Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,181 to 22,200 of 27,917

CapeSmash

I'm probably going to get flack for this, but I really, REALLY don't want to see any indie-characters playable in Smash. There's far more deserving characters IMO.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

I wouldn't mind Shantae or Shovel Knight...ON TWO CONDITIONS! Shantae's crouch animation HAS to have that booty shake and Shovelknight NEEDS to be able to bounce off fighters with his down A.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rexcalibr

I really don't know anything about Shantee or Shovel Knight. I'm sure they're fun games, I just don't think enough people are familiar with them, and I agree that there are more deserving characters and ones that HAVEN'T already been in Brawl and Melee that deserve a chance. That being said, I'd rather have Shantee or Shovel Knight over Wolf, Snake, Ice Climbers, or any other previous character.

If they decide on a female character, they should get a villain because the game is lacking in female villains. I want Aversa.

Rexcalibr

Retro_on_theGo

NintendoFan64 wrote:

If I ever see Sakurai in real life, I'd probably hug him. He really deserves one. I mean, he's doing all of this work just to make everyone happy. Hope your shoulders get better, man.

I honestly wonder if he'd appreciate that.
Apparently at last year's E3 when Sakurai was there for the invitational the players were told not to touch him. Go up say hi or whatever but don't get too close other than a handshake or something.
Then at Street Fighter events when Ono is present you seem him in the middle of those crowds hugging fans...

UGXwolf

@Rexcalibr I don't think the ballot fighter(s) will really be about who deserves a spot or who doesnt. I know I sound like a broken record here, but this is a rare opportunity for someone to make the roster that would never have otherwise been considered. Sure there are plenty of limits, but it's great to see that people areshowing interest in indies and third parties just as much as first party characters.

As for Shantae, herself, I daresay she'd be a glorious fit for Smash. Her moveset would practically fall right into place, and its not as though she has no history with Nintendo. Her fist game was a GBC title, if memory serves. And when Risky's Revenge hits the eShop later this year, she won't have a single game that wasn't on a Nintendo system. Heck, she even gets group with the ladies of Nintendo by certain fan artists. She would fit right in alongside the rest of the cast.

Also, female villains might be nice, but considering you can't typically add a villain without a protagonist from the same series, I can't really think of a villain that's also female that would fit in with the rest of the cast and has a counterpart already. Well, except Cia from Hyrule Warriors, but that's shakey territory, anyways.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

If I ever see Sakurai in real life, I'd probably hug him. He really deserves one. I mean, he's doing all of this work just to make everyone happy. Hope your shoulders get better, man.

I honestly wonder if he'd appreciate that.
Apparently at last year's E3 when Sakurai was there for the invitational the players were told not to touch him. Go up say hi or whatever but don't get too close other than a handshake or something.
Then at Street Fighter events when Ono is present you seem him in the middle of those crowds hugging fans...

Sakurai does strike me as the "hands off" type, but keep in mind that he was still likely injured at the time.

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

I wouldn't mind Shantae or Shovel Knight...ON TWO CONDITIONS! Shantae's crouch animation HAS to have that booty shake and Shovelknight NEEDS to be able to bounce off fighters with his down A.

Shovel Knight can't shake that booty?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I dunno you tell me

Untitled

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

Oh my god please no Shantae for smash bros, I rather have Shrek than Shantae seriously...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I dunno you tell me

Untitled

Whaaaa...

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I dunno you tell me

Untitled

Whaaaa...

Hey, you were practically asking for it!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Oh my god please no Shantae for smash bros, I rather have Shrek than Shantae seriously...

Hey hey hey now.... don't jinx anything!
But seriously, I don't get the massive Shantae request....

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DefHalan

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Hey hey hey now.... don't jinx anything!
But seriously, I don't get the massive Shantae request....

People are fans of Shantae and the series has been exclusive to Nintendo for a long time. (Shantae went to Steam a while ago and the Kickstarter was targeting a lot of consoles.)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

luisesteban

Shantae could be a very nice option.

luisesteban

DreamyViridi

Of all the indies, I now understand that Shantae is the one that possibly deserves it most in that regard.
That is to say if indie characters really belong here at all.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

Shrek is more likely than Shantae. Shrek has more games, has a longer history with Nintendo, and everyone in the world knows who he is.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

CapeSmash wrote:

Shrek is more likely than Shantae. Shrek has more games, has a longer history with Nintendo, and everyone in the world knows who he is.

and... Shrek is love Shrek is life heh

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

CapeSmash wrote:

Actually no. Shrek isn't a video game character so he's actually disqualified. Also no, Shantae has a longer history with Nintendo. Also no, I don't thinj popularuty is nearly as strong a factor as you think. There needs to be demand, but no one said the most voted character would get in or even implied it.

Also, I don't think I'd call Shamtae an indie character so much as a 3rd party character. She's somewhere in that sweet spot between AAA and indie that we really need a better name for.

Also seriously, why all the Shantae hate? I really don't understand that one.

TeeJay

UGXwolf wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Actually no. Shrek isn't a video game character so he's actually disqualified. Also no, Shantae has a longer history with Nintendo. Also no, I don't thinj popularuty is nearly as strong a factor as you think. There needs to be demand, but no one said the most voted character would get in or even implied it.

Also, I don't think I'd call Shamtae an indie character so much as a 3rd party character. She's somewhere in that sweet spot between AAA and indie that we really need a better name for.

Also seriously, why all the Shantae hate? I really don't understand that one.

You do know he was joking right?

....Right??

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic