Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,021 to 23,040 of 27,917

MsJubilee

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TwilightAngel Whew. So... I clearly need more training with Duck Hunt against Zeldas... not that Duck Hunt is my best main...
Good games, though! My fakeouts didn't work, did they? XD

Sorry i had to leave so early and first off you're amazing with Kirby got bodied in the first match second eh. And good Duck Hunt matches as well,only thing that bothered me how much you were rolling. Rolling like a mad man either way they were fun have to practice against kirby's i guess.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

I'd love to play you guys, but work. Maybe a few matches at 6 (Central) or so? But it'll have to be pretty limited. UGXwolf on NNID, let me know if you're interested and available at that time!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

TwilightAngel wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TwilightAngel Whew. So... I clearly need more training with Duck Hunt against Zeldas... not that Duck Hunt is my best main...
Good games, though! My fakeouts didn't work, did they? XD

Sorry i had to leave so early and first off you're amazing with Kirby got bodied in the first match second eh. And good Duck Hunt matches as well,only thing that bothered me how much you were rolling. Rolling like a mad man either way they were fun have to practice against kirby's i guess.

Yeah, I figured that, too. Even in one of our matches(the last one, I believe) when I rolled to the edge of the stage and threw a disc, I was seriously asking myself, "Why am I rolling and camping so much?!" But whatever. There's next time. Oh, and you definitely know your way with Zelda. Sweet!
@UGXWolf I figure I want to get into a lot of friendly-competitive matches before Monday, so maybe I'll fight with you. I just hope I remember...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Azooooz

DreamyViridi wrote:

For Glory can get me rather salty sometimes. A lot of people seem to leave after they win one match; and particularly if I was playing badly; that sometimes leaves me a little annoyed. I'd end up shouting in my mind "Come back and fight me, coward!". Sad, I know but I learn from losing matches and the desire to win against 'em builds with each loss...

This is exactly what I'm through now. I wanted to have a rematch against them, but they quit. It's so annoying that I want to trash talk them via telepathy (I know it's impossible).

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MsJubilee

Azooooz wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

For Glory can get me rather salty sometimes. A lot of people seem to leave after they win one match; and particularly if I was playing badly; that sometimes leaves me a little annoyed. I'd end up shouting in my mind "Come back and fight me, coward!". Sad, I know but I learn from losing matches and the desire to win against 'em builds with each loss...

This is exactly what I'm through now. I wanted to have a rematch against them, but they quit. It's so annoying that I want to trash talk them via telepathy (I know it's impossible).

Well sometimes people leave cause maybe you're a bad player or there's lag. That's why i leave in the first match with someone at least. (And i'm not saying you guys are bad players,just saying that's two reasons people leave after the first match.)

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Nintendo6400

TwilightAngel wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Well sometimes people leave cause maybe you're a bad player or there's lag. That's why i leave in the first match with someone at least. (And i'm not saying you guys are bad players,just saying that's two reasons people leave after the first match.)

I try giving people at least 3 matches, unless there's lag. If I left every first match, then I wouldn't of had some of the best matches I've ever had. Just be cause they suck the first match don't mean they will the second.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MsJubilee

Nintendo6400 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I try giving people at least 3 matches, unless there's lag. If I left every first match, then I wouldn't of had some of the best matches I've ever had. Just be cause they suck the first match don't mean they will the second.

What makes you say that? I faced many people who sucked the first match and then in the second they were even worse. So yeah that's why i leave i want to win against someone who's trying and know's what there doing. Not beat a guy who's just there to mess around and i do a best 2 out of 3 matches with people no more no less except for the two reason i said right now.

veeflames

TwilightAngel wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

What makes you say that? I faced many people who sucked the first match and then in the second they were even worse. So yeah that's why i leave i want to win against someone who's trying and know's what there doing. Not beat a guy who's just there to mess around and i do a best 2 out of 3 matches with people no more no less except for the two reason i said right now.

Yeah, but I'd have to contradict a bit. I faced what I presume was another Kirby main this morning. In our first match, I didn't play well and lost. Then in our second match... I beat him silly. Or thrashed him badly. I beat him so bad, he left immediately we returned to the room. Imagine if he left the first time. He wouldn't have known the truth that he needed practice, or he'd be blind to my skill.
ahem What I'm saying is that fighters shouldn't make quick conclusions about the skill of their opponents. Take time to fight another two or three matches... or so. Of course, there are other reasons why opponents leave quickly... after all, they do have to leave sometime, don't they?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

TeeJay

Tarrazu wrote:

People will learn your patterns and whatnot during the first match. After knowing your patterns, they can adapt, thus playing better. This is why the first match is generally not a clear reflection of their true skill.

This is true. Now I wonder just how accurate tournaments are in determining the best player

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

Tarrazu wrote:

People will learn your patterns and whatnot during the first match. After knowing your patterns, they can adapt, thus playing better. This is why the first match is generally not a clear reflection of their true skill.

This is true... I faced a Kirby that used down special only, so I decided to just use falcon punch... Easiest and most spammy pattern ever lol. I literally beat him with just falcon punch.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

@Tarrazu and @VeeFlamesNL Great responses you two,guess i was to quick to judge someone skills in one match.

DreamyViridi

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

What I'm saying is that fighters shouldn't make quick conclusions about the skill of their opponents. Take time to fight another two or three matches... or so. Of course, there are other reasons why opponents leave quickly... after all, they do have to leave sometime, don't they?

This is true. We don't exactly know our opponents IRL. For all we know, their house phone might be ringing or something. Most of the time, except in cases of lag, I assume otherwise though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

DreamyViridi wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

What I'm saying is that fighters shouldn't make quick conclusions about the skill of their opponents. Take time to fight another two or three matches... or so. Of course, there are other reasons why opponents leave quickly... after all, they do have to leave sometime, don't they?

This is true. We don't exactly know our opponents IRL. For all we know, their house phone might be ringing or something. Most of the time, except in cases of lag, I assume otherwise though.

Exactly. Something may have come up, prompting the opponent to leave even if he didn't want to.

God first.

CapeSmash

BlackSpy wrote:

What I'm about to say may make some people mad, but I mean no offense to anyone, honest.

The reason why I think Ridley wouldn't be good enough for Smash isn't because he doesn't have the potential to be a fighter, I think he does have some potential, but it's because he's just too BLAND of a character. No personality (what's he gonna do for a taunt? Jump up and down and swing his tail? What about victory poses? Generic.) I've seen WAY too many people bellyaching over his exclusion and some even speculate that he will be future DLC. Then why would Sakurai go through all the trouble of making him a stage hazard, with KO points included, then make him DLC? Who will take his place as a stage hazard when Pyrosphere is selected?

Again, I mean no offense to any fan of Ridley, and I'm no comment cop or anything. It's just that, though I'm a big fan of Smash myself, the one thing about it that bugs me is that some will shun other Nintendo IPs and forget that other IPs like Advance Wars and Fossil Fighters even exists as opposed to Fire Emblem or Pokemon. I give high regard for Brawl for getting me into these other Nintendo franchises with the trials and trophies. And now it's come as far as to making troll requests for fancy pants Goku.

You can't make apple juice with lemons, so a bland character who is already a heavily programmed in boss couldn't be made a fighter....IMO at least.

I think he does have potential and wouldn't be bland. But he's just too big. Making him playable in Smash would ruin the character IMO.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintenbomba128

Do you think there will be a SSB Invitational this year?

Nintenbomba128

NintendoFan64

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

It's possible.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

When does Mewtwo release for us second-class citizens again? The 29th? Can't wait.

Also, I haven't really played online since the last update...actually I haven't updated yet. Is Mewtwo online a lot more now?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Possibly, I think it solely depends on how much new content is being announced at E3. If lets say there's 3 new characters, 5 new stages and more then it seems like a reasonable prediction.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic