Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,761 to 22,780 of 27,917

IceClimbers

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

I'm just saying, Shrek is a wayyyyyyyy better candidate than Shovel Knight! We can even have Puss In Boots and he can have a move set similar to Marth's but he'd be faster and smaller let's make it happen Gais

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Puss in Boots was added as a Marth costume in Project M.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Iggly wrote:

Free for All, All items, Palutena's Temple, Villager only.

That's how tournaments should be!

You're damn right that's how tournaments should be! On an unrelated note, since we've run into someone who legitimately wants Goku in, and someone who legitimately wants Shadow in, how long do you think it'll be until we run into someone who legitimately wants Shrek in?

Well never fear that guy is here! Who want's shrek in this game! But wait Shrek was never in this?Then in what gods name have i been using then?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tsuchinoko

TwilightAngel wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Ugh, I just had the worst online session. I played a bunch of one-on-one matches and lost almost all of them. If I didn't win the one 4 player battle I played I'd be feeling really terrible right now.

Don't worry everyone has there bad days online.I know cause i get them.

I also didn't mention that I am one of those victims of the Smash circle pad curse.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

TwilightAngel wrote:

Iggly wrote:

I've got a better idea! Free for All, Certain Items (Super Mushroom, Super Star, Bullet Bill, Lightning, Fire Flower, Bob-omb, Green Shell, Banana Peel, Spiny Shell), Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8), Morton only.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintendo6400

TwilightAngel wrote:

Iggly wrote:

Seriously. I like the competitive community, but honestly they can be really closed minded and limit smash bros. for what it truly is. Why we can't play matches on orbital gate or Poke' floats is just lame. Also it would be fun if we could see special tournaments like Fast Smash or Stamina. Heck why not have a Fast, Heavy, Metal, Sudden death Tourney? I just hope one day the Competitive community gets that creative.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

Villager is lame. Tournaments only need this character:

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gridatttack

The problem with those stages is that its too disruptive and the terrain isnt even.

Poke Floats used to be legal in melee tourneys, but it was eventually banned.

I dont see how dying randomly and cheaply of stage hazard is fun.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Ugh, I just had the worst online session. I played a bunch of one-on-one matches and lost almost all of them. If I didn't win the one 4 player battle I played I'd be feeling really terrible right now.

On for glory Captain Falcon feels so weird to play as, his grab seems to come out really late even in non-laggy matches at all... I can't play him on for glory like that.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Retro_on_theGo

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

On for glory Captain Falcon feels so weird to play as, his grab seems to come out really late even in non-laggy matches at all... I can't play him on for glory like that.

For Glory has a crap ton of input lag which is why Captain's grab really is coming out later than when you pushed the button. It's annoying and why I stopped using it for practice. Adjusting to input lag is really bad.

CapeSmash

IceClimbers wrote:

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

I'm just saying, Shrek is a wayyyyyyyy better candidate than Shovel Knight! We can even have Puss In Boots and he can have a move set similar to Marth's but he'd be faster and smaller let's make it happen Gais

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Puss in Boots was added as a Marth costume in Project M.

Back when I used to mod Project M, I added in a Puss in Boots alt for Marth. LOL

(I also added a Shrek alt for Wario.)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

CapeSmash wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Back when I used to mod Project M, I added in a Puss in Boots alt for Marth. LOL

Nice!

Anyways, those placeholder files suggest five more DLC characters (assuming Mario's actual file is somewhere above), one of which is Lucas, who is already confirmed. Ryu and Roy seem to be two of them, leaving two others. There's a few possibilities for those last two:

1. It could be Wolf and a Ballot pick.
2. Both are Ballot picks, meaning Wolf isn't planned as a pre-Ballot pick character.
3. Neither are Ballot picks, and one of them is Wolf while the other is some other character.
4. Same as #3, but Wolf isn't one of the two.

On option number 3, keep in mind that more placeholder files (and sound files for that matter) can be added in another update, including the upcoming patches that fix the glitches with Mewtwo. They could add a few more placeholder files for Fighter Ballot characters.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

Poor Carl. He needs to take a shower

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

IceClimbers wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Nice!

Anyways, those placeholder files suggest five more DLC characters (assuming Mario's actual file is somewhere above), one of which is Lucas, who is already confirmed. Ryu and Roy seem to be two of them, leaving two others. There's a few possibilities for those last two:

1. It could be Wolf and a Ballot pick.
2. Both are Ballot picks, meaning Wolf isn't planned as a pre-Ballot pick character.
3. Neither are Ballot picks, and one of them is Wolf while the other is some other character.
4. Same as #3, but Wolf isn't one of the two.

On option number 3, keep in mind that more placeholder files (and sound files for that matter) can be added in another update, including the upcoming patches that fix the glitches with Mewtwo. They could add a few more placeholder files for Fighter Ballot characters.

#5 Sakurai put them there just to screw with people.

You can't prove me wrong!

Tsuchinoko

Sakurai needs to send Carl a signed gold Mario amiibo or something.

Cheesehead302

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'm a C. Falcon main and even when I'm playing a session online that has almost zero lag, there is still that little bit of input lag that throws you off every time.

Cheesehead302

Tsuchinoko

NintyMan wrote:

What I also find interesting is that there's possibly 7 DLC stages planned, not counting more to add in future updates.

That seems like a good first step. That would really put a hurting on my wallet, though, if Smash's DLC prices are any indication.

I don't remember reading about 7 dlc stages. I just remember the possible Kirby and Street Fighter stage DLC.

TeeJay

Fountain of Dreams Fountain of Dreams Fountain of Dreams Fountain of Dreams please Fountain of Dreams!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

New Pork City!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic