Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,241 to 22,260 of 27,917

veeflames

CapeSmash wrote:

I think the top 3 most annoying characters are:
1. Ness - Forward air can be spammed into a 3 hit combo that's very hard to escape. Throws are ridiculously powerful.
2. Yoshi - Pretty much all of his moves are annoying.
3. Diddy Kong - HOO-HA

• Actually, I think there's only one annoying character - Yoshi. I mean, seriously. All his moves are so annoying.
  • Ness... the only annoying move he has is the side throw... that move's strength is ridiculous, really.
  • Diddy Kong... I'm just really careful not to give him a chance to land impossible combos... and that banana peel! BANANA PEEL! X(
  • However, Marth/Lucina? Useless? No way. I've met tough Marths online. The key to using Marth or Lucina is to effectively use aerials. And the tip of the swing thingy, if you get careless, you're doomed.
  • Mario is definitely a tough guy, though... as a CPU.
  • R.O.B? The spinning thing's a problem, as well as his lasers and his smashes.
  • TBH, I enjoy matches where Capt. Falcon is my opponent. Good Falcons make me very fast on my feet, and I love that.
    Overall, I think the roster is a bit unbalanced... I mean, I'd have to make extra effort to face heavy characters such as Ganondorf... especially if the opponent's good.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

Yoshi really isn't that annoying. He's gotten really good, but I wouldn't call him annoying.

@Rexcalibr Theyre probably hidden on the challenge board. Beat Classic with three different characters on 8.0 difficulty or higher and that'll net you two songs. Apso the Metroid challenge for Smash Tour is hiding a song. If you don't plan to complete the board, I suggest using your hammers on at least that Smash Tour one. It's pure RNG and absolutely no fun.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

When does Diddy actually ever say "hooh-hah"? I don't think I've heard it.

Rexcalibr

LinktotheFuture

I just got Smash for Wii U for my birthday, and I am wondering if the 3DS version is different enough to make it worth getting?

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

TeeJay

Rexcalibr wrote:

From ehat I understand the competitive Smash community came up with it for some reason, where they got that from is beyond me though. The competitive Smash community is weird sometimes, lol. Everyone just started using it one day out of the blue

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Gridatttack

Rexcalibr wrote:

I dont know the first time he says that, but IIRC he does say this in mario kart double dash.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

CapeSmash

Diddy never says "hoo-hah" in the game. At some tournament a few months ago, Diddy Kong was using his bread and butter combo (down throw to up air), and someone randomly said "hoo-hah" whenever Diddy used the combo. (The "HOO" is for the down throw, and the "HAH" is for the up air.)

So yeah. That's where it originated from. (Video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-6oRB4ABo)

@LinktotheFuture To me, yes. Smash on the go and Smash Run. What's not to love?

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Rexcalibr

I've unlocked most of the CDs now.

One thing I don't like is how some stages will have 10 or so choices of tracks while others will only have 4 or 5. They should have divided them more evenly.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

I've unlocked most of the CDs now.

One thing I don't like is how some stages will have 10 or so choices of tracks while others will only have 4 or 5. They should have divided them more evenly.

I don't like that some stages are made extremely rare to appear in all modes so in the end those tracks cannot be listened to while playing unless you're playing local 4 or 8 player Smash. Of course I'm talking about stages like Jungle Hijinxs and Palutena's Temple, you want to listen to the DK Rap? Sorry but you'll have to head back to Melee.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I got my Gamecube controller adapter yesterday! But I'm so used to the GamePad/Pro Controller.... That said, the Gamecube controller feels so good to hold while playing Smash Bros.!
@TheGreatBrawler Are you ready?

That was bad timing lol :/

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

@TheGreatBrawler
Aw. But TBF, I didn't think it was bad timing, especially since I posted that post like, 2 minutes after you posted yours...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler
Aw. But TBF, I didn't think it was bad timing, especially since I posted that post like, 2 minutes after you posted yours...

I don't blame you, I logged off right away so that's my fault. More like bad timing to log off on my part.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

CapeSmash wrote:

1. Ness - Forward air can be spammed into a 3 hit combo that's very hard to escape. Throws are ridiculously powerful.
3. Diddy Kong - HOO-HA.

Now for the characters I have the most potential (no order):
1. Ganondorf - If you fight him, you WILL die.
2. Captain Falcon - The knee, stomping, down throw, up air, back air, neutral air... and Falcon Punch. Need I say more?
3. Mario - Unstoppable combo machine, and gimp master.
4. Pikachu - Unstoppable combo machine, quick, and hard to hit.
5. Luigi - Go watch Boss' Luigi.
6. Donkey Kong (WITH CUSTOMS) - Tornado up B. That is all.
7. R.O.B - If you fight a good R.O.B player, you will lose.
8. Shulk - Monado Arts, range, outclasses Marth and his butter knife in every way.

The worst:
1. Marth - Butter knife, no range, super laggy attacks, pathetic.
2. Lucina - Marth, but slightly worse.
3. Falco - Useless.
4. Palutena - No customs = no chance. (I'm probably very biased on this one, because I really don't like her.)

You are annoyed by Ness and Diddy Kong but not Luigi... Luigi has so many combo options at literally any percents just from his down throw.

Pootypie

Nintendo6400

Things that annoy me are:
C. Falcon's wide neutral A hit box. That move shouldn't hit from behind so easily.
Diddy Kong aerials and banana spam.
Rosalina, in general.
Yoshi's attacks having almost no cool down. His up b makes him hover a bit after the first first up b ( spamming up b, especially in the air).
Ness's Back throw and forward A combo.
Luigi and Mr G&W down throw combos.
King Dedede is hard to kill.
Shiek's forward air. Especially when the player spams it across the stage in a short hopping fashion.
Villager's F B airs
Meta Knight being too weak.

P.S. CapeSmash, Falco definitely isn't useless in smash 4.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Retro_on_theGo

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

3. Diddy Kong - HOO-HA.

2. Captain Falcon - The knee, stomping, down throw, up air, back air, neutral air... and Falcon Punch. Need I say more?
8. Shulk - Monado Arts, range, outclasses Marth and his butter knife in every way.

The worst:
3. Falco - Useless.
4. Palutena - No customs = no chance. (I'm probably very biased on this one, because I really don't like her.)

You are annoyed by Ness and Diddy Kong but not Luigi... Luigi has so many combo options at literally any percents just from his down throw.

I mean, it's not like he's the only one. If you want to talk about combos Smash 4 is basically Down throw to Up air: The Game.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

MsJubilee

So no one is annoyed by Sonic? No? Damn i guess i'm the only one then.And King Dedede is hard to kill,i know he's a heavy weight but still he can take so much.More than any other heavy weight,it's nonsense.That's why i get scared when i face him using Mr.Game and Watch.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DreamyViridi

TwilightAngel wrote:

So no one is annoyed by Sonic? No? Damn i guess i'm the only one then.And King Dedede is hard to kill,i know he's a heavy weight but still he can take so much.More than any other heavy weight,it's nonsense.That's why i get scared when i face him using Mr.Game and Watch.

I'm only annoyed by Sonics who spam Spin Dashes and do nothing else. Seriously; there's more to him than his specials, people!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendo6400

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

3. Diddy Kong - HOO-HA.

The worst:
3. Falco - Useless.

I mean, it's not like he's the only one. If you want to talk about combos Smash 4 is basically Down throw to Up air: The Game.

True, but Luigi has too many options and can combo off it at almost any percent Even Mario's Down throw combos start to wear thin at around 70%.

Edit: I forgot about Sonic. The only thing that really annoys me about him is the invincibility he gets when he uses his b attacks, especially his up b.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic