Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,581 to 21,600 of 27,917

Azooooz

Lucario has become one of my mains now, next to Mario, Meta Knight, and Little Mac. After many matches as it, I definitely liked his high-risk-high-reward style.Its aura mechanic, as some people think, is not broken. It's basically rage attack with additional knockback using aura attacks. Its combo is balanced, which have moderate speed and power. The only thing I did not like about Lucario is its smash attacks. It leaves him open for about a second.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

What if Smash Tournaments were separated into weight classes? Each character would be placed in one of five weight classes. Just for example:
Heavy - DK, Bowser
Mid-Heavy - Ike
Mid - Link, Mario
Light-Mid - Yoshi
Light - Diddy, Shiek

I think at first people would gravitate to Light class (mainly for Diddy) but the multiple weight classes could add variety while still allowing for All-Class tournaments. Just a thought.

What would be the point of doing this then there is organising it to which would be silly and a nightmare.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What if Smash Tournaments were separated into weight classes? Each character would be placed in one of five weight classes. Just for example:
Heavy - DK, Bowser
Mid-Heavy - Ike
Mid - Link, Mario
Light-Mid - Yoshi
Light - Diddy, Shiek

I think at first people would gravitate to Light class (mainly for Diddy) but the multiple weight classes could add variety while still allowing for All-Class tournaments. Just a thought.

What would be the point of doing this then there is organising it to which would be silly and a nightmare.

The point would be to add variety. I have lost interest in watching tournaments cause for the most part it has turned into Diddy and Rosalina. Anyone playing characters other than those is normally knocked out early. This means there is less variety and a lot of characters never being played. I think it could add more strategy in each weight class as you would use heaviey characters differently against other heavy characters compared to using them against light characters. It could also add the amount of "Big" events for streaming. You not only have the Finals, but the Finals for each weight class. Smash streams are getting boring to watch from the lack of variety, maybe adding in weight classes would add the variety back while not destroying the way the game is already played.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

JunkosBoobies

You people will probably chase me off the forums with pitchforks and torches for saying this but I kinda sorta main Rosalina...

Flame Shield activated

If it makes you feel any better, I main King Dedede too.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Kai_

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Heavy - DK, Bowser
Mid-Heavy - Ike
Mid - Link, Mario
Light-Mid - Yoshi
Light - Diddy, Shiek

The point would be to add variety. I have lost interest in watching tournaments cause for the most part it has turned into Diddy and Rosalina. Anyone playing characters other than those is normally knocked out early. This means there is less variety and a lot of characters never being played. I think it could add more strategy in each weight class as you would use heaviey characters differently against other heavy characters compared to using them against light characters. It could also add the amount of "Big" events for streaming. You not only have the Finals, but the Finals for each weight class. Smash streams are getting boring to watch from the lack of variety, maybe adding in weight classes would add the variety back while not destroying the way the game is already played.

This sort of defeats the point in the characters having these differences. It forces you to adapt to their speed/strength. I imagine it would be even more boring watching Bowsers side-smash each other all day.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

DefHalan

Plateface wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Heavy - DK, Bowser
Mid-Heavy - Ike
Mid - Link, Mario
Light-Mid - Yoshi
Light - Diddy, Shiek

This sort of defeats the point in the characters having these differences. It forces you to adapt to their speed/strength. I imagine it would be even more boring watching Bowsers side-smash each other all day.

It is just as boring to watch Diddy do grabs all day, at least this way we get more variety and I highly doubt Bowser would be a great choice against other heavy characters.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kai_

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

You people will probably chase me off the forums with pitchforks and torches for saying this but I kinda sorta main Rosalina...

Flame Shield activated

If it makes you feel any better, I main King Dedede too.

Gotta love the King.
Only Ness mains should be chased out.

Kai_

Pootypie

I don't think I'm ever going on For Glory ever again...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Azooooz

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And why is that?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And why is that?

Literally every single match people spam... What's so fun doing just 3 different inputs the whole match? It's just plain boring and waste of time.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

If you are wondering I do team matches with my brother. That place has the most spammers I guarantee you.

Pootypie

Kai_

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And why is that?

Literally every single match people spam... What's so fun doing just 3 different inputs the whole match? It's just plain boring and waste of time.

Literally every Samus and Link.

Kai_

Azooooz

Plateface wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And why is that?

Add King DDD. I've played against a player who used King Dedede, and all he does is making sure you're out of stage, and he waits on the edge and as soon as you made it back to the stage, he unleashes his charged jet hammer on you. It annoys me so much, I want to break him apart.

Tsuchinoko

NintyMan wrote:

Nobuo Uematsu on how he got to work for Brawl:

“I have a feeling that I got the job offer from Mr. Sakurai while we were drinking. He would let me selfishly do whatever I wanted, whether it be using an orchestra or using opera singers.”

He was interested in working on the new Super Smash Bros., but was never contacted by Sakurai. He thought there were enough Japanese composers working on it anyway.

“Why didn’t I participate in the new Smash Brothers!? Ask Mr. Sakurai! I wanted to work on it! All joking aside, it’s just that, since there are many video game musicians representing Japan who are already participating, there’s no need for me.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/13/final-f...

The music in brawl was so good!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

Personally, I've found Ike to be amazingly effective against Rosaluma (go figure). His high launching power nearly OHKO's Luma in most likely situations. (Rosaluma's tend to stay near the ledge in this scenario, hoping to take advantage of Ike's dismal air game.) After that, Rosie tends to be in a bit of a pickle.

Link is only cheap when lag is present. A clever Link will know how to switch up projectiles and close-range to keep their opponent on their toes. Bombs are amazingly useful in a lot of situations and those smashes are ALL deadly. But no single thing on him is OP or particularly cheap. Annoying, potentially. Cheap? No.

Yoshi is a rather amusing dilemma of an opponent, since his air game is great, but his recovery is all kinds of pathetic. Yoshi's can be very annoying, but I wouldn't really call them "cheap." (They do represent a wonderful FOO strategy for this game, vaulting off of the video someone posed earlier.) Yoshi gets punished easily and can't really compete with most ranged characters from a distance or most close-range characters up close. Yoshi's also easy to punish, (just don't let that full down-air get you or that hard work will be for nothing.) so just keep an eye on him, play it safe, and make him regret everything he does. (Also, you're complaining about the VERY minimal upwards movement he gets from his up-B? It gives him an effective fourth and fifth jump, sure, but really only the first one is even worth all that much.)

Bowser is a similar case. He's very powerful, and if left unattended in an FfA, he can do some SERIOUS damage, but... he's slow... and reads easier than a 3rd grade textbook... and has so much recovery lag, he makes Wolf look fast. Seriously, most of Bowser's "good" moves can get punished by even the newest of players, if they read the pattern. They even nerfed his suicide to keep it from granting him victory.

As for Zero Suit, yeah, I think she does the all-rounder thing a bit TOO well. She's not exactly an EASY character to play as, but she's a bit TOO easy for how good she can be. And Diddy... Diddy's just plain annoying. All around. I'm sure we'll develop counter strategies over time, but for now, he's just so ridiculous.

Hmmm... I see... I can't help but think that Link, Bowser, Zero Suit Samus are very cheap though. Cool characters and very fun to play as but are also incredibly annoying. Its like how anyone who mains Lucina is gonna spam Counter.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Rexcalibr

I really wish online had lobbies like in most other fighting games where you can spectate the current match as you wait for your turn. Wii U really needs to work on their online mode to make it more interactive…..

I also think it would be awesome if you could play "For Glory" 1 vs. 1 matches as two characters… like, since you have two stocks, you should be able to have a mode where you select two different characters… for example I pick Zelda as my first stock and Ike as my second. He would come out after she dies. Anyone else think that would be cool?

They also should really stop making the majority of online mode timed battles. They should make all of them stock battles, and then have a timer that's a lot longer that what they have now just in case the match goes idle for too long.

Rexcalibr

DBPirate

Just thought I'd share some quotes that I thought were worth looking back at.

Suicune wrote:

Villager Taunt - Takes out Axe and Eye Gleam.
Wii Fit Trainer - Pulls out the Balance Board and stands on it; a healthy Wii Fit age appears behind her.

(pg 87)

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Having my fingers crossed for this one.
Untitled

(pg 89)

Dweeb wrote:

All I want is Krystal, Mewtwo, and Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario. Who's with me?

(pg 97)

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I'm betting right now the wonderful 101 direct ends with a trailer for one of the characters joining smash bros.

(pg 102)

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Untitled
I know it would be highly doubtful, but I can dream can I?

(pg 103)

I'll let you know if I find more ironic ones.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Justlink

I can't stand online play anymore. My attacks don't work right if theres even a bit off lag. I was just battling someone but called quits because the small bits of lag ruined my attacks and sometimes passed through the other person without damaging them. Ugh.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Kai_

Azooooz wrote:

Plateface wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And why is that?

Add King DDD. I've played against a player who used King Dedede, and all he does is making sure you're out of stage, and he waits on the edge and as soon as you made it back to the stage, he unleashes his charged jet hammer on you. It annoys me so much, I want to break him apart.

Yeah he can be kinda spammy with the gordos, I use him a bit but mostly only when people annoy me so I just spit them under the stage lol. Jet hammer is only useful for faking out people with counters I find.

Kai_

Rexcalibr

justlink wrote:

I can't stand online play anymore. My attacks don't work right if theres even a bit off lag. I was just battling someone but called quits because the small bits of lag ruined my attacks and sometimes passed through the other person without damaging them. Ugh.

I can adjust to a slight lag but if there is just a bad delay in the control inputs and the game constantly stops, rebuffs and starts again, I just throw myself off the stage and commit suicide. I notice the lag is usually only that bad for me during certain hours of the day; usually between 4pm to 8pm.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic