Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,141 to 22,160 of 27,917

veeflames

Nintendo6400 wrote:

People can be really nice in for glory, but sometimes people can be sore winners and losers. Some people might say "reckt" in the nickname box and then just leave after 1 or 2 matches. Others might call you a f.... p.... (happened momento ago) for like 5 matches and then says f u, spammer, or no skillz. It's actually pretty funny to see how in mature they are.

Aw, man. I hate that! Well, not the naming bit, but the leaving bit. Even if I lose all the time, I always tend to remain in the room to try and win, and hence improve myself. But when I win against someone an average of 3 times? That person leaves. It's so annoying, even if I know the other person might have other things to do. Or when you want to have a rematch with someone, and that person leaves, I just... grr... XD
As for the name calling bit, that's nuts, if someone says that. I think I would report and leave the room. BTW, I met someone yesterday who names himself 'GOOD*GAME' after our matches. Nice, don't you think?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

I think people overestimate Sakurai logic, on this one the typical requirements should be less like requirements amd more like general guide lines, this time. After all, ifthis was about adding a popular character, they likely wouldn't care WHY, just WHO. If it was strictly characters Sakurai would normally add, they wouldn't poll and just get Sakurai to do an extra one.if it were about Nintendo's best interests, they would force him to do Inkling to promote Splatoon. This is a rare opportunity to add characters that would never getinto Smash otherwise. So just bevaue a character is 3rd party, just because a character isn't on Japan's radar, just because a company has bad relations with Nintendo, that doesn't exclude their character from the game. That just means they're gonna need even more demand to succeed. I listed characters I saw as being plausible, but in reality, anyone can make it so long as they meet three requirements: they're predominantly from a game, Sakurai and/or the fans can come up with a fairly representative moveset for them, and there's enough demand for them to displace the cost of addition. As long as these requirements are met, no character is truly without a fighting chance. (Fingers crossed for Safety Silhouette Guy.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

I think it will be really interesting to see how much the poll rankings will have changed by the time October rolls around. Wonder if some of the heavy-hitters like Snake, K. Rool, Banjo, etc. will still be in the lead or will be outnumbered by then? If Splatoon gains traction I could see the Inklings becoming more popular, and I suppose we'll see more about Wolf or Krystal's chances when we know more about Starfox U as their popularity could spike. (or maybe Wolf would be outright confirmed at E3?)

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

@Squid It'll be very interesting, indeed. As far as the Inklings go, I see one major problem. They'd have to incorporate some form of new mechanics to properly carry over their ability to morph into squids. I suppose you can leave that out, but it's such a large part of what makes the game unique. It'd be a shame not to include it. They'd definitely make a unique addition to the roster, I'm just thinking maybe they may get held back gor inclusion in Smash 5, when the team has had time to incorporate these characters properly.

FriedSquid

UGXwolf wrote:

@Squid It'll be very interesting, indeed. As far as the Inklings go, I see one major problem. They'd have to incorporate some form of new mechanics to properly carry over their ability to morph into squids. I suppose you can leave that out, but it's such a large part of what makes the game unique. It'd be a shame not to include it. They'd definitely make a unique addition to the roster, I'm just thinking maybe they may get held back gor inclusion in Smash 5, when the team has had time to incorporate these characters properly.

I agree, and though I'm sure Sakurai would be able to come up with a very unique moveset for an Inkling, I think it would take a lot of effort for a ballot character (I only say this because I'm not sure how many characters from the ballot we will get and how much time/resources Nintendo/Bandai Namco wants to spend making them). This is also how I feel about Chorus Men/Marshall, as I'd really like to see a Rhythm Heaven character but with the effort required it might just be best to wait for next-gen as a SSB5 newcomer.

@Undead_terror Now this one is really pushing it, I love Guilty Gear but Sol just does not fit well for Smash. If anyone from ASW would appear, a character from BlazBlue would have a better chance, but even then it's extremely slim. Wonder what company will be next to request their characters... Comcept asking for Beck? Atlus asking for Jack Frost? i'd actually be ok with that last one...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Grumblevolcano

@Squid Activision asking for Captain Price from the Modern Warfare games

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

Undead_terror wrote:

Arc System works wants Sol from Guilty Gear in smash.
https://www.facebook.com/arcsystemworksu/photos/a.18536713162...

Okay, okay...that's it... I'm getting tired of companies trying to put their characters in Smash because they know Smash is very well known and popular BUT at the same time their suggested character has never been on a Nintendo platform. Guilty Gear didn't even come to Wii U!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Captain_Toad

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Okay, okay...that's it... I'm getting tired of companies trying to put their characters in Smash because they know Smash is very well known and popular BUT at the same time their suggested character has never been on a Nintendo platform.

Actually.. Untitled

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Blast

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Okay, okay...that's it... I'm getting tired of companies trying to put their characters in Smash because they know Smash is very well known and popular BUT at the same time their suggested character has never been on a Nintendo platform.

Actually.. Untitled

Japanese exclusive? I didn't even know that game existed.

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Actually.. Untitled

I have that game!It was awesome!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Captain_Toad

Blast wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Actually.. Untitled

Nope, released in all territories.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Blast

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Actually.. Untitled

Whoops... Hahahaha.

Master of the Hype Train

Captain_Toad

Blast wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Actually.. Untitled

Whoops... Hahahaha.

Heh, no problem. Just make sure to do some research. Oh and if you planning on picking this one up, make sure to get a classic controller.

Tsuchinoko

Captain_Toad wrote:

Blast wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Actually.. Untitled

Ugh, but the thing is, and I'm not trying to rain on anyones good time, but most of these third party companies have little to no relationship with Nintendo and its fans, and at its core Smash is a celebration of Nintendo history. Even if current relations are strained with Konami and Capcom, all of our guest third party characters have a long history on Nintendo consoles.

Outside of Snake, the only third party characters not in Smash for that people are voting for that fit that are Prof. Layton, Banjo & Kazooie, and Rayman. Maybe below them I'd say Bomberman.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

While I don't disagree with this @Tsuchinoko and it does seem extremely unlikely that anyone not fitting the Nintendo History bill will make it in, I feel like you're looking at it as an exclusive club when the point of this poll may well be to get someone who wouldn't generally fit in. For instance, Mario Kart is strictly a Mario series game, but we let Link in. And now Isabelle. Granted, AC characters at least fit alongside Mario and that Zelda track was a bit of fanservice the series had coming for some time. The point still stands that this is pretty much the only chance to get someone in that would never be in otherwise. We really shouldn't openly count anyone out.

veeflames
This would be my dream move set if Layton and Luke were in Smash.

P.S. This is just a repost of what I said in the ballot forum.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Squid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I agree, and though I'm sure Sakurai would be able to come up with a very unique moveset for an Inkling, I think it would take a lot of effort for a ballot character (I only say this because I'm not sure how many characters from the ballot we will get and how much time/resources Nintendo/Bandai Namco wants to spend making them). This is also how I feel about Chorus Men/Marshall, as I'd really like to see a Rhythm Heaven character but with the effort required it might just be best to wait for next-gen as a SSB5 newcomer.

@Undead_terror Now this one is really pushing it, I love Guilty Gear but Sol just does not fit well for Smash. If anyone from ASW would appear, a character from BlazBlue would have a better chance, but even then it's extremely slim. Wonder what company will be next to request their characters... Comcept asking for Beck? Atlus asking for Jack Frost? i'd actually be ok with that last one...

Turns out it's infact Playtonic Games wanting King K Rool in Smash:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/250701-playtonic-wants-king-k-roo...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic