Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,981 to 22,000 of 27,917

CapeSmash

SmashMario wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

So, apparently Lucas is banned from EVO 2015. Due to the fact that he's coming out a month before EVO, and nobody really has enough time to practice against him in that case.

Source

And I suppose that applies for Mewtwo as well?

Nope. He's going to be there.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

Nintendo6400 wrote:

It's kinda of surprising to see 3rd parties encourging people to vote for their ips the smash ballets.
Shantae https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/003/555/696/41419268f4a64257...

Banjoo https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxP3/status/584023190692737024

Even Shovel Knight (I don't have the link)

Not really. Smash at this point is a mostly huge deal. 3rd Parties want in on it because their character appearance is effectively free advertising so of course they'll manipula- I mean encourage people to vote in their favour.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler Hopefully we get to fight real soon. Unfortunately, right now I'm trying to cut down on playing Smash(I play it a lot when I'm supposed to be playing something else), so don't expect a lot of matches*.
Details. What what time will you be online tommorow? I want to go swimming tommorow, probably in the afternoon, so an convenient time range would be nice. And remember, voice chat-less matches.

*That's not to say I'll stop playing quickly. XD LOL. We shall see, though.

I am in GMT+2, but I will stay till like 2 am. So I think I will be able to battle you when you are ready.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

I'm sure the post Lucas characters will be all first party unless Sakurai and team find one on the ballot that they think would work and not be difficult to implement or be distracting. Smash is, at its core, a celebration of Nintendo franchises. People on some sites seem to be forgetting that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Inkling

I think the DLC characters will all be clones, excluding the ballot winner and Mewtwo. I mean, we have Lucas and people are begging for Wolf and Roy.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler Hopefully we get to fight real soon. Unfortunately, right now I'm trying to cut down on playing Smash(I play it a lot when I'm supposed to be playing something else), so don't expect a lot of matches*.
Details. What what time will you be online tommorow? I want to go swimming tommorow, probably in the afternoon, so an convenient time range would be nice. And remember, voice chat-less matches.

I am in GMT+2, but I will stay till like 2 am. So I think I will be able to battle you when you are ready.

I'm quite ready, now. Although... what country are you in?
I'm sending a FR to you right now. Let's fight!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I'm quite ready, now. Although... what country are you in?
I'm sending a FR to you right now. Let's fight!

I'm not ready now sadly will be later today though, what time is it for you now?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler Just 4:30am here. Yeah, I know, too early, but whatever.

What are you doing at 4:30 am? xD

Pootypie

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Er... waking up? LOL.
Anyways, when will you be ready? As much as I'd like to continue this chat, I think we're derailing a bit from the point of this thread... X(

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Er... waking up? LOL.
Anyways, when will you be ready? As much as I'd like to continue this chat, I think we're derailing a bit from the point of this thread... X(

Come on nintendolife chat if you can

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Pootypie

Inkling wrote:

I think the DLC characters will all be clones, excluding the ballot winner and Mewtwo. I mean, we have Lucas and people are begging for Wolf and Roy.

Snake? Lol

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko

Inkling wrote:

Other than Mother 3 fans, many people wanted Lucas back because other than the specials they share, Lucas plays so differently from Ness that he has never been considered a clone. He is more of a clone in the way that Luigi is a clone, whereas Ganondorf and Falco are seen as more like what clones are. If Lucas gets a different final Smash and distinct customs then he will be even less cloney.

Oh, and from the polls I've seen, FE Roy is nowhere in the top for the ballot. The top cut veterans are Snake and Wolf, who is far less cloney than Falco.

Issac is getting a lot of votes, which is nice. He's gotta be up for a Smash game eventually with Takamaru.

Edit: Yeah, randomly checked more post voting polls and I keep seeing Issac and K.Rool as the top newcomers, with the top veterans being Snake and Wolf.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

cookiex

I never understood why Ganondorf is a C. Falcon clone. With Falco and Lucina I can see them being clones making sense, but why Ganondorf? 90% of his moveset isn't even in any of the Zelda games, where he's more of a sorcerer/swordsman than a brawler. Hyrule Warriors is closer to what he really should be like.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Pootypie

cookiex wrote:

I never understood why Ganondorf is a C. Falcon clone. With Falco and Lucina I can see them being clones making sense, but why Ganondorf? 90% of his moveset isn't even in any of the Zelda games, where he's more of a sorcerer/swordsman than a brawler. Hyrule Warriors is closer to what he really should be like.

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko

cookiex wrote:

Two games later and he's stayed the same, though I do like his final smash.

So, just as a group, lets discuss the current pool of characters that keep appearing in the tops of these polls.

-Issac
-K. Rool
-Wolf
-Snake
-Inkling

And yes, there has been a huge push for Shovel Knight, apparently from the Reddit crowd. Bayonetta, Rayman and Dixie Kong are up there sometimes.

Its, diverse to say the least.

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko I've also seen a lot of requests for Ridley on Miiverse...yeah, it's not gonna happen. Then again, I don't really think I can talk, given how I was one of those people who wanted Ridley in the game...I sort of got what I wanted.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

cookiex

NintyMan wrote:

According to the wording of this Facebook post, Nintendo might only consider Nintendo characters.

"Okay, here it goes... which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site..."

So much for Banjo-Kazooie or Shovel Knight!

https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN/posts/416170928556593

That doesn't actually say anything. Smash has always been advertised as a Nintendo mash-up, but Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man and Mega Man have all been allowed in.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Tsuchinoko

cookiex wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

According to the wording of this Facebook post, Nintendo might only consider Nintendo characters.

"Okay, here it goes... which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site..."

So much for Banjo-Kazooie or Shovel Knight!

https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN/posts/416170928556593

That doesn't actually say anything. Smash has always been advertised as a Nintendo mash-up, but Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man and Mega Man have all been allowed in.

Yeah, but they are all iconic, and made it in either by special arrangement, by having the company work help with development, or highly requested in Sonics case, but he had a long history on Nintendo consoles.

Shovel Knight has none of those.

I really want them to stick with Nintendo characters for DLC, especially if this is Sakurais last game, so he can go out with the biggest bang ever.

There's still Nintendo franchises with barely any representation.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic