Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,601 to 22,620 of 27,917

Undead_terror

IceClimbers wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

He wouldn't. I think a lot of people draw this conclusion because they're both fighters that do a lot of punching (and kicking, in Ryu's case) so they'd logically need to be up close and personal to do any serious damage, but Ryu would actually have some air game, a decent recovery or two, and a projectile attack. Their final smashes would be similar, though. Dark or light Ryu? Hmmm... I would say dark so he could finish it off with the Raging Demon, but light could work, too.

I don't think they will be clones, but I think Ryu would have better ground play than air but his air would still be better than Little Macs. I just think they will be similar, not a clone.

So like Wolf in comparison to Fox or (this is stretching it, but whatever) Mewtwo to Lucario.

Mewtwo and Lucario have one similar move...ONE OF THEM IS A CLONE, and we ain't talking about Mewtwo being a genetic mutant clone, might as well say Samus is a clone as well since she got a charge blast.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

He wouldn't. I think a lot of people draw this conclusion because they're both fighters that do a lot of punching (and kicking, in Ryu's case) so they'd logically need to be up close and personal to do any serious damage, but Ryu would actually have some air game, a decent recovery or two, and a projectile attack. Their final smashes would be similar, though. Dark or light Ryu? Hmmm... I would say dark so he could finish it off with the Raging Demon, but light could work, too.

I don't think they will be clones, but I think Ryu would have better ground play than air but his air would still be better than Little Macs. I just think they will be similar, not a clone.

I'd say he would be balanced in both given that is how he is in Street Fighter.

But Street Fighter is a much different fighter than Smash, and the limitations I put on Ryu, in my mind, are more about how Street Fighter plays and less about Ryu's abilities in the Street Fighter games. To me Air fighting in Street Fighter isn't as good of an experience as the ground fighting. Street Fighter characters seem to jump up really high but without much distance, compared to Smash Characters, and this would be the limitation in Air combat in smash. Maybe have good height jump but not good distance jump. Changing Little Mac's over B to Ryu's Tatsumaki, is an idea. Making Ryu slower than Little Max, maybe not by much, but increasing his attack range with kicks. The way I see it Ryu developed with Little Mac as a base could give a great experience, but we will see when/if he ever comes to Smash.

@IceClimbers Yea, kinda. Not a clone but maybe inspired by the other.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tobiaku

Hopefully they will be able to make the Ice Climbers work on the 3ds, with a patch or something. I would love to play as them ^^

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

CapeSmash

If Roy is coming, I bet he'll get Luigified. AKA he'll still share some moves with Marth, but will also have some new moves.

Also, to the people saying the files don't mean anything; it does. It may not mean they're 100% confirmed playable, but it definitely confirms they're being considered, and will probably appear in the game in some form (I'm assuming playable, cuz victory themes.)

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

I'm 150% certain we will get DLC stages. There just isn't any way they won't do that. They're arguably a whole lot easier to create than fighters.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

I would like to point out that I never claimed @DefHalen was talking about clones. I was just daying I didn't think they'd really play all that similar to each other.

Also @IceClimbers makes a valid statement that it could be a variant of Little Mac where they start witn him and change him to better suit himself from there. One thing's for sure: Ryu would have pretty bad air mobility aside from his side-B. Street Fighter characters are very defensive in comparison to Snash's crazy style, so I imagine he'll be slow and heavy, but maybe not as big as most slow, heavy power houses. Maybe his run speed will be average while his walk speed is slow and careful? And what about his down-B? Well, I don't know if this is a thing in SF, but what if he does a jump/drop kick similar to Falcondorf, but bounces off the opponent upon contact like ZSS? just a thought. Maybe like hits and then does a second kick when jumping off? Might have a bit of lag on the landing to make it feel like it hurt.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MsJubilee

Some of you guys should go back and play any Street Fighter game. If you actually think Ryu might be somewhat of a clone of Little Mac.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

TwilightAngel wrote:

All of you guys should go back and play any Street Fighter game. If you actually think Ryu might be somewhat of a clone of Little Mac.

I don't think anyone is even trying to imply he might be a clone. He wouldn't actually play anything like Little Mac. He'd actually HAVE an air game!

Jazzer94

TwilightAngel wrote:

All of you guys should go back and play any Street Fighter game. If you actually think Ryu might be somewhat of a clone of Little Mac.

@TwilightAngel I'd suggest going back a page and reading the responses again as only one person suggested he would be like Little Mac in the sense of having a good ground but not air game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

@UGXWolf You said that better than I could. Well done.

I'd love to see Ryu's Street Fighter moveset as is, with some tweaking for Smashes gameplay style. His moveset is iconic. Also I like the chatty characters.

Apparently the Roy and Ryu story overshadowed the claim that data for Dream Land 64 stage music was also found.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I'd love to see Ryu's Street Fighter moveset as is, with some tweaking for Smashes gameplay style. His moveset is iconic. Also I like the chatty characters.

Apparently the Roy and Ryu story overshadowed the claim that data for Dream Land 64 stage music was also found.

Getting more N64 stages would be awesome. That's all I'd care about for downloadable stages...that and Fourside and Fountain of Dreams...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

Jazzer94 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

@DefHalan You should go back and play any Street Fighter game. If you actually think Ryu might be somewhat of a clone of Little Mac.

TwilightAngel I'd suggest going back a page and reading the responses again as only one person suggested he would be like Little Mac in the sense of having a good ground but not air game.

My bad read UGXfox posts wrong,and i put all cause i thought all of you agreed with him. My bad again it's happens to the best of us.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

TwilightAngel wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

You should go back and play any Street Fighter game. If you actually think Ryu might be somewhat of a clone of Little Mac.

TwilightAngel I'd suggest going back a page and reading the responses again as only one person suggested he would be like Little Mac in the sense of having a good ground but not air game.

My bad read UGXfox posts wrong,and i put all cause i thought all of you agreed with him. My bad again it's happens to the best of us.

I don't think Ryu should be a clone but I think they could be similar.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Getting more N64 stages would be awesome. That's all I'd care about for downloadable stages...that and Fourside and Fountain of Dreams...

Omg Fourside, Fountain of Dreams, Termina Bay and Frigate Orpheon please!

luisesteban

I can found Ryu more like Lukario than other characters. But some moves like hadoken and tatsumaki senpuu kyaku, could be similar to the Mega Man's Buster and Top Spint, or their equivalents with R.O.B.

luisesteban

Rexcalibr

Morpheel wrote:

We all know Ryu will be a Mario clone.

How? Ryu's fireball doesn't work anything like Mario's in any games. Ryu also has never had a projectile reflector like Mario's Cape. His dragon punch is similar I guess and his hurricane kick could be like Dr. Mario/classic Mario's spinning punch but Ryu wouldn't work as a Mario clone.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

How? Ryu's fireball doesn't work anything like Mario's in any games. Ryu also has never had a projectile reflector like Mario's Cape. His dragon punch is similar I guess and his hurricane kick could be like Dr. Mario/classic Mario's spinning punch but Ryu wouldn't work as a Mario clone.

Dude. It's the Internet. Stop taking it so seriously. He was joking. XD And simultaneously linking us to an equally funny thread about how Mario's original character (back when Smash was still Dragon Warrior) may have been based off of Ryu, as well as the roster set up.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Dude. It's the Internet. Stop taking it so seriously. He was joking. XD And simultaneously linking us to an equally funny thread about how Mario's original character (back when Smash was still Dragon Warrior) may have been based off of Ryu, as well as the roster set up.

A lot of people are being silly and way too serious simultaneously lately.

Undead_terror

Some say Mewtwo`s custom moves will be useable once he is out for purchase...however that might not be the case.
3DS

Wii U

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic