Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 28,771

Mickey

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

when a normal gamer think of nintendo do they think peach or do they think Mr.G&W

... I'm fairly certain I could counter that, (maybe I couldn't but that's not the point) but I know you're just gonna think of some other reason why Mr. Game & Watch won't be in the game, so I'm just gonna pull out before things get messy.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

KiDasharus wrote:

@SleepingMudkip What about King K. Rool, Little Mac, Wart, Viridi, Magnus, Palutena, Lucina, Dillon, Shulk, or anyone else people have been begging for?

1.who is king...whatever 2.little mac ok he might be in there but nintendo said fighter characters dont fit in SSB 3.wart really 4.viridi...she like 10 years old 5.magnus yah he might 6.palutena i dont think so 7.lucina ehhh maybe 8.dillon i dont think so his art style might hold him back... 9.send me more i will evaluate them.

Doesn't matter what you think alone, it matters what the fans altogether think, sometimes. Mega Man is there party because of the fans, you know. That's what the fans are asking for. My point is, Chrom is not "the only one left they could add".

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

KiDasharus wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

KiDasharus wrote:

@SleepingMudkip What about King K. Rool, Little Mac, Wart, Viridi, Magnus, Palutena, Lucina, Dillon, Shulk, or anyone else people have been begging for?

1.who is king...whatever 2.little mac ok he might be in there but nintendo said fighter characters dont fit in SSB 3.wart really 4.viridi...she like 10 years old 5.magnus yah he might 6.palutena i dont think so 7.lucina ehhh maybe 8.dillon i dont think so his art style might hold him back... 9.send me more i will evaluate them.

Doesn't matter what you think alone, it matters what the fans altogether think, sometimes. Mega Man is there party because of the fans, you know. That's what the fans are asking for. My point is, Chrom is not "the only one left they could add".

Im not thinking of me alone im thinking of art style,how they would fight,how they fit in with other characters i said chrom was the only choice off the top of my head plus, im sorry i dont spend a day making a list of SSB chracters and as you seen above their were other characters i considered plus Fans been asking for different things for years and do they come nooo... they also pick characters by hype such as toon link making hype for WWHD.... snap snap

Xander my husband...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

Wait, one last thing. How hyped are you for Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, or Mega Man? How hyped are you for Wind Waker HD? How hyped are were for for Path of Radiance when Brawl came out? What about Kid Icarus? Your hype point is invalid.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I thought Toon Link wouldn't make the cut, because he's on the train level in the 3DS version.

I'm kinda hoping Link from Majoras Mask happens. He could just switch masks to turn into his Deku, Goron, and Zora forms, then turn into Fierce Deity as his final smash.

Since Toon Link is back, I'd say Majora's Mask Link should definitely happen.

There's no way we're getting 3 forms of link. I think this pretty much proves Sakurai's statement about clones getting some more originality to be untrue. This is just so unnecessary it hurts.

I agree. Clones look like they're gonna happen, regardless.

That's exactly my point why they should add MM Link now. MM Link would arguably add alot more to the game with his various mask forms in comparison to Toon Link.

EDIT: Honestly, which would you rather have, MM Link(assuming he has the masks) or Toon Link?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Lol, I'm putting more faith in a Brawl mod than Smash 4 now, lol.

That's very sad and pathetic.

And it will look even more so a year from now.

I call BS. Smash Bros. 4 is 100% going to better. It already is 100% better just based on what little we've seen so far.

If you really want a mod for whatever reason, at least wait until the new one, THEN start thinking about things most would deem unnecessary.

It's just like how people seriously ask for Goku and One Piece characters. It should be beyond obvious it's not gonna happen, yet people are surprised and/or sad that it won't.

It would be like asking if the sun's gonna come up tommorow. You already know it's gonna.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Sleepingmudkip

SCAR392 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Lol, I'm putting more faith in a Brawl mod than Smash 4 now, lol.

That's very sad and pathetic.

And it will look even more so a year from now.

I call BS. Smash Bros. 4 is 100% going to better. It already is 100% better just based on what little we've seen so far.

If you really want a mod for whatever reason, at least wait until the new one, THEN start thinking about things most would deem unnecessary.

It's just like how people seriously ask for Goku and One Piece characters. It should be beyond obvious it's not gonna happen, yet people are surprised and/or sad that it won't.

It would be like asking if the sun's gonna come up tommorow. You already know it's gonna.

Preach it

Xander my husband...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

So if it's one thing I learned today, it's that half of all Smash Bros fans are drama queens. I've read so many comments of people who instantly lost faith in Smash Bros just because of Toon Link... it's pathetic. Any little thing that people don't like, they just seem to go bezerk. Like they did when they were upset over the outlines in the 3DS version, give me a break, it's not the end of the world.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SCRAPPER392

If anything, I'd say adding a "clone" character gives more hope that they'll just add the whole Nintendo crew.

I'm was pretty sure the "20-30" character goal was how many they wanted to add, relatively close to the 35(39 if you count transforms) from Brawl.

Plus, Namco is working on this. If you look at their Dragonball fighting games, they put every single variation of every character they can possibly think of before shipping out the game.

They're probably whipping out models of every character in question in no time.

I'd say Toon Link's return is a sign that they have plenty of time on hand for arguably low priority character choices, in otherwords.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Happy_Mask

@Scar without a doubt MM link, he actually could have a different flipping moveset from the other link, unlike the Felix cat clock we're stuck with.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

Just goes to show that gamers can quite the whiney bunch sometimes (scratch that, make that most of the time), but it goes with the territory I suppose.

In any case, I don't buy Sakurai's initial statement of a Brawl-sized or smaller roster. The expectations are far too great, and the series is known for its ever expanding character selection, so it would be an utterly foolish move to limit the number to that of a previous gen game (or worse yet make it smaller).

I understand Sakurai's reasoning for a small roster (balance), but there are just too many choices to limit the count to Brawl's 35. Even if the number only jumps to 40 characters, it would still be an improvement.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Captain_Toad

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So if it's one thing I learned today, it's that half of all Smash Bros fans are drama queens. I've read so many comments of people who instantly lost faith in Smash Bros just because of Toon Link... it's pathetic. Any little thing that people don't like, they just seem to go bezerk. Like they did when they were upset over the outlines in the 3DS version, give me a break, it's not the end of the world.

Heh, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. There will be always "those" kind of people. I'm just worried about Toon Link's cheap air down+a in Brawl makin it from Smash 4.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

K964

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Sleepingmudkip

K964 wrote:

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

omg sonic with lost world,a pokemon with X and Y, and pac man with Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Xander my husband...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

KingDunsparce

K964 wrote:

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

Yeah, you would think Peach would be with Mario 3D World, but maybe they have something to announce related to DKC or something else Mario or even a newcomer around that time. Or I'm just being too optimistic.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
...

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

SCRAPPER392

CapnPancakes wrote:

You have to remember though, they still have to fir everything onto the 3DS cartridge, so it's not implausible that we might get a roster the size of Brawl's or even a little smaller.

Even if the game is 8GB on 3DS, it shouldn't really be a problem.

SD cards are pretty small. I would guess that it wouldn't be that hard to fit at even 32 GB worth of game on a 3DS cartridge, which is a bigger piece of tech.

Now, I have no clue how a 3DS cart actually works(why it's proprietary, I mean), but fitting 32GB on a 3DS game card, and the 3DS being able to read it all at once if it needs to shouldn't be a problem.

This is just going based off of how memory is read to begin with. The 3DS(or anything, really) is never accessing the entirety of an SD card all at once.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic