Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 27,917

Snagrio

Peach messing with someone's clothes again. Is it just me, or is this going to evolve into a weird trend and eventual meme?
Untitled

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

cookiex

^It happened with the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Luigi's whale pose, so why not this?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

WebHead

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Peach looks like she's farting! Wario would be impressed.

ROFL.

Anyway, glad Toon Link made the cut.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Hunter-D

I really don't think clones will be an issue anymore. They've been slowly clearing them out through the series and I think the next game would have the most varied and unique character roster to date.

DestinyMan wrote:

Sonic Lost World- Sonic (if he were to return, this would be perfect timing).

Most of those you listed seem likely. Especially Sonic.
I also think that the dev team have been waiting on Lost World so that they could also implement some of his actions from the latest game into a new moveset perhaps.

Hunter-D

Shirma_Akayaku

Besides the Wii Fit Trainer, I think the game could still use another human female character. Sure, Samus is probably going to transform into Zero Suit due the game having Final Smashes, but all in all we've got...

.Peach
.Samus
.(most likely to come back) Zero Suit Samus
.Wii Fit Trainer
.(indefinite comeback) Zelda
.(non-human) Jigglypuff (most likely too)

All we need is one more... perhaps a female heroine from SEGA? (not likely, at all)

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Snagrio

Ulala wrote:

Besides the Wii Fit Trainer, I think the game could still use another human female character. Sure, Samus is probably going to transform into Zero Suit due the game having Final Smashes, but all in all we've got...

.Peach
.Samus
.(most likely to come back) Zero Suit Samus
.Wii Fit Trainer
.(indefinite comeback) Zelda
.(non-human) Jigglypuff (most likely too)

All we need is one more... perhaps a female heroine from SEGA? (not likely, at all)

I think Palutena from Kid Icarus has a very strong possibility of getting in. Though I guess she technically isn't a human, but still, close enough.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

Lol, I'm putting more faith in a Brawl mod than Smash 4 now, lol. Although I don't care about clones, didn't Sakurai say he was trying to get rid of clones?

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Shirma_Akayaku

WingedFish wrote:

I think Palutena from Kid Icarus has a very strong possibility of getting in. Though I guess she technically isn't a human, but still, close enough.

I definitely agree with that. Plus, it would bring another character to support the Kid Icarus series. Good choice.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

mamp

@Ulala I still cling to my false hope of Bayonetta making the cut but she's just too damn sexy for Smash to handle.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Happy_Mask

Orngeblu wrote:

Lol, I'm putting more faith in a Brawl mod than Smash 4 now, lol. Although I don't care about clones, didn't Sakurai say he was trying to get rid of clones?

Yes he did, but it's obvious now that statement meant nothing.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Whopper744

Sony_70 wrote:

ugh this sucks big time. Game should be focusing on the future of Nintendo. Toon link made sense for Brawl but for thee new games it really should be the link between two worlds model.

You know, I wasn't disapointed until I thought of this. Wouldn't have minded an old school looking Link. Oh well.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Happy_Mask

DestinyMan wrote:

I can't help but be amused by the Toon Link bashing, and I'm not even that much of a Toon Link player in Brawl. He may even be a main of my in these new games.

It's mostly the fact that they went with the lazy copy paste character even though they're allegedly sizing down the roster, which takes a precious slot away from anyone else.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

New_3DaSh_XL

I posted this on many people's BLs, but I'll paste this here too.

Ok, so I'm not against Toon Link as a character. He's cool. What I'm against is, once again, he's probably be a stronger clone of Link. Maybe he'll have a couple different moves. But, why don't I want him in SSB4? Simple. Sakurai has already stated that he's only putting a limited number of character in this entry. Something around 20-30, iirc. That means that many characters from Brawl will need to be cut. Plus, SSB4 has some new characters, so even more from Brawl will need no be cut, either that or there can't be very many new characters. So, why not cut Toon Link? It's so effing obvious that he should've been cut, essentially being a clone of another character. At the least, he should've been a different "version" of Link, like there were 2 styles of Wario or something, but no, Sakurai couldn't've done that either. Because Toon Link is in SSB4, either less original Brawlers or less new characters will be in SSB4. See my reasoning? I have nothing against Toon Link

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Mickey

KiDasharus wrote:

Sakurai has already stated that he's only putting a limited number of character in this entry. Something around 20-30, iirc. That means that many characters from Brawl will need to be cut. Plus, SSB4 has some new characters, so even more from Brawl will need no be cut, either that or there can't be very many new characters. So, why not cut Toon Link? It's so effing obvious that he should've been cut, essentially being a clone of another character. At the least, he should've been a different "version" of Link, like there were 2 styles of Wario or something, but no, Sakurai couldn't've done that either. Because Toon Link is in SSB4, either less original Brawlers or less new characters will be in SSB4.

My thoughts exactly.

Up top!
Untitled

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Sleepingmudkip

Maybe sakurai changed his mind or nintendo is forcing him to maybe bump up the roster we wont know for sure in till real game play is shown.just because he says one thing it does not mean nintendo will not turn around and say another...plus there really no more characters he could add maybe chrom...but is there anyone else that he could add that doesn't already have a counter part. I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character. We can also rule out snake coming back..that leaves sonic(i think he will come back)...those are my thoughts..

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Mickey

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character.

Mr. Game & Watch was in Melee, so that would make him a two-time character. Peach was a two-time character and she's in the game...

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

New_3DaSh_XL

You're right, Toon Link isn't just a clone of Toon Link; he's a clone made stronger than the original. I don't assume a flood of clones. Sakurai said he believed in a smaller roster knowing we, the fans, wouldn't like that, and I fully expect it to be a smaller roster than Brawl's. I know there will be more veterans than newcomers, I don't know what you're trying to prove there. Just because something is capable of supporting other said something doesn't mean it'll happen.

Anyway, Sakurai has yet to say he takes back his 20 character limit. And even when he probably will, it still will probably have a limit.

This is only slightly relevant, but just because Sakurai has said one thing and done another in the past doesn't mean he'll say there's a limit and then not have a limit this time.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Caryslan

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Maybe sakurai changed his mind or nintendo is forcing him to maybe bump up the roster we wont know for sure in till real game play is shown.just because he says one thing it does not mean nintendo will not turn around and say another...plus there really no more characters he could add maybe chrom...but is there anyone else that he could add that doesn't already have a counter part. I know we can rule out game&watch and R.O.B as they were just a one time character. We can also rule out snake coming back..that leaves sonic(i think he will come back)...those are my thoughts..

Mr. Game and Watch is more than likely coming back since he has already been in two smash bros games, represents a period of Nintendo's history(the Game and Watch era of handheld gaming), is fairly popular, and has a very unique move set.

ROB and Snake are a bit unclear, although I would say that ROB has a pretty good chance of making it back as well

Caryslan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic