Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,121 to 22,140 of 27,917

TuVictus

Any character that I don't personally use or like sucks and should not be in the game.

sarcasm for those who couldn't pick it up

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Gridatttack

Sakurai wrote:

Why do people want King R.rool playable? He been highly requested in due to polls, by why? What is his moveset gonna be anyway? We know he's gonna a heavy fighter. People are not gonna use him a lot due to him being a heavy character. So, what's the use voting for him?

My thoughts exactly.

And I still don't see how King K rool is even that popular.
He wasn't that memorable.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

MrWalkieTalkie

Sakurai wrote:

Why do people want King R.rool playable? He been highly requested in due to polls, by why? What is his moveset gonna be anyway? We know he's gonna a heavy fighter. People are not gonna use him a lot due to him being a heavy character. So, what's the use voting for him?

That's purely opinion dude. King Dedede is a heavyweight and he's my main. What's next, you're gonna tell me heavyweights are useless in Mario Kart?

As for King K. Rool. I wouldn't mind him being in, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Azooooz

Sakurai wrote:

When I first thought about Miis joining Smash Bros., I was telling myself: What are they going to do? swinging a tennis racket or throwing a bowling balls? Then I was surprised of how Nintendo modified Miis to really suit the Smash Bros. universe. I wouldn't be surprised it King K. Rool, if is selected, would get the same treatment.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

I don't know why you think he wasn't memorable. I renen him being the biggest troll of my childhood, after how difficult it was to beat him and then he plays dead for a false credits sequence and gets back up, even madder and more difficult than he was before! He wasn't any easier or less memorable/interesting in his next three main series appearances. Hell, I think his appearance in DK64 is really his best and it was pretty good. That final fight is super good, the Hide Out Helm level, the intermission scenes, even the Game Over screen, which honestly gave me nightmares as a kid... But yeah. He's definitely got the reputation to derserve a spot in Smash, and honestly, we really need better villain representation and more DK characters and... Well really more if everything that K. Rook seems to fill out.

As for moveset, the fact that Little Mac, Duck Hunt, ROB, and Pacman all got in should invalidate any and all arguments of "what would he even DO?!?!" Besides that, K. Rook has not one, not two, but FOUR games to easily pull content from for a playable character, and heck, what's stopping them from using Sir Fredderick as inspiration like they used Paula for some of Ness's moves or gave Robin Nosferatu or gave Ganondorf Captain Falcons... Entire... Everything... Again. table flip

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

In Donkey Kong Country, King K. Rool jumped super high and ran super fast. So he wouldn't be slow.

Edit: I just realized we didn't get a heavyweight (or DK) newcomer in Smash 4. That makes me want him in even more now...

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MasterWario

Sakurai wrote:

If they use the King K. Rool from DKC 2 he has plenty of options. That gun of his can sure be used in a lot of ways. He uses it to whack the Kongs, shoot them with cannonballs, spiked cannonballs, Plasma shot...things, and uses it to rocket really fast which could be his Up-B.

And regardless of competitive viability, the heavys are some of the most enjoyable characters in Smash for me. I <3 playing as Bowser and Ganonfork.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Joeynator3000

CapeSmash wrote:

In Donkey Kong Country, King K. Rool jumped super high and ran super fast. So he wouldn't be slow.

Edit: I just realized we didn't get a heavyweight (or DK) newcomer in Smash 4. That makes me want him in even more now...

....Well, does Charizard count? lol
Since he was kinda redone somewhat. xp

Anyways and in Country 2, Rool had a shotgun cannon thing, so...there's that.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

Two things:

Don't worry about all of those indie and third party games cluttering up the ballot, since other than Snake the Japanese players seem to be only voting for veterans and first party newcomers (K. Rool, Chibi-robo, Dixie, Krystal). Even Nicalis didn't release a lot of the Cave Story releases here. Tbh I wouldn't mind a character like Quote or Shantae, but they're really not on the radar here. All of the other, stranger pushes like those from the Meat Boy creator are pure publicity stunts.

Also, I totally think K. Rool has a huge chance of being in. I will admit, I'm not good with the heavy characters, but I love my fellow Nintendo fans, so if there's a lot of people wanting him in I'm all for it.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Nintendo6400

People can be really nice in for glory, but sometimes people can be sore winners and losers. Some people might say "reckt" in the nickname box and then just leave after 1 or 2 matches. Others might call you a f.... p.... (happened momento ago) for like 5 matches and then says f u, spammer, or no skillz. It's actually pretty funny to see how in mature they are.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Pootypie

Nintendo6400 wrote:

People can be really nice in for glory, but sometimes people can be sore winners and losers. Some people might say "reckt" in the nickname box and then just leave after 1 or 2 matches. Others might call you a f.... p.... (happened momento ago) for like 5 matches and then says f u, spammer, or no skillz. It's actually pretty funny to see how in mature they are.

I once faced a guy that nicknamed himself KONY2012... lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

Is anyone else tired of all these indie developers wanting there character's in Smash bros? And in my opinion they sound so petty asking there fans to vote for their characters.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Retro_on_theGo

TwilightAngel wrote:

Is anyone else tired of all these indie developers wanting there character's in Smash bros? And in my opinion they sound so petty asking there fans to vote for their characters.

No. Of course everyone wants their character in Smash, it's free advertising and an honor. I'd sure as hell ask for votes too if I was head of a game company with a loved Character. I can't imagine how awesome and surreal it'd be to see your franchise in Smash.

Tsuchinoko

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

No. Of course everyone wants their character in Smash, it's free advertising and an honor. I'd sure as hell ask for votes too if I was head of a game company with a loved Character. I can't imagine how awesome and surreal it'd be to see your franchise in Smash.

Okay, in a perfect world, yeah sure that would be the positive attitude to have, but a lot of these indie developers don't have a strong relationship with Nintendo, bad-mouth Nintendo, and in the case of MeatBoy, their character hasn't even appeared on a Nintendo console and yet they're asking for votes? That's just silly.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Okay, in a perfect world, yeah sure that would be the positive attitude to have, but a lot of these indie developers don't have a strong relationship with Nintendo, bad-mouth Nintendo, and in the case of MeatBoy, their character hasn't even appeared on a Nintendo console and yet they're asking for votes? That's just silly.

Actually, MeatBoy has appeared on a Nintendo console. MeatBoy makes a cameo in Retro City Rampage (not sure if that's just the DX version or not). That actually almost makes it worse though, as that means the only appearance MeatBoy has on a Nintendo system is in another developer's game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Retro_on_theGo

Honestly people need to start hounding Team Meat to put Super Meat Boy on Wii U (again) if that's the main reason. I understand not wanting him in smash but people have been bashing the game over this ballot thing, which is just stupid. Super Meat Boy is practically considered a modern day classic in the platform genre and if it had debuted on WiiWare like it was intended to, people would probably be less opposed. But yeah, Meat Boy doesn't really have any reason at all to be in Smash.

Realistically, no single indie is ever getting in Smash. Sakurai won't know who they are and they don't have enough history. I love SMB, Shovel Knight, Cave Story, and other indie games but it still never occured to me to ask for them until this ballot thing.

What I've actually wanted from Nintendo for a while now is a new Smash Bros, but indie themed. Like only indie characters: Quote, Shovel Knight, Meat Boy, Commander Video, Patricia Wagon, Drifter, etc. The characters are all really different and come from so many varying games it would be ridiculously fun. But that's a really weird and unrealistic request. I really wish someone would do that in the Super Smash Flash 2 style.

The developer requests are probably getting out of hand, but really what did we expect? This ballot is pretty much every gamer's dream. They're not anything worth getting bothered over. If anything I got a really good laugh out of the adventure quest guys, that was hilarious. and to a lesser extent that gunvolt guy, lol

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

MsJubilee

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Sakurai won't know who they are and they don't have enough history.
[/sub]

This isn't Sakurai choice anymore,it's Nintendo's now.Cause the Big N is making the paychecks for his work.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Retro_on_theGo

TwilightAngel wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/sub]

This isn't Sakurai choice anymore,it's Nintendo's now.Cause the Big N is making the paychecks for his work.

Sakurai has always had the final word on putting a character in Smash. At this point his paycheck would be a hollow threat. Sakurai doesn't want to work on Smash anymore. He's been trying to leave since Melee.

Although it kind of sounded like Iwata had to talk Sakurai into this, so maybe.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

MsJubilee

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/sub]

Sakurai has always had the final word on putting a character in Smash. At this point his paycheck would be a hollow threat. Sakurai doesn't want to work on Smash anymore. He's been trying to leave since Melee.

But the money keeps bringing him back,poor guy.

Tsuchinoko

TwilightAngel wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/sub]

But the money keeps bringing him back,poor guy.

I genuinely think he loves the series and he puts his all into it, wants it to succeed and everything, but he's ready to hand it over to someone new. It seems like Nintendo is looking for young blood in a lot of dev teams. Iwata even has that co-host for the directs now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic