roster.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

veeflames

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

Eh. I didn't like the Codename Steam demo either. Never bought the game. I don't feel bad about it though.

I never played The Wonderful 101. I want to, but I just moved to a new apt and don't even have a TV, but I think Wonder Red would be a great addition. I hope they make a sequel to increase his chances.

The Splatoon demo has been getting amazing feedback. If it performs well the inkling are a shoo-in for Smash 5.

Well... if there IS one...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TeeJay

@VeeFlamesNL Of course there will be one what kind of comment is that

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

Well... if there IS one...

I see that argument, but since Smash 4 is one of the current generations biggest sellers, and Sakurai himself said he expects the series to continue after him, I'm going to go forward assuming there will be.

It is common in Japanese culture for a senior staff member to personally train and prepare their replacement/protoge, so going by Sakurai's words I'm thinking we will see another one, even if it is quite different from Sakurai's style.

veeflames

TeeJay wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL Of course there will be one what kind of comment is that

Well, I was just thinking about what Sakurai was saying about "sequelization," and what he's doing with DLC and what not. And the stress of making such a game.
If there is a Smash 5, I don't think it will be Sakurai directing the game.

God first.

veeflames

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I see that argument, but since Smash 4 is one of the current generations biggest sellers, and Sakurai himself said he expects the series to continue after him, I'm going to go forward assuming there will be.

It is common in Japanese culture for a senior staff member to personally train and prepare their replacement/protoge, so going by Sakurai's words I'm thinking we will see another one, even if it is quite different from Sakurai's style.

I get your point. I just think Sakurai is really stressed out and not getting the appreciation he deserves. Again, I think a potential Smash 5 would have another director.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

JunkosBoobies

@Tsuchinoko: Melee HD perhaps? ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nah, but seriously, if there's a next Smash not made by Sakurai, hopefully it'll be just as good as current Smash games, if not better. Hopefully it'll get a good competitive following too, like current Smash games.

So, what gets you guys salty when playing Smash? Just brought this up as it's kinda a good way to vent, I guess. I have an entire list.

• People who taunt/teabag excessively. Especially if they're better than me or when I SD by accident with a character that has a crappy recovery (Ness, Little Mac, Ganondorf, DK, Dr. Mario, etc.). It's one thing to taunt once, but being a complete ***hole is another.
  • When I lose but feel like I messed up. If I lose fairly, it's fine, but I don't like losing unfairly.
  • People being cheap. Especially if it makes me lose a stock. As I said, it's okay to fairly lose a stock, but cheaply taking a stock is a no-no.
  • Spammers on For Glory. Arrow, Arrow, Arrow, Arrow, Arrow, You get the point I'll stop now, Arrow...
  • People saying ______ is OP. Like, really guys. Meta Knight in Brawl was OP. Little Mac is not. Now shut up. Hate to be a ****, but it's the truth.
  • People on FG who have the audacity to change their nametags to something insulting. Like, USUK, Anything that's racist, Anything that's sexist, Anything that's a disease, Any curse word that may be used to insult you, you get the point.

So yeah. Feels so good to get all that out there.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I get your point. I just think Sakurai is really stressed out and not getting the appreciation he deserves. Again, I think a potential Smash 5 would have another director.

I don't remember the exact words, but Sakurai made a statement that this either is his last Smash game, or is most likely his last Smash game. Nintendo has slowly been bringing in the new blood. Iwata even has that new co-host for the Directs.

Anyway, the assumption is that this is Sakurai's farewell tour, and the next Smash is going to be someone new, or a Team Smash, which I think would be better.

Inkling

Untitled

Supposedly this guy found hints to Banjo Kazooie in the Javascript for the site. Most likely fake, from the date in the code (3/2015).

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Tsuchinoko

Inkling wrote:

Untitled

Supposedly this guy found hints to Banjo Kazooie in the Javascript for the site. Most likely fake, from the date in the code (3/2015).

No idea how that stuff works, though I should learn since it would pad out my resume.

I dunno. There's a lot of people that want them, but it feels a bit early to see actual work done on a ballot character. Like, after a month I think they'd have an idea, but particularly with a non-veteran the would have to plan and storyboard and program and all that. Having stuff on the site, even hidden from the public seems a bit far fetched.

Joeynator3000

Smash 5 will happen, but not anytime soon. Even then, we don't even know if Sakurai will continue developing the series. Then again he probably will.
@Tsuchinoko: Actually, I think Sakurai said he just treats each Smash game as if it's his last. I dunno if he said if this was going to actually be his last one, though.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

baron123

Hi,everyone,i am a new here...

baron123

Tsuchinoko

Megumi wrote:

Smash 5 will happen, but not anytime soon. Even then, we don't even know if Sakurai will continue developing the series. Then again he probably will.
@Tsuchinoko: Actually, I think Sakurai said he just treats each Smash game as if it's his last. I dunno if he said if this was going to actually be his last one, though.

I specifically remember him saying that in an interview, and Nintendolife even did a write-up on it.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/masahiro_sakurai_adm...

This is what I was remembering. Its not 100% definite, but seems close. I think its better if he officially passes the duty on to a younger developer(s). It would ensure the future of the series if he personally prepared the next developing team for the task.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

Megumi wrote:

He didn't technically say either one of those. He said that Melee was supposed to be the last one. He also said that Brawl was supposed to be the last one. This time, he pointed out that he had no doubts there would be another one. He only said he didn't know if he'd be on the team or if he even wants to be.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

I just had a thought about character variation dlc (this might have been mentioned earlier at one point). Sure not every character needs one, but characters like Ganondorf and pitto should. and at the same time keeping the original characters while playing as new variations. what are you guys think about this?

Ps. Sorry if this isn't High School material, I did this post on my phone

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I just had a thought about character variation dlc (this might have been mentioned earlier at one point). Sure not every character needs one, but characters like Ganondorf and pitto should. and at the same time keeping the original characters while playing as new variations. what are you guys think about this?

So like, new customs?

Nintendo6400

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

So like, new customs?

No just reworking a character to give him/her a new move set while keeping the old one. For example. Dark pit A is the pit clone, while Dark pit B uses a whole new set of moves that feature his staff. Ganondorf B could use a sword an play cover to the Zelda games.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

DreamyViridi

Ha. Wow, I just realised it's been almost a month since Club Nintendo gave out those "codes" for Mewtwo. Was so occupied with Smash 3DS and university that I forgot about the spare Wii U code that I had. He's been on sale for a good bit so chances are everybody already has him but... does anybody still want the free Mewtwo code?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic