Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,821 to 21,840 of 27,917

TuVictus

Well, cutting them down to 1 person instead of two would definitely cut down on power needed. But...they'd have to buff him beyond recognition

TuVictus

CapeSmash

Untitled

Did I do an okay job?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

So a rumor that thus far has accurately predicted only the date of the Nintendo Direct states that Mewtwo will be at the end of tge Direct with a trailer and a timed Club Nintendo exclusive release for April 9th. Nothing says this rumor is valid, but this rumor also seems to suggest that Mewtwo won't be publicly available for a couple months afterwards, so... Keep an eye out for that.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Unlocking CDs in Master and Crazy orders so far has been a huge chore and pain.

Mario with defensive equipment and a home run bat and quick batter. You're welcome.

wait… you can use equipment ? OMG I totally forgot to just use a custom character when doing this.

Untitled

wow I wasted so much time, energy and frustration.

Rexcalibr

TeeJay

No point speculating now, just a few hours to go

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rexcalibr

Trying to register on Club Nintendo now and the site is just not responding.. I guess everyone waited until the last minute like means now it's overloaded with traffic.

Rexcalibr

TuVictus

that german leaked direct was also admitted to be fake as well. Which is good in a way, since now I'll be surprised at whatever they announce tomorrow

TuVictus

DefHalan

CapeSmash wrote:

Untitled

Did I do an okay job?

Not sure why it would be under the Nintendo 3DS tab instead of Wii U or Games... but also once you click a link the tab is no longer highlighted normally.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rexcalibr

Registering for CN just isn't working. I've been trying for over an hour now. Getting ready to just forget about it. Mewto wasn't that important to me anyway but I guess I shouldn't have waited until the last day.

There will probably be some other way to access him in the future or register products.

Rexcalibr

CapeSmash

The instagram account is fake.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Smitherenez

So, one of my friends mains Megaman, and he is pain to fight against. I can't get close because of the projectiles. When I get close, I get punished by his smash attacks. Using projectiles as Toon Link doesn't help me against him and characters like Captain Falcon, Peach and Bowser simply can't get close enough. The strategy he uses is kinda cheap, spam projectiles and when I get close he runs to the other side of the field. Whenever I am at higher percents he starts spamming smashes or meteors me down the stage whenever I try to recover. Does anyone have tips on how to beat the guy?

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

UGXwolf

Smitherenez wrote:

So, one of my friends mains Megaman, and he is pain to fight against. I can't get close because of the projectiles. When I get close, I get punished by his smash attacks. Using projectiles as Toon Link doesn't help me against him and characters like Captain Falcon, Peach and Bowser simply can't get close enough. The strategy he uses is kinda cheap, spam projectiles and when I get close he runs to the other side of the field. Whenever I am at higher percents he starts spamming smashes or meteors me down the stage whenever I try to recover. Does anyone have tips on how to beat the guy?

I find regular Link is surprisingly effective at getting inside of Mega Man's projectiles. He's good enough close range to beat out Mega Man's paltry close-range options and spacing. Just be careful, because he will try to hit you with something, ANYTHING, when you get close. Probably try hitting him before he can properly react. (Also helps that most of Mega's projectiles won't hit Link, if he's standing still.

Jazzer94

Smitherenez wrote:

Shield on approach ( preferably a power shield) grab and punish, as a Falcon main honestly Link and Mega man aren't to bad as their close up game pales in comparison to Falcons unlike a character like Sheik who excels in both.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Rexcalibr

Mega Man's stupid projectiles get predictable.

HIs sticky bomb takes a while to explode so just shield a second or two after it hits you. You won't take any damage. His charged, I think forward smash projectile has limited range and leaves him way open if he misses. Depending on who you're using, jumping above it and attacking with an ariel is your best bet.

I find the best option is getting directly in his face because he's going to keep trying to space you and troll with his projectiles. He'll also try his tired tornado when he knocks you above but it's easy to just move out of the way. One thing to keep an eye out for is his ariels because his back air I think (the flame sword) is deadly.

I find Link and Toon Link a much bigger problem when it comes to them abusing projectiles.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

veeflames

Smitherenez wrote:

I know, right?! I mean, seriously! Mega Man opponents are tickets to spamfests. The problem with my approach strategy is that I'm barely successful in dealing any sort of damage to him after all the dodging and shielding. Speaking of spamfests, I have been facing a lot of spamming Links lately...

Sparx wrote:

I'd watch it if the story was good

I'D WATCH IT ANYTIME I CAN.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 Link long range > Sheik long range from my experience. I really don't think Sheik excels at long range all that much, anyways. But then, I don't consider Bouncing Fish long range, and besides, Sheik is fast and can get in close without any problems, and she's an absolute terror up close. And I don't think Link's really that bad close up, either, though certainly not as good as Falcon, who specializes in close range and juggling.

@rexcalibr Don't shield sticky bombs, if you can help it. It's way too easy to punish that with a grab. Your best option is to rub the bomb off on someone else.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic