Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,701 to 21,720 of 27,917

Yoshi

NintendoFan64 wrote:

...if Lucas came back, I'd do the Wess dance. FOR AN HOUR.

Will you, now?

Untitled

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CapeSmash

Some of you are probably wondering why Mewtwo is "taking so long." Well, maybe this is why:

• They have to make animations for him (duh), put graphics over some of his moves, and add sound effects to him.
  • They have to test alllll of his moves on all the fighters, items, stages, modes, etc. to make sure none of his moves glitch-up or crash the game. And if one of his moves does glitch-up or crash, they have to dig through the source code to find and fix the problem. They also have to use all the other fighters' moves on Mewtwo as well.
  • They have to add him in classic mode, all-star mode, and all the other modes. Plus they have to make his classic and all-star mode clear pics. Oh, and they have to make his clear movie.

Come to think of it... it doesn't seem like it would take that long to create a fighter. A lot of that stuff can be completed over the course of a few months (I'm guessing about 5 months), especially with a big team.

@UGXwolf I've been playing Project M a lot recently, and the graphics just look really, really dated, and some characters look really stupid with the hyper-realistic artstyle (like Yoshi). I think the Melee models look fine... except for Yoshi and Luigi... seriously WTF is wrong with them?

@TheGreatBrawler About the throws doing too much knockback: They do too much knockback, and at the same time, don't kill. That's my problem. If you're going to increase the throw knockback from previous games, make them kill (and yes, I'm aware that some throws kill, like Ness and Mario's back throw).

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

@CapeSmash - Yeah, a lot of things would've been tested for Mewtwo and the same would apply to other DLC characters if they were to happen. Including stuff like additional trophies, tips, art renders/icons, Kirby ability and the Palutena Guidance conversation; along side all of the basic stuff.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CrazyOtto

Rexcalibr wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

Pac-Man's Final Smash should've been like Mega Man's, with all of the other Pac-Men blasting giant lasers out of their mouths.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Ewww… no thanks. They all look creepy as hell and his Final Smash makes perfect sense for him. They should have had Mrs. Pacman as a pallet swap though.

I was joking, I like Pac-Man's actual final Smash.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

IceClimbers

So what do you think Mewtwo's final smash will be? If they go with Mega Evolution, it'll be Mega Mewtwo Y as that's the favorable one by marketing like Mega Charizard X.

Also wondering if Mewtwo will get a moveset overhaul.

Anyway, here's some music:

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

So what do you think Mewtwo's final smash will be? If they go with Mega Evolution, it'll be Mega Mewtwo Y as that's the favorable one by marketing like Mega Charizard X.

You're most likely not wrong, but keep in mind that "favorable marketing" is only one reason they do things. Sometimes one thing just works better than another, as is the case with Robin taking Chrom's place. If the team (and especially Sakurai) decides that Mega Mewtwo X works better than Mega Mewtwo Y for their purposes, they'll probably go with that, or perhaps they'll set up a quick button prompt to select X or Y (extremely unlikely, but a thought) and pick a random one for you, if you aren't quick enough.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

I wonder what Mewtwo's custom moves will be. Also, when Mewtwo comes out, that's pretty much the only character you'll be seeing online for awhile. .-.

Smash Mains:

Azooooz

CapeSmash wrote:

I wonder what Mewtwo's custom moves will be. Also, when Mewtwo comes out, that's pretty much the only character you'll be seeing online for awhile. .-.

I can't wait to beat the hell out of it with Lucario or Greninja.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Grumblevolcano

CapeSmash wrote:

Only if spamming is easy, if that's not possible then you'll still be seeing much more Link and Toon Link.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

CapeSmash wrote:

Well then, I look forward to beating my first Mewtwo opponent...
EDIT: Just a quick question... has your morale in Smash ever been brought down in one way or the other?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

That's true.

Anyways, Sakurai looked absolutely exhausted in that video. He's been working practically non-stop for the past 5-6 years on Kid Icarus and Smash, and I doubt he got much of a break if at all between the two games. Give this man a long vacation!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

That's true.

Anyways, Sakurai looked absolutely exhausted in that video. He's been working practically non-stop for the past 5-6 years on Kid Icarus and Smash, and I doubt he got much of a break if at all between the two games. Give this man a long vacation!

Yeah, he freaking earned one.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

I also wonder what Mewtwo's alts will be... Keep in mind, he's going to have 8 of them. In Melee he had an orange, blue, and green alt. Now they need to give him 4 new ones. I wonder if one of them will be a costume?

@VeeFlamesNL "EDIT: Just a quick question... has your morale in Smash ever been brought down in one way or the other?"

Not that I recall, no.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Tsuchinoko

Did Mewtwo speak in Melee? I don't remember.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Only in the Japanese version I believe. IIRC he just grunts in the English version. BUT! Doesn't Melee have an option to change the language to Japanese? Anyone with Melee can check if that's the case.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Well then, I look forward to beating my first Mewtwo opponent...
EDIT: Just a quick question... has your morale in Smash ever been brought down in one way or the other?

Yes, mostly when I lose with Falcon or Ganondorf.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Only in the Japanese version I believe. IIRC he just grunts in the English version. BUT! Doesn't Melee have an option to change the language to Japanese? Anyone with Melee can check if that's the case.

Yeah TeeJay you got that right. Same thing goes for Marth and someone else.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Rexcalibr

I find one of the best ways to improve in this game is play training mode and set it to be in slow motion.

Rexcalibr

Pootypie

Rexcalibr wrote:

I find one of the best ways to improve in this game is play training mode and set it to be in slow motion.

Yeah I was able to spot dodge by doing that

Pootypie

UGXwolf

CapeSmash wrote:

I find this somewhat unlikely. Common, yeah. The only character you'll see online? Doubtful. Keep in mind that you have to have both versions, so if you play the 3DS version online, you're less likely to run into a Mewtwo. And besides that, this isn't like Mario Kart where you can just pick up any character and it'll work fine. A lot of people who can't get used to Mewtwo's fighting style probably won't bother.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic