Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,161 to 23,180 of 27,917

yokokazuo

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Is there any way to counter FG Ness's? They use the same ****ing strategy every time I fight against them, and it gets annoying.

(Basically, what they do is PK Fire, Down Throw, side air, and PK Thunder sometimes of course)
(Btw, this is coming from someone who mains Ness. I do not think Ness is OP but I think he can be annoying to deal with.)

My cousin and I ended up facing so many of those in Team For Glory yesterday... (Almost every other match we would face at least one Ness, also since it is teams it may be a bit different though)
Our main's are Marth and Ike so for PK Fire we would usually try to jump over and attack them and counter some of his air moves and PK Thunder when he launched himself (which usually gets us a KO because of the power). Another thing we did was dual Wario and just ride our bikes across the stage haha. It usually works for most people and sometimes one of us would bite or grab one of them while the other does a wheelie attack to finish them.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

OCTAGON

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Is there any way to counter FG Ness's? They use the same ****ing strategy every time I fight against them, and it gets annoying.

(Basically, what they do is PK Fire, Down Throw, side air, and PK Thunder sometimes of course)
(Btw, this is coming from someone who mains Ness. I do not think Ness is OP but I think he can be annoying to deal with.)

Try air dodging PK Fire and read what Ness does. That's all I can say.

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

TeeJay

yokokazuo wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

My cousin and I ended up facing so many of those in Team For Glory yesterday... (Almost every other match we would face at least one Ness, also since it is teams it may be a bit different though)
Our main's are Marth and Ike so for PK Fire we would usually try to jump over and attack them and counter some of his air moves and PK Thunder when he launched himself (which usually gets us a KO because of the power). Another thing we did was dual Wario and just ride our bikes across the stage haha. It usually works for most people and sometimes one of us would bite or grab one of them while the other does a wheelie attack to finish them.

Funny how the Wario bike thing is exactly what we were complaining about n the previous page

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

I have to admit... when I know the players are that bad in For Glory I just troll them with the Wario bike... it's hilarious when they don't know how to counter the bike.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

yokokazuo

TeeJay wrote:

yokokazuo wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Funny how the Wario bike thing is exactly what we were complaining about n the previous page

Oh haha, didn't realize that. I only do it for fun sometimes and don't just constantly use Wario.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Kai_

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Nayru's Love. Ruins PK Fire anyway. Or just go Rosa and get them offstage and eat their thunder when they try to recover.

TeeJay wrote:

You're just a Wario apologist

Maybe He's just so much fun to play.

Nintendo6400 wrote:

No, villager players spam the slingshot like it's his only move. I really wish he didn't have 2 slingshot moves.

Yeah that too, especially near ledges.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

DreamyViridi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I have to admit... when I know the players are that bad in For Glory I just troll them with the Wario bike... it's hilarious when they don't know how to counter the bike.

...I do too for Wario in general. I'm a jerk for doing so; I know, but there's just something about using Wario to troll such players and laugh at 'em.

For some reason, the Youtube tag doesn't work for me... This is it, right?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

So basically everyone spams Wario's bike. And here I thought NL had a great Smash community.

Packs bags

Shame, really.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

So basically everyone spams Wario's bike. And here I thought NL had a great Smash community.

Packs bags

Shame, really.

Whoah man, I wouldn't in a serious match. I just the bike more as a defensive tool when it comes up to serious matches. I also never really ride on bikes in serious matches, about rarely to never.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Sample_Text

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

My little brother is a Ness spammer, so a have lots of experience to say the least. I find that they are really easy to bait, so play defensively and wait for an opportunity, then punish them into a situation they cant deal with because all they do is spam.

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

Rexcalibr

Been playing Mortal Kombat X but getting back into SSB4 now. I noticed Rosetta and Chico aren't as over powered as they used to be. Maybe it's just my imagination or the patch, but one strong hit will blow him away and knock him out now

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

TeeJay wrote:

Packs bags

Shame, really.

Don't let the door hit you when you leave.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Gridatttack

So I just got a hold of the Music CDs

Im surprised to see Mario Paint Medley in the tracklist, considering how its currently not possible to hear it ATM.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Nintendo6400

I just realized something about King K. Rool. He lost his tail and his crown shrunk.. If King K makes the roster, I hope they bring back his tail along with a bigger crown.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

TeeJay

@Nintendo6400 Did you bring that up because of the new Smashified video or is this a coincidence?

Nintendo6400

TeeJay wrote:

@Nintendo6400 Did you bring that up because of the new Smashified video or is this a coincidence?

Ya. Plus I've been playing a lot of dk lately

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MegaMari0

I've shielded PK Fire or used a reflector/cape against somebody like that. I usually do a lot of jumping when facing a ness player. The jumping screws with them. When they miss you punish with an Fair/Nair. Projectiles also keep them from using it too often. I main megaman and his Crashbomber/metal blade work wonders. Word of warning/help Crash bomber explosion can be absorbed by ness IF they know about it.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Joeynator3000

Why they no Smashify Xiao Pai?! TwT lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

You know, I have a feeling that Sakurai and the dev team could probably choose which characters will be the Ballot Picks now and it wouldn't make much of a difference. I honestly don't expect the votes to sway from the same group of characters (King K Rool, Inkling, Isaac, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Wonder Red, Banjo & Kazooie, Bomberman, and Bayonetta). I think that group will remain the popular choices throughout the duration of the ballot. I'd be shocked if some other character was chosen.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

Again, I'm certain they're not going to just look at the most popular suggestions.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic