Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

I for one am glad to see Toon Link back. Sure, he didn't need to return, but he's one of my favorites in Brawl. And yeah, as far as we know, he's still a clone. Clone or not, I do enjoy him as a character. Besides, what's stopping his moveset from changing a bit? We already know that Peach's moves may not be final, so what about Toon Link's? Still plenty of time.....

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Snagrio

CaptainCharlie wrote:

As long as Captain Falcon gets in (which he will).

Of course he will. Captain Falcon is the face, no, the EMBODIMENT of Smash Bros. The biggest mistake Sakurai could make is not including him. u_u

Now to add the conversation at hand, Sakurai did mention at Peach's reveal that moves shown in the PotDs (Pic of the Day) may or may not be final. For example DK is incredibly strong right now, but will be toned down by release day so he won't be OP.

So with this in mind, TL might get some changes to his moveset later down the line, even if they are minor (just look at Luigi).

However this does bring up a concerning question. If the team are still deciding movesets of existing characters that we are aware of, how truly far in development are these games? I've been expecting a late in the year release (November/December) ever since I saw the 2014 slapped at the end of the E3 trailer, but now I highly suspect that they'll miss the next year mark entirely, especially given Sakurai's tendency to delay for perfection.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

JoyBoy

WingedFish wrote:

Of course he will. Captain Falcon is the face, no, the EMBODIMENT of Smash Bros. The biggest mistake Sakurai could make is not including him. u_u

I do agree with this, but I fear he won't join. Yikes! The horror.... He does seem to get irrelevant though, with the exception of the nintendoland mini game.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Snagrio

Longforgotten wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I do agree with this, but I fear he won't join. Yikes! The horror.... He does seem to get irrelevant though, with the exception of the nintendoland mini game.

ROB is pretty darn irrelevant now, yet he was in Brawl. Same can be said for Mr. G&W

Snagrio

Snagrio

Please Sakurai? It makes too much sense. Not to mention with a staff, which would be a new weapon in the SSB franchise, she could have quite a unique moveset.
Untitled

Also I found this funny "codec" between Pit and Palutena regarding Lucina on DeviantArt.

Pit: Marth, what happened to your voice?! And what's with the crazy long hairdo?

Palutena: Oh Pit, that's not Marth you're fighting. It's actually his descendant, Lucina.

Pit: Woah, I was getting bit terrified there. How more feminine Marth can become? Gee...

Palutena: But she puts up a good fight.

Pit: You said so. Very fierce yet swift. It's like she's going all lightningspeed!

Palutena: Her dad, Chrom teached her all those moves when she was young... before his death one day as he tried to defeat nemesis.
Lucina swore to change the future and with an aid of a mysterious, divine force, was able to travel back in time, hopefully reversing the cruel events that her doomed future held.

Pit: Woaaahhh, Time travel! I've been interested on that very much! With that, my hamburgers and ice cream wouldn't then end so quickly. And maybe... I'd travel back in time and make myself popular again much earlier than before. Yeah.

Naga: (sternly) That I cannot provide, for angel like you with such a selfish needs.it

Pit: Ah! That was... harsh!

Palutena: You heard her. You've got appreciate what you already have. Not to mention that time travel is a very serious business.

Pit: Awww...

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

DreamyViridi

@WingedFish - If that doesn't happen, I'm blaming you for jinxing it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

kkslider5552000

WingedFish wrote:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

Agreed. There's no way anyone from the original Smash Bros would (or should) be left out.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

Agreed. There's no way anyone from the original Smash Bros would (or should) be left out.

And that includes Jigglypuff too, who a lot of people don't like, but she is guaranteed to return because of Pokemon X and Y as well as the original veteran. I don't understand the hate for her. I think if used correctly, she could pack quite a punch.

I've always been okay with Jigglypuff being a part of the series, neither hating nor loving her. She's always been just sort of there to me, but of course it wouldn't be the same if she got cut.

Snagrio

OdnetninAges

WingedFish wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

And that includes Jigglypuff too, who a lot of people don't like, but she is guaranteed to return because of Pokemon X and Y as well as the original veteran. I don't understand the hate for her. I think if used correctly, she could pack quite a punch.

I've always been okay with Jigglypuff being a part of the series, neither hating nor loving her. She's always been just sort of there to me, but of course it wouldn't be the same if she got cut.

I agree. I personally don't use her a whole lot, but it wouldn't feel right if she didn't return.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

OdnetninAges

So, do you guys think Ness and Captain Falcon will be unlockable again, or do you think they might already be playable from the start this time, like in Melee?

I have a sneaking suspicion that they might be available from the beginning.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Grodus

WingedFish wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

I don't hate Jigglypuff itself, I just hate playing as it. That doesn't mean I want it, or Peach, or Kirby removed! (I don't know how I manage to suck with kirby, but I do, OK?)

I am Grodus. I will kidnap YOUR princess for the Shadow Queen, too!

Happy_Mask

We need wonder red in smash bros.
Untitled
Also we should get Medusa instead of Palutena. We get both a female and a villain in there, and best of all she has enough character and potential moves to make her actually be a well rounded character. Oh, or Hades. Hades is more entertaining, and has even more potential moves.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Happy_Mask

I still wish he would be in this entry, though I thoroughly doubt it since they announced Link's personal mini me when WW HD released, and when W101 released we saw no wonder red.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

cookiex

So will we see a new character today or not? Place your bets.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JoyBoy

OdnetninAges wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

I agree. I personally don't use her a whole lot, but it wouldn't feel right if she didn't return.

I also don't understand the hate for her, but it's there, the hate that is. And it really wouldn't be same if she got cut, it would be better.
And yes it would feel great if she didn't return, sort of like a falcon punch in her FACE!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Romeo

cookiex wrote:

So will we see a new character today or not? Place your bets.

why would we? is something happening today? (aside from the Nintendo Direct which focuses on 2013 titles)

Romeo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic