Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,921 to 22,940 of 27,917

MajinCubyan

Late wrote:

I'm also against characters who originated from manga. Even if Goku would somehow end up at the top of ballet the development team would most likely choose not to include him. It would cause too much uproar among fans. There would be more sad and angry faces than happy faces. I don't think they'd like to lose a lot of fans.

True but you can't blame a guy for trying.

Morpheel wrote:

Probably! It's been at least a decade since the last time I watched DB.

Anyway, I wouldn't be all that against Young Goku appearing, I can accept him.

He's from that period of time before DB became overly convoluted and serious.

Exactly!

Edited on by MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan

Nintendo Network ID: MajinCubyan

Tsuchinoko

Morpheel wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I would rather we keep anime characters out of Smash please and thank you.

Well there's nothing wrong about talking about the subject.

Normally I'd agree with you, but this is the third day in a row that the same topic has dominated discussion here. I don't know if this is our "friend" or not, its just getting a little annoying.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

I do have to say, I'm pleased that this one was approached more seriously, as I was afraid he'd be run off like the rest, when this is a far more deserving argument.

Just to restate my point from the previous topic, I don't think Goku is anywhere near high enough on the list to be taken seriously. Even if we were going to add an animated character, I think Mickey Mouse gets first priority.

I will, however commend this argument as one of the best I've seen as it seeks to resolve the main issues Goku has in getting in.

@Tsuchunoko If it IS the same guy, he's doing a far better job of being civil and has at least provided a real argument, rather than going "no, you're all wrong, Goku WILL get in, and you'll all feel pretty dumb when he does!" This is the first time the topic has been approached critically and not dismissively, so I say we just see where this one goes.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

@tsuchinoko: Well one thing is getting annoyed by insistent closed minded crowd and another is shunning every single person that thinks some random character should get a chance.

Specially since right now, it is in-topic.

Let's not be the insistent closed minded ones.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

That's the thing, as much as I disagree with the topic (and I REALLY disagree) I can't really say much because this time it was brought up with, well, respect. If I say anything right now I'll be the one in the wrong....

I can deal with ludicrous topics being brought up in a close-minded, disrespectful way...what I don't know how to deal with is ludicrous topics being brought up with thoughtfulness and respect....bah

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

MajinCubyan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I would rather we keep anime characters out of Smash please and thank you.

And that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just want Kid Goku. He's been in Nintendo games since the 80's.

Oh my god your comment made me want to punch myself really hard.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MasterWario

If one would like to talk about something else, one would be wise to bring something else up in which to talk about.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

MajinCubyan

On a side note, I think everyone is for the most part being pretty respectful. Not everyone will feel the same way as I do and I doubt I'll see eye to eye with other peoples things. Luckily, this is all for fun. Also, I am not the same guy. I'm a fanboy, but I ain't rabid.

I think it would be pretty cool if they brought Marche from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

MajinCubyan

Undead_terror

Welp it's only a week from today and Mewtwo is out for everyone, next week you will also have the option to buy collection 1 which is Mewtwo and all the current mii DLC, I guess you can also get collection 1 for both versions at once as well...I just wonder what else will come when Lucas comes out, would be nice to know how much DLC will come and how much it will all cost.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

MajinCubyan wrote:

On a side note, I think everyone is for the most part being pretty respectful. Not everyone will feel the same way as I do and I doubt I'll see eye to eye with other peoples things. Luckily, this is all for fun. Also, I am not the same guy. I'm a fanboy, but I ain't rabid.

I think it would be pretty cool if they brought Marche from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Two things:
1. Unlike that other guy, you're really acting rather mature about this (unless you ARE that other guy, if so, you're starting to act mature), and I've gotta say, I like that. It's nice to see someone who doesn't say they want some character in Smash, and then be a big jerk when people disagree with him/her.
2. If there IS a Final Fantasy character added, I'm not sure if it'd be him. Then again, I don't play Final Fantasy, so for all I know he could be very popular with the fanbase and they would pick him because of that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MajinCubyan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

MajinCubyan wrote:

Two things:
1. Unlike that other guy, you're really acting rather mature about this (unless you ARE that other guy, if so, you're starting to act mature), and I've gotta say, I like that. It's nice to see someone who doesn't say they want some character in Smash, and then be a big jerk when people disagree with him/her.
2. If there IS a Final Fantasy character added, I'm not sure if it'd be him. Then again, I don't play Final Fantasy, so for all I know he could be very popular with the fanbase and they would pick him because of that.

Haha, thank you, but I am definitely not that guy.

And I don't think hes got a large fanbase, more of a niche game fur sure. I think he'd be cool just cause all his B attacks could be different job classes.

MajinCubyan

NintendoFan64

Okay, so the mayflash gamecube controller adaptor is available on amazon for 15.75. Should I get it?

TeeJay

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Okay, so the mayflash gamecube controller adaptor is available on amazon for 15.75. Should I get it?

Do you want it?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Do you want it?

Hm...it's been a while...I should probably play Melee again first, and then see if I'm still good with the Gamecube controller.

FriedSquid

So I've heard that Shovel Knight is doing fairly well in the US ballot, being the highest requested indie character so far.

Problem is, he probably doesn't have a shot due to being almost unknown in Japan. But with Japanese localization coming soon, maybe his popularity could take off there, too! I'm not sure how popular indie games are in Japan though, but maybe he could get a boost in votes and increase his chances of being considered.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

IceClimbers

I'm not sure the lack of a Japanese release really hurts the chances of indie characters making it in to Smash. Commander Video got a trophy after all. Of course, there is a difference between a trophy and a fighter.

I do think that if an indie character makes it in, it will be Shantae. I think King K Rool, Isaac, or Inkling has the best chances overall though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Nintenbomba128

What are your Top 10 SSB DLC Characters and Stages?

Nintenbomba128

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic