Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,261 to 22,280 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

I finally have the Wolf trophy!

By the way, I noticed in Master and Crazy Orders that in the background of the card it shows which stage you'll be playing on. A lot of you probably knew this already but before today I was basing my card choice solely on what type of battle it was unless CDs were involved.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Wait, I'm confused. In Brawl, everyone was complaining about how combos didn't really exist and how MK was one of the very few characters that could do so without a chain grab. Now we're chicken popcorn about combis being in the game? All of my wat?

Edited on by Eel

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

Guitardude7 wrote:

So TL;DR Master Core breaks classic mode for me. It was fair and balanced until that boss. I can't even imagine going through all of that AND Master Fortress on top of that. Man what a load of crap.

Master Fortress is pretty easy if you know what you're doing.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

veeflames

TwilightAngel wrote:

So no one is annoyed by Sonic? No? Damn i guess i'm the only one then.And King Dedede is hard to kill,i know he's a heavy weight but still he can take so much.More than any other heavy weight,it's nonsense.That's why i get scared when i face him using Mr.Game and Watch.

I'm totally annoyed by Sonics who spam that dash attack, like DreamyViridi said. Also, his up B's can be ridiculous, at times.... especially when you consider Sonic's apparently non-existing lag. But I think I've found a way to deal with Sonic's dash attack; use a character's neutral A attack. That should stop it.
I'm always a bit wary when I face heavy weights, or characters with strong attacks, such as Little Mac or Wario.... especially since I main Kirby and Duck Hunt. Most times, I manage and beat them, sometimes I lose against them. Strong attacks are strong.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Storytime7

UGXwolf wrote:

Wait, I'm confused. In Brawl, everyone was complaining about how combos didn't really exist and how MK was one of the very few characters that could do so without a chain grab. Now we're BBQ Ribs about combos being in the game? All of my wat?

They're complaining about how so many combos in this game are out of down throws, not that Smash 4 has combos.

Edited on by Eel

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

TeeJay

TwilightAngel wrote:

So no one is annoyed by Sonic? No? Damn i guess i'm the only one then.And King Dedede is hard to kill,i know he's a heavy weight but still he can take so much.More than any other heavy weight,it's nonsense.That's why i get scared when i face him using Mr.Game and Watch.

I've complained before about Sonic and how everyone who uses him uses him only does the same annoying set of moves over and over and over AND OVER ANDOVERANDOVERANDOVERAAAAGH!!!

That rolling dash into upward kick combo is so predictable and boring it actually physically hurts

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Inkling

People are voting for characters from Five Nights at Freddy's.

Untitled

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Troggy

That's the scariest thing that's come out of that game, honestly.

Edited on by Troggy

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

UGXwolf

Guitardude7 wrote:

So I know I'm late to the party on this, but my friend and I tried Classic mode on 9.0 yesterday. And honestly, the fights weren't that bad. They were tough, but we beat them easily. You know what we couldn't beat though? Master Core. Seriously, Master Core is the CHEAPEST boss fight I've ever fought. The Master Giant has practically undodgeable attacks. Master Beast isn't TOO tough but he definitely racks up damage enough to the point where we can't stand a chance against Master Sabers. Master Sabers is absolutely stupid. It is SO hard and SO frustrating to dodge every one of its attacks. And to make matters worse, it has an isnta-kill move. And even when we DID beat Master Sabers there was still the stupid Master Shadow to go through.

So TL;DR Master Core breaks classic mode for me. It was fair and balanced until that boss. I can't even imagine going through all of that AND Master Fortress on top of that. Man what a load of crap.

That would be a great point, except:

1) Master Giant doesn't have any unavoidable moves. In fact, none of the forms do.

2) Master Beast telegraphs all of his attacks harder than your average God of War boss.

3) Master Blade doesn't have a one-hit kill move and aside from having goid launching potential, he's easily the weakest form. Protip: Try to stay to the left side of the stage. Its counter intuitive, I know, but he seems ti have a lot of trouble moving right and almost none moving left.

4) Master Sgadow is a bit of a pushover if the CPUs from before weren't a problem for you.

5) Master Fortress is mostly a matter of practice. Knowing how to get around is very important, but you'll find that once you get a routine going, you never lose here. Protip: Don't pick up the heart right away. You'll be returning here often, so you may wanna save it for the last section in case you need it. Double Protip: You can grab enemies. Super helpful against Stalfos.

UGXwolf

Actually, if you're paying attention, he does telegraph the off waves a bit. And Madter Blades has one move that comes out of nowhere, that's the one I have the most trouble with. The one you're referring to as an insta-kill does a lot of damage and has a lot of knockback at the end, so it may seem like an instakill, but I find it the easiest one to avoid. Run under him, off the right side of the stage, if you have to, and he generally can't reach you before the move ends.

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

Actually, if you're paying attention, he does telegraph the off waves a bit. And Madter Blades has one move that comes out of nowhere, that's the one I have the most trouble with. The one you're referring to as an insta-kill does a lot of damage and has a lot of knockback at the end, so it may seem like an instakill, but I find it the easiest one to avoid. Run under him, off the right side of the stage, if you have to, and he generally can't reach you before the move ends.

I think the attack he's talking about is the 5-hit combo slash ending with the big sword slamming down on you from above, it hits hard but boy is it satisfying to counter! You're talking about the multi-slash where the swords try to home in on you, right?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

@Guitardude7 - Cool, I suggest only countering the final slash though. Trying to counter the smaller hits can get you in trouble as it may mess with the attack timing. Since you're Mario though (and this applies to anyone else without a counter), the most you can do is avoid the combo-slash. Spot-dodge/Side-step the first four smaller slashes then Dodge-roll the final one, that's what I do. Avoiding all of Master Core's attacks in general is a matter of timing really.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

I'm not complaining about anyone, I'm just saying that people should complain about Luigi more than Diddy Kong. Luigi doesn't bother me at all though.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

I don't have a problem making it to Master Fortress without losing a life... I have made it all the way to the last heart without losing a life, but so many enemies surrounded me and I felt so pressured then I lost life right before I could hit heart.

Also for Marth keep using up smash, the tip really does everything especially to master/crazy hand and master giant. Ganondorf is crazy for the master core though, I highly recommend him. Use the up smash repeatedly and you are gold. Although Ganondorf is one of my primaries so it is pretty easy for me...

Also can't you just shield that big swipe fron blades? I never had a problem with them, just that move where they are doing the countless sword attack in circle is annoying, not sure how to counter that without taking even little damage. For Master Beast just attack him once then keep your distance from him then repeat. If you want to avoid many of Master Giant's moves. Just grab the ledge, like when he uses those blue circles to get you inside him or those two orange things lol. Or even when he makes those big blue circles then bring stage up then down. I don't remember if that work but he doesn't take so long so you could go off stage while he brings stage up and down.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TuVictus

Does anyone know how the Mewtwo codes will work? Will we get them emailed to us on wednesday?

TuVictus

Undead_terror

Operative wrote:

Does anyone know how the Mewtwo codes will work? Will we get them emailed to us on wednesday?

Yep, before we were suppose to get two codes, however now it's suppose to be one code, you use that code and then you get another in game so I heard.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Undead_terror wrote:

Operative wrote:

Yep, before we were suppose to get two codes, however now it's suppose to be one code, you use that code and then you get another in game so I heard.

When do we get these codes again?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

@TheGreatBrawler What Ganondorf loadout do you use (default or custom)? I've been trying the default and generally have problems at either stage 3 or 5 due to a forced 6-8 player smash on a very small stage like Onett or Kongo Jungle 64.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler What Ganondorf loadout do you use (default or custom)? I've been trying the default and generally have problems at either stage 3 or 5 due to a forced 6-8 player smash on a very small stage like Onett or Kongo Jungle 64.

I don't use any custom moves, but I used two strength and one defense. I plan on taking off one strength to add more defense though. And yes the forced 6-8 player smash are the most annoying matches ever in classic... All the computer players go for you literally!

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic