Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,701 to 22,720 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

So if Ryu is indeed coming to Smash, do you think we'll get another rep from Sega and Namco as well?

I don't know. I doubt we'd get any other guest characters past Ryu if he comes. I could see maybe Klonoa appearing in Smash 5, though.

Even though Mewtwo and Lucas, as well as the ballot and possibly Ryu and Roy, are part of what I call Sakurai's farewell tour, I doubt they'd overdo it on DLC, especially before the ballot character(s). All of the top ballot choices in Japan and most in the west are first party anyway.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

Ryu makes a lot of sense being in the game. If you're going to have some of the most recognizable video game characters of all time (Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic) in a fighting game, then why not have the most recognizable fighting game character of all time in too? It makes perfect sense to me.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LinktotheFuture

I would like to see Toad join the fight.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

IceClimbers

Yeah, I'm not sure if they'd add a second rep for Sega and Namco as DLC outside of the ballot. Well, maybe one from Namco (Klonoa?), since they're co-developing the game as it is, so licensing and rights issues wouldn't be a problem.

That being said, I do wonder what effect the Ryu files and possible confirmation (which I'd assume would be at E3) would have on who people vote for in the ballot. At that point the floodgates are open for more Sega and Namco characters as the whole "only 1 character per 3rd party company" rule (which isn't an actual rule, just something the community came up with) is null and void.

Characters like Klonoa might get a lot more support since people would find it more realistically possible,

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iPunch_Very_Hard

Please pardon the noob question, but how do I unlock Mewtwo and Lucas? I see players using Mewtwo online. I went to the eShop and it was just showing Mii Fighter costumes, is Mewtwo and Lucas free?

Edited on by iPunch_Very_Hard

***KO POWER***

LzWinky

iPunch_Very_Hard wrote:

Please pardon the noob question, but how do I unlock Mewtwo and Lucas? I see players using Mewtwo online.

You had to register both games on Club Nintendo. Otherwise you have to buy him in a week.

Lucas won't be available until June

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

You will be able to purchase mewtwo in some weeks/days.

Lucas is "still in development".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

iPunch_Very_Hard

@TingLz @Morpheel Thank you!! Can't wait to use him. It's kind of unfair to be forced in matches against him when I don't have him. Oh well.

***KO POWER***

veeflames

I see Nights as the next obvious Sega character for Smash Bros. And Klonoa's ears as well as his other abilities give him all sorts of moveset oppurtunities. He should be the next Namco character.
What if Nintendo spread out to other third party characters? Atlus characters? Sq. Enix? Personally, I'd love to see Vice President in Smash... even though that might never happen.

As for Ryu, I agree with @Tarrazu:

"That's actually why he doesn't make sense to me. We have all of these unconventional characters from from franchises that are not even remotely similar to fighting games (aside from Little Mac, who doesn't fit either, IMO), then suddenly Ryu? I just can't see him fitting in with the Smash cast.

I'm not necessarily saying he shouldn't be a fighter in Sm4sh--though I'd rather him not be--I'm saying that I don't think being from a fighting game makes him "fit" any more than other characters; if anything it makes him fit less."
The fact that Ryu is the star of a very popular fighting game series makes him a bit of a no-no, IMO.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blast

The only good thing about Ryu joining is that it might mean the Wii U is getting some Street Fighter action.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure if they'd add a second rep for Sega and Namco as DLC outside of the ballot. Well, maybe one from Namco (Klonoa?), since they're co-developing the game as it is, so licensing and rights issues wouldn't be a problem.

That being said, I do wonder what effect the Ryu files and possible confirmation (which I'd assume would be at E3) would have on who people vote for in the ballot. At that point the floodgates are open for more Sega and Namco characters as the whole "only 1 character per 3rd party company" rule (which isn't an actual rule, just something the community came up with) is null and void.

Characters like Klonoa might get a lot more support since people would find it more realistically possible,

I honestly don't think it would change too much. There's been the same ten or fifteen characters getting large numbers of votes, while anything else is spread too far thin. Unless there was a huge, well organized campaign for a specific character, people voting for Sega or Namco characters, none of who have the iconic status of Ryu or the third party characters we already have, would cancel each other out if people vote for different characters from those companies. They wouldn't reach the number of votes that the current leading characters have.

iPunch_Very_Hard

Forget Sega.

I want Goku. (or Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, or even Krillen)

***KO POWER***

iPunch_Very_Hard

Will Nintendo ban me for changing my name to "LOL" or "LMAO" or "HAHAHA" after an online match, during the character select screen?

I've seen people change their name to mean stuff like that... Do these people get banned?

Edited on by Eel

***KO POWER***

Tsuchinoko

iPunch_Very_Hard wrote:

Will Nintendo ban me for changing my name to "LOL" or "LMAO" or "HAHAHA" after an online match, during the character select screen?

That's a...very specific question.

TeeJay

iPunch_Very_Hard wrote:

Forget Sega.

I want Goku. (or Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, or even Krillen)

Oh...you're one of them.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

iPunch_Very_Hard

TeeJay wrote:

Oh...you're one of them.

What? A fan who wants to see an anime icon in Smash Bros.? That's not a bad thing. Knock it off. So many people's heads will explode if Nintendo puts a Saiyan in SSB4. There would be so many attack options they have to choose from. It's a no-brainer.

***KO POWER***

UGXwolf

iPunch_Very_Hard wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Oh...you're one of them.

What? A fan who wants to see an anime icon in Smash Bros.? That's not a bad thing. Knock it off. So many people's heads will explode if Nintendo puts a Saiyan in SSB4. There would be so many attack options they have to choose from. It's a no-brainer.

Aside from the painfully obvious fact that he's not a video game character, can fly without limitations, and would be horrendously OP, there are other animation icons I'd slip in before even considering anime characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

iPunch_Very_Hard wrote:

@Tsuchinoko That's a non-answer.

You've clearly thought about this a lot, so why don't you try it out. If Nintendo bans you then you have your answer.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic