Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,101 to 22,120 of 27,917

Rexcalibr

Kirby's Crazy Appetite is, from what it looks like, near impossible to complete in Event Mode on Hard, which is what it's asking from you to get the reward. You can't use customs either.

Rexcalibr

veeflames

Rexcalibr wrote:

Kirby's Crazy Appetite is, from what it looks like, near impossible to complete in Event Mode on Hard, which is what it's asking from you to get the reward. You can't use customs either.

I'm trying to clear that challenge, too. Frankly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Who else hated the way Ness was thrashed in Lucas' reveal trailer? I'm not even a Ness main!

I thought it was great to see Lucas come to Ness's aid for once instead of the other way around. Lucas was portrayed so pathetically in Brawl...I mean, getting snagged on a tree branch in the ground? Weak. It was nice seeing Lucas get some redemption, as if he grew as a character since Brawl.

But that was the whole story of the reveal trailer, that Ness spent all that time in Smash 4 by himself and Lucas returned stronger to help him just like Ness did in Brawl. Even if there's no story mode they have been sneaking little character moments in the trailers, just this one was an overt reference to an event in Subspace.

Right. That's what I'm saying.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

veeflames

UGXwolf wrote:

@Rexcalibr @VeeFlamesNL Have you tried swallowing the food with Kirby's neutral B? He heals more that way.

Seriously? Despite being a Kirby main for 7+ years.. I didn't even know that. Thanks for the tip!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

Probably because items are horribly underused by anyone that takes the game seriously (myself included). But yeah, that's a big help and there's a lot of RNG involved. Usually, the DDD's won't eat the food if they aren't damaged, so try keeping up with what they're unlocking for you. Also, the left half of the screen seems to spawn food better than the rest of the stage, but whether you use that or not is up to you because lolRNG.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

I'm trying to clear that challenge, too. Frankly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Found out a trick online. Copy DeDe's ability and use his inhale to eat the food. You'll gain more health. Also you should pause and zoom the stage out to see where the food is. It's still a horrible experience.

Rexcalibr

Tsuchinoko

Untitled

Oh tumblr. Of couse the title for this one was "nice try, Sakurai"

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

I found out that for certain characters like Donkey Kong and Wario that you can do up tilt to up air. It will work very well at low percentages, how's that for a combo that doesn't start off from a grab... lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Gridatttack

I guess we saw it coming.
But I guess its funny how all this developers want a character that hasn't appeared in any ninty console, like Team Meat and Artix from that PC exclusive game.

Everyone wants their IP in smash.
Well. We will see at this October who was the most voted.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

UGXwolf

The thing about it is that characters who haven't even been on a Nintendo console realistically stand no actual chance. Voters likely won't consider them with any kind of immediacy, and even if they did somehow miraculously get high up in the rankings, Sakurai would almost certainly ignore them, assuming Nintendo doesn't paint a big X over their IP, to begin with. The ten characters I listed before seem ti be on the tip of most people's tongues at this monent, or they come up easily with any amount of thought. Meat Boy has none of these advantages and Edmund McMillen has awful relations with Nintendo at this time. They're not gonna play nice just because of a couple hundred thousand votes.

JC10101

Edmond got The Binding of Isaac on the Wii U, And had the green light for Meat Boy. How does he have bad relations with Nintendo?

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

And like I said, I'm pretty certain Sakurai isn't going to look at the most votes. Even characters who only were suggested like ONCE in the entire list may have a chance. (...like my suggestion. TwT)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Aozz101x

Wat.
i don't even... they don't even make any games on nintendo consoles

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

UGXwolf

JC10101 wrote:

Edmond got The Binding of Isaac on the Wii U, And had the green light for Meat Boy. How does he have bad relations with Nintendo?

Ever wonder why Meat Boy didn't come out on the Wii? Edmond's given reason was that he couldn't fit it on the small amount of space the Wii allowed for. He's certainly not lying, but that caused a lot of tension between Team Meat and Nintendo.

First off, by sharing that piece of information, he was breaking an NDA he had to sign to develop for WiiWare. Second, he'd sogned a contract saying he'd put the game on Wii. (You can argue all day if his inability to compress the game to fit on Wii Shop is a hallmark of a bad developer or not, but that's hardly important to this issue.) he then turned around and tried to develop The Binding of Isaac to launch on 3DS, but because he'd already broken multiple agreements, Nintendo wasn't so keen to trust him until he was willing to fill his contract from before. This led to a stubbornness stand off between the two and only just now did Binding of Isaac (Rebirth?) get the green light for Nintendo eShop. You could say it's been a long and petty argument, but the point still stands that Nintendo and Team Meat aren't exactly on good terms with each other.

Hendesu

Why do people want King R.rool playable? He been highly requested in due to polls, by why? What is his moveset gonna be anyway? We know he's gonna a heavy fighter. People are not gonna use him a lot due to him being a heavy character. So, what's the use voting for him?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Joeynator3000

...We're hating on heavy fighters now? Ok, Bowser sucks in this game, he's too slow.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic