Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,481 to 21,500 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Gotta disagree with you about the music. Personally, I find that there are way too many good songs for me to narrow it down to roughly two per stage, and I definitely feel that a lot of the best music is exclusive to the Wii U version.

Secondly, dodges and tilts really are extremely useful, depending on your character. Take Ike, for example. If all you ever use are smashes and specials, you're not likely to hit the opponent all that often, since all of that stuff takes up a large amount of wind-up and recovery time. His tilts are the only viable option for getting in a quick hit, when your opponent is trying to hit you, first. Can't speak too much for the Koopalings, but I do know that in a lot of situations, I'd prefer the fork (side-tilt) over the drills (side-smash) because the drills leave you locked in place for way too long.

Also, splat death animations are glorious. :3 I can't wait to see Mewtwo's.

As a last note, I'd also love to see some other characters as Assist trophies. Funky Kong would be great, Maybe someone from Sonic that /isn't/ Shadow? I would've keeled over if Lloyd had been anywhere in the game, AT included. Really, any character that I feel like could've or should've been playable would've made a wonderful Assist Trophy. I'd argue the same applies for most people.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

Real funny... I met a DK online. He beats me by spamming B-Down or that slamming attack. Then I change to Little Mac. Then he spams B↓ALMOST the entire match! Now... how can I... attack him effectively while he is spamming? I could use Kirby's B↑... or attack him from above... but he ends the spamming early and dodges/strikes back. Spammers....

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

^Hm. Just an ordinary jump attack would make sense... Now why didn't I think of that?

God first.

JoyBoy

Maybe you could stand on a distance and use range-based attacks? Make him come to you instead of the other way around.

Edit: Yeah, sorry about that. I just deleted my post since I saw you already kind of thought about that suggestion.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

UGXwolf

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

^Hm. Just an ordinary jump attack would make sense... Now why didn't I think of that?

Link would probably be particularly effective against that strategy. His projectiles are kinda slow, so either they'll hit or he'll dodge them, but you'll have the ability to run in while he's not spamming down-B. Bombs might be particularly effective, if timed right. The reason I specify Link is because if DK gets close, Link can actually defend himself. Also, Little Mac's side-B would've likely be useful.

veeflames

Also, Little Mac's side-B would've likely be useful.

I did that a lot(since he was spamming a lot), but only a few hit. The ones that didn't hit, he took advantage(grabs and throws, mainly).
I could have used Duck Hunt for his wall of projectiles, but I quit the session..

God first.

UGXwolf

Little Mac's side-B needs to be handled unpredictably. It's easy to punish, if you know it's coming. It's also worth knowing the timing, but DK can't stop his down-B at just any point. If you time it right, he shouldn't have a chance to dodge or shield.

Tasuki

So I ordered this game from Amazon last week and I should be getting it here in the next few days but I have to ask. Anyone know how many coins from CN you get for registering this game? Also can anyone confirm do you get Mewtwo right away when you register it if you have a 3DS version too?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Rexcalibr

Tasuki wrote:

So I ordered this game from Amazon last week and I should be getting it here in the next few days but I have to ask. Anyone know how many coins from CN you get for registering this game? Also can anyone confirm do you get Mewtwo right away when you register it if you have a 3DS version too?

I believe you have to register your 3DS but I'm not positive. You also have to be a member of Club Nintendo, which I'm not. I have the 3DS version but never made a CN account, and I don't remember the cut-off date if there is one. I may have missed it.

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

I just used Pac-man for the first time,he's so fun to use!I He's going to be new main,i love him more then ever now!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Harleyman89

Kind of a stretch.. but does anyone have a SSB Wii U CN code they can share with me? I wanted the Mewtwo character for the 3DS before the offer ends. I also needed 50 coins for HarmoKnight/Elite status.. this would help me out in 3 ways. I, of course, will send you back the Wii U code for Mewtwo. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks for listening!

Harleyman89

veeflames

Untitled
A Smash Bros. paint of mine... Here's the Miiverse post itself:
Untitled

I was just thinking of how the VP could be in Smash... he himself would not fight (in fact, I thought the only thing he'd do HIMSELF is taunt). His grabs would be launching Brother toward the opponent, His side smashes would be a protester slam, his Down B would be Mom's lecture which will reduce the attack power of an opponent(s). Amd he'll have a meter system similar to Little Mac's, but his will consist of 3 orbs.. The more orbs lit up, the stronger the VP's moves will be. And I just based all of this on the demo!
And I'm letting my imagination run out of it's cage... sorry! shrugs

God first.

UGXwolf

It's a cool idea, but as a non-action-based character and one that's just coming out now with no prior fanbase or series fanfare, he'd have an extremely uphill battle just getting a DLC trophy in, let alone a model complete with animations. XD

Not saying it isn't a cool idea. Just pointing out how unrealistic it would be. (But then Duck Hunt happened, so who knows?!!)

Tasuki

Rexcalibr wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I believe you have to register your 3DS but I'm not positive. You also have to be a member of Club Nintendo, which I'm not. I have the 3DS version but never made a CN account, and I don't remember the cut-off date if there is one. I may have missed it.

Yeah I have a 3DS Smash Bros registered already to my CN account (I got the game for my son for Christmas on 3DS).

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf wrote:

Gotta disagree with you about the music. Personally, I find that there are way too many good songs for me to narrow it down to roughly two per stage, and I definitely feel that a lot of the best music is exclusive to the Wii U version.
d
As a last note, I'd also love to see some other characters as Assist trophies. Funky Kong would be great, Maybe someone from Sonic that /isn't/ Shadow? I would've keeled over if Lloyd had been anywhere in the game, AT included. Really, any character that I feel like could've or should've been playable would've made a wonderful Assist Trophy. I'd argue the same applies for most people.

Slippy should have been an assist trophy, and you should be able to hit him.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Secondly, dodges and tilts really are extremely useful, depending on your character. Take Ike, for example. If all you ever use are smashes and specials, you're not likely to hit the opponent all that often, since all of that stuff takes up a large amount of wind-up and recovery time. His tilts are the only viable option for getting in a quick hit, when your opponent is trying to hit you, first. Can't speak too much for the Koopalings, but I do know that in a lot of situations, I'd prefer the fork (side-tilt) over the drills (side-smash) because the drills leave you locked in place for way too long.

I think Nintendo Hype Train should've been an assist trophy.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I think Nintendo Hype Train should've been an assist trophy.

I think everyone should'ave been an assist trophy,just pick them and watch them fight for you.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grawbad

That views count though.........

Grawbad

OdnetninAges

So I was playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U earlier today, and one of the "Tips" that came up on the loading screen was about Sonic's origins. It said that Sonic first appeared in a game called "Rad Mobile", and that Sonic was an air freshener that hung from the rear-view mirror.

I'm surprised that Sakurai and/or the Nintendo of America localization team actually acknowledged the fact that Sonic first appeared in Rad Mobile. Not even the Sega All-Stars games list him as first appearing in Rad Mobile. The fact that this was in Super Smash Bros. made my day.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

NintendoFan64

OdnetninAges wrote:

So I was playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U earlier today, and one of the "Tips" that came up on the loading screen was about Sonic's origins. It said that Sonic first appeared in a game called "Rad Mobile", and that Sonic was an air freshener that hung from the rear-view mirror.

I'm surprised that Sakurai and/or the Nintendo of America localization team actually acknowledged the fact that Sonic first appeared in Rad Mobile. Not even the Sega All-Stars games list him as first appearing in Rad Mobile. The fact that this was in Super Smash Bros. made my day.

It is a nice little touch, isn't it?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic